ASUS teases its 34-inch curved ultrawide NVIDIA G-Sync monitor

snowComet

If you read Nvidia's slides about their new G-Sync monitors in today's 980 Ti launch, you would see a new Asus monitor being mentioned, called "PG34Q". 

NewMonitors_575px.jpg
(image source?: Anandtech, http://www.anandtech.com/show/9303/nvidia-launches-mobile-gsync )

According to Nvidia's slide, PG34Q is very similar to Acer's X34. They both are 34" in size, have the resolution of 3440x1440, and both are IPS display. But Acer's support 75Hz refresh rate while Asus only support 60Hz.

And in today's pre-Computex press event, Asus revealed the a 34" ultrawide curve G-sync monitor, which I believe this could be the "PG34Q". Interestingly it has a very unique stand, and according to Japanese media 4Gamer,net, it has both displayport 1.2 and HDMI 1.4. Unfortunately no info about pricing and availability has been revealed yet.

ROG-34-inch-curved-gaming-monitor.jpg

45559_02_asus-teases-34-inch-curved-ultr

45559_05_asus-teases-34-inch-curved-ultr

45559_03_asus-teases-34-inch-curved-ultr

45559_08_asus-teases-34-inch-curved-ultr

005.jpg

006.jpg

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/45559/asus-teases-34-inch-curved-ultrawide-nvidia-sync-monitor/index.html

http://www.4gamer.net/games/047/G004755/20150601068/ (in Japanese)

*update: Asus's press statement has the following description on this monitor...

ROG 34-inch Curved G-SYNC Monitor

This 34-inch 3800R curved display features wide-viewing angles, a 3440 x 1440 native resolution, and 21:9 aspect ratio. It features NVIDIA® G-SYNC™ display technology to deliver smooth, lag-free visuals. G-SYNC synchronizes the display’s refresh rate to the GPU in any GeForce® GTX™-powered PC to eliminate screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag. This results in sharper, more vibrant images; and more fluid and responsive gameplay. It has extensive connectivity options that include DisplayPort and HDMI.

http://press.asus.com/PressReleases/p/ASUS-Showcases-the-Latest-Innovations-at-Computex-2015#.VWxl8s-qpHw

*update: PCDIY posted some key specifications of this monitor and a little FAQ, thx to @The Gaige for the heads up.

Key specifications & features

*not all specifications / feature or functions are detailed.

34” optimal dimension for QHD resolutions with 3440×1440 resolution
21:9 ultra-wide aspect ratio for increased immersion and improved horizontal workflow1
IPS based panel for superior color reproduction, black levels and reduction of color shifting
NVIDIA G-SYNC equipped offering smooth, fluid and tear free gaming with improved motion clarity. Additionally equipped with ULMB operating mode for outstanding motion clarity.
Frameless design for seamless surround gaming
ASUS exclusive GamePlus feature and Turbo Key
Ergonomic adjustment including tilt, swivel and height adjustment

Product Name / Model Number:

Not currently defined or confirmed – ASUS ROG 34-inch Curved G-SYNC Monitor

FAQ

*This monitor is still under design and development and as such features, functions and specifications are open to change.

1. When will this be available?

At this time the monitor is still under design and development and a approximate release date has not been defined.

2. What is the refresh rate?

At this time 60Hz, currently to reach beyond this refresh rate a panel needs to be developed in this aspect ratio and resolution as well as designed to operate at this high refresh rate. Beyond this due to the increased resolution there are bandwidth limitations with the current DP implementation. As the unit support G-SYNC the G-SYNC controller currently can not support the new DP 1.3 specification which would allow for near 4K or 4K+ resolutions at refresh rates higher than 60Hz.

http://pcdiy.asus.com/2015/06/asus-34-ultrawide-qhd-ips-219-curved-g-sync-monitor/

This post has been promoted to an article

Tbh, I think the stand is too thick.  :wacko:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Wow..... But hopefully PG279Q will help me get over 1080p display

Finally got PS4 Pro

Ultra wide? Curved? Looks like Asus is going on the gravy train with Samsung and LG.

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

G-sync.. curved.. adjustable stand.. and it's Asus, so the color calibration should be a bit better than Acer's.  Just need an X-rite or Spyder, get it -perfect-.  Okay Asus.  You may be the source of my next two monitors.  If only Dell had Freesync / G-sync ultrasharps..

Hmmm thats good timing, I am on the lookout for a new monitor soon.... The G-Sync might just persuade me to buy it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

all the specs are perfect... except the 60hz (considering Acer managed to do 75hz)....   well - it better be 500$then;

otherwise i`ll just have to WAIT SOME FUCKING MORE, before i spend the big bucks

That monitor looks sweet. So happy that 21:9 is winning in pc gaming, as it is such  nice aspect ratio for pretty much all games. Also the reason why the stand looks derpy, is because the panel is turned sideways. Apparently it can swivel a lot.

Any word if this will b a 75 or a 144hz panel? Either way, give me a Freesync one please :D

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Hang on, frameless design for seamless multi display gaming??

Who in their right mind has multiple curved displays?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Finally a curved monitor with adjustable stand :D I hope nvidia updates the gsync module so that dp 1.3 would work with it and following that asus releases a high ref rate version. While this resolution will be a pain to drive at 60fps, it would be a great boon for something like mobas played at 16:9 res with black bars on the sides (cant imagine playing something like this on the fullscreen)

Am I the only one who thinks this monitor looks sexy as fuck?

Sweet, it pretty big so i can't use it but I would love to see one

Am I the only one who thinks this monitor looks sexy as fuck?

Not if its 60hz...   then the acer version looks better

Someone not so wise said that "Real men like curves". Now i understand what he/she meant with it.  :wub:

"You can´t spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!^^"

Finally a curved monitor with adjustable stand :D I hope nvidia updates the gsync module so that dp 1.3 would work with it and following that asus releases a high ref rate version. While this resolution will be a pain to drive at 60fps, it would be a great boon for something like mobas played at 16:9 res with black bars on the sides (cant imagine playing something like this on the fullscreen)

LG's 34UC87 also has an adjustable stand, but I don't think it is available in many places...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/212052-lg-34uc87-another-lg-34-219-curve-monitor-with-a-different-monitor-stand/

Really hate these sort of arguments - "but you couldnt drive crysis99 on max on it anyway"

Really - its none of your or anyone elses business what and on what settings i will be playing on it.

Now wake me up when we have 144hz 3440x1440...  

or better yet 5120x2160 @ 144hz. And again, its noones fucking business what or how ill be playing on it.

If its ends up being at least 75hz and under 1.6k I'll buy it.