GeForce GTX 980 Ti Launches After Summer

TwistedDictator

Okay, so the gossip factor is high on this one, but definitely a card that you guys seem interested in. The GeForce GTX 980 Ti we mentioned last week would now launch after the Summer ..

At least that's what SweClockers claims, and yes .. they do not disclose a source for this as ide from some forum posts somewhere. The GTX 980 Ti is rumored to get 3072 Shader Cores and 6GB of GDDR5. If true then this would be an awesome release. 6GB (384-bit) is plenty enough and the GPU more than fast enough. There is one more speculation, the card would be FASTER clocked compared to the Titan X, by 10%.

So if AMD releases something upcoming summer, they know what they can expect from Nvidia. Btw being a non Titan model, board partners should be able to com up with their own designs and factory overclocks as well.

Source

Do I need to say more? I hope it isnt priced to high . Comes with 6GB VRAM but maybe 4.5 only utilized

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Probably April fools .

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Im sure it will be

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

if that's true it's got about the same cudas as a titanX

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

edit

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i don't care who says there will be one, there won't because all the cores on the 980 are unlocked it will most likely be a 1080 or what ever that call the next x80/xx80 card

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Source

Do I need to say more? I hope it isnt priced to high . Comes with 6GB VRAM but maybe 4.5 only utilized

Brilliant, MSI has no reason not to give us the GTX 980 Ti Lightning since they were waiting for the Big Maxwell.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

i don't care who says there will be one, there won't because all the cores on the 980 are unlocked it will most likely be a 1080 or what ever that call the next x80/xx80 card

I don't see why they wouldn't be one, they will release a GTX 980 Ti eventually with the GM200 GPU.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I don't see why they wouldn't be one, they will release a GTX 980 Ti eventually with the GM200 GPU.

not unless they lied about all the cores being unlocked

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

not unless they lied about all the cores being unlocked

If/when the GTX 980 Ti is released it won't use the GM204, it would be poinless because how could they improve on it, even if it was binned higher and could OC a little further it wouldn't make much difference. It will have the GM200 with dumbed down FP64 and maybe some SMM's disabled.

If/when the GTX 980 Ti is released it won't use the GM204, it would be poinless because how could they improve on it, even if it was binned higher and could OC a little further it wouldn't make much difference. It will have the GM200 with dumbed down FP64 and maybe some SMM's disabled.

a Ti version of any card can only happen if there are locked cores on the gpu and if it is not on GM204 (which i'm guessing is what the chip is called) it will not be a 980 Ti it will be a completely different card

Spoiler

Source

April fools.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I still don't believe there is a place for this in the market.

a Ti version of any card can only happen if there are locked cores on the gpu and if it is not on GM204 (which i'm guessing is what the chip is called) it will not be a 980 Ti it will be a completely different card

Nothing stops them from using the same naming scheme. It's still maxwell architecture. The 970/980 are based off of gm204 with 980 being the full chip. Gm200, the one the titan x is made with, is getting a new marked down version of that, not a better gm204. They could name it 990, 980ti, or whatever. Marketing is marketing.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I still don't believe there is a place for this in the market.

Sure there is, people who need a better card than a 980 but don't want to spend $500 more for the only card that is better.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

The idea that the "Ti" cards are further unlocked versions of a card is simply not true.

GTX 650 = fully unlocked GK107

GTX 650 Ti = locked down GK106

GTX 660 = fully unlocked GK106

GTX 660 Ti = locked down GK104

GTX 670 = less locked down GK104

GTX 680 = fully unlocked GK104

They can just make a 6gb variant of the Titan X without the Titan name and charge like $200 less for it.

People will still buy both cards.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

They can just make a 6gb variant of the Titan X without the Titan name and charge like $200 less for it.

People will still buy both cards.

Most of the time they would make it slightly less better then a titan X. They would most likely give the ti series a big performance difference from non-ti card. Most likely this would be competing agaist amd 3xx series.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

The idea that the "Ti" cards are further unlocked versions of a card is simply not true.

GTX 650 = fully unlocked GK107

GTX 650 Ti = locked down GK106

GTX 660 = fully unlocked GK106

GTX 660 Ti = locked down GK104

GTX 670 = less locked down GK104

GTX 680 = fully unlocked GK104

interesting, thanks for that

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Most of the time they would make it slightly less better then a titan X. They would most likely give the ti series a big performance difference from non-ti card. Most likely this would be competing agaist amd 3xx series.

Making it have 6 instead of 12gb would most likely be enough to sway people to the ti over the Titan x, and people thinking they needed a Titan x would still for sure buy it imo.

Not to mention they could just lower clock speed a tiny bit just so benchmarks show it being slower by a tiny bit.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089