Experiences with non-techies

MUST. REVIVE. THREAD.

Thanks for reminding me of this thread...

I just completed a cleanup and optimization op for a client's notebook... Who the flying faq uses SpeedupMyPC?? There are also tons of crapware and a few viruses on that thing and it's barely a month old...  I returned it afterwards, then he asked why the video app on the win8 tablet that he had won't work... Got VLC player for him but he almost clicked an ad for some shady software... Oh man...

Stories will be posted as they come. This tread is far from death and I'm rather enjoying having less then 10 notifications per day for a little while.

IT WAS ON THE SECOND PAGE!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

That is my new favorite scared reaction gif

lol.  

mine don't, at least, it they do, they hide all the evidence.

do you have fibre or dsl?

dsl.  

think this will ever reach 1k posts on this thread?

THIS THREAD WILL NEVER DIE!!!

2hgv2g5.jpg

Get on my download speed (ignore the ping and upload)

How much do you pay for your net?

Stories will be posted as they come. This tread is far from death and I'm rather enjoying having less then 10 notifications per day for a little while.

Have you considered setting it up to receive notifications daily as opposed to instantly?

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Bitch please :D, my download is around 155 down and 9 up with 8 ping. 

-snip-

Wow, cracking out the quantum entangling on that shiz?

Wow, cracking out the quantum entangling on that shiz?

I don't think that's Quantum.  I hope Quantum is millenniums faster. 

I don't think that's Quantum.  I hope Quantum is millenniums faster. 

Surely if it's quantum then the data will simultaneously be both on everyone's computers as well as nowhere, and it would simply depend on what state the qubit was when observed........If it's not there, then simply observe another one :P

Surely if it's quantum then the data will simultaneously be both on everyone's computers as well as nowhere, and it would simply depend on what state the qubit was when observed........If it's not there, then simply observe another one :P

:blink:

c5cbbcab80.jpg

Posted Image
Did I just break everyone on the entire internet?? Sorry about that! ;)

It is Like Talking to a Wall

I think most people's brain's explode at the part where the info is both everywhere and nowhere. lol

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I think most people's brain's explode at the part where the info is both everywhere and nowhere. lol

I was fine until 'qubit' which I have no idea on what it is...

You broke the internet that you just described

My mom used a music streaming service on her phone. When we got the bill, the mobile data usage was waaaaay higher than it should be and we had to pay for the extra mb. So I asked her about the streaming service. Turned out she was using YouTube with HD turned on.....

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

My mom used a music streaming service on her phone. When we got the bill, the mobile data usage was waaaaay higher than it should be and we had to pay for the extra mb. So I asked her about the streaming service. Turned out she was using YouTube with HD turned on.....

well done to your mum. did you change to another streaming service of did you just turn down the quality?

My cousin and I were replacing ram and upgrading him to an SSD in his MacBook a while back. While I was transferring his files from his hard drive to the SSD, he took out the battery and and washed it in his sink "because it was dusty"... Had a long talk with him on why he can't do that.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

These are great people, the best type of non-techies.

I guess that I'm lucky that my friends know the meaning of the word 'overclocking'. However, they don't know that only K-series processors can be overclocked.

Not true, i overclocked my 4460 to 4 GHZ with the gigabyte oc function

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

I guess that I'm lucky that my friends know the meaning of the word 'overclocking'. However, they don't know that only K-series processors can be overclocked.

You probably just increased the turbo frequency, which you can do pretty easily

Life.exe is missing

I meant multiplier overclocking. Bclk overclocking is more advanced, and I guess you're lucky that you can increase yours that high.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

well done to your mum. did you change to another streaming service of did you just turn down the quality?

I made spotify account for her, she couldnt get used to it tho, so I replaced the icon with Youtube one, and placed it in youtubes place on the homescreen. "Youtube got a Music update mom!"

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14