GTX 970 Owners Club

I got a Gigabyte G1 Gaming, runs +179 on core + 253 on mem currently, haven't tried any higher yet though.

PC Specs:
Mid-2017 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/RP560) | Mid-2014 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/GT750M) | Media/Gaming PC (Specs in Profile)

Audio Specs:
Shure SE846 |AKG N40 |Sennheiser IE80 |Sennheiser HD598 |Fiio E18 

These are g1.

He's looking into making bios for different brands of 970s, there is a spot for strix in the first post as well as some AMP bios for the EXTREME CORE edition. He just needs the original BIOS that is shipped inside the card

Also thats a pretty decent OC @SympathyRS, do you know what brand memory you have Hynix or maybe Samsung?

He's looking into making bios for different brands of 970s, there is a spot for strix in the first post as well as some AMP bios for the EXTREME CORE edition. He just needs the original BIOS that is shipped inside the card

Also thats a pretty decent OC @SympathyRS, do you know what brand memory you have Hynix or maybe Samsung?

I guess I was pretty lucky, though how would I check the brand memory?

PC Specs:
Mid-2017 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/RP560) | Mid-2014 Apple 15" MacBook Pro (i7/16GB/GT750M) | Media/Gaming PC (Specs in Profile)

Audio Specs:

Hi @Gofspar,

I´ve been reading today the thread and I have a couple of questions.

I have a samsumg GTX 970 G1. I´ve already tweak my BIOS a bit to up the max TDP to 120%, This is my BIOS https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8f9vZRKq8z0R0RUS0R2OW9CWms/view?usp=sharing .

After reading the threat I dont quite get if I can just flash your 1.3 rom or not? I´ve compared my rom and yours to see the difference, and I´ve seen them ;). But I dont want to flash my BIOS before talking to you. Heres a copy of my card seen by GPU-Z

post-120495-0-01158300-1428677750.png

Another thing, right now I´m using an HDMI cable to connect my PC to the screen, when I flash my card should I use the DVI or HDMI?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Dani

Download GPUZ  http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/SysInfo/GPU-Z/

when you open it look @ 31c61eb1d52619932b2b78c10c68523f.png

Thanks for the help, didn't notice I could check it there.  

It turns out my memory is produced by Samsung @gagiman

PC Specs:

Audio Specs:

Hi @Gofspar,

I´ve been reading today the thread and I have a couple of questions.

I have a samsumg GTX 970 G1. I´ve already tweak my BIOS a bit to up the max TDP to 120%, This is my BIOS https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8f9vZRKq8z0R0RUS0R2OW9CWms/view?usp=sharing .

After reading the threat I dont quite get if I can just flash your 1.3 rom or not? I´ve compared my rom and yours to see the difference, and I´ve seen them ;). But I dont want to flash my BIOS before talking to you. Heres a copy of my card seen by GPU-Z

attachicon.gifGPU-Z GTX 970.PNG

Another thing, right now I´m using an HDMI cable to connect my PC to the screen, when I flash my card should I use the DVI or HDMI?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Dani

I've never used HDMI since it doesn't support the refresh rate of my monitor, my guess is that it will work fine sine I use DVI-D which is digital aswell.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I went from a 640 (In my AIO Lenovo) to a 970. Best change ever.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz --- RAM: Lenovo 1600MHz 16GB --- MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-G7 --- GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0+--- PSU: Corsair CX600 --- Case: Corsair Air 540 --- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 --- OS: Windows 8.1 --- Monitor: 24" AOC G2460P + Dell 19" --- Mouse: Logitech MX Perfromance --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Brown) --- Audio: Sennheiser HD558

Don't buy a GTX 980, it's overpriced! Buy 2 GTX 970s or 2 R9 290s intstead (the R9 290s would even be cheaper)

I went from a 640 (In my AIO Lenovo) to a 970. Best change ever.

I went from gtx 660m to gtx 970sli. So not the best. ;D

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

Power is fine, not planning on OCin' my card however that stupid LED is making me regret my choice.

Dude just place a smidge of electrical tape over it or dab it with a sharpy. Is it really that annoying?

Handing out TechRx's

I've never used HDMI since it doesn't support the refresh rate of my monitor, my guess is that it will work fine sine I use DVI-D which is digital aswell.

Should I just flash my card with your 1.3rom for the G1? @Gofspar

I went from gtx 660m to gtx 970sli. So not the best. ;D

That's alright, but the GTX 640 isn't an official card of Nvidia tho  :P . There is a GT 640 but not a GTX.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7GHz --- RAM: Lenovo 1600MHz 16GB --- MOBO: Gigabyte Z97-G7 --- GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0+--- PSU: Corsair CX600 --- Case: Corsair Air 540 --- Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 --- OS: Windows 8.1 --- Monitor: 24" AOC G2460P + Dell 19" --- Mouse: Logitech MX Perfromance --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Brown) --- Audio: Sennheiser HD558

Don't buy a GTX 980, it's overpriced! Buy 2 GTX 970s or 2 R9 290s intstead (the R9 290s would even be cheaper)

Where the hell is the evga 970???

You wana be the first one to test it?

The Power LED on my ASUS Strix 970 is a pain in the ASS! Looks like a freakin light house, worst part is, can't turn the damn thing off cause its a power LED. So YAY I plugged my 8-pin Power connector in properly, Congratulations for me! Now to be annoyed endlessly by this stupid little LED.

Paint it black. Problem Solved.

Ive install your 1.262v BIOS Mod and its amazing @Gofspar. Untill now I´ve runned BF4(b4 I couldnt OC) & TR at +150MHz GPU & +700MHz on memory. Thanks for making it!

Ive install your 1.262v BIOS Mod and its amazing @Gofspar. Untill now I´ve runned BF4(b4 I couldnt OC) & TR at +150MHz GPU & +700MHz on memory. Thanks for making it!

That's wierd whats the model make of your G1 Gaming?

I think one of my cards is holding me back.

I have a pair of EVGA SSC ACX 2.0 + (the newest model) and I can easily get core to +125 but then any higher and it crashes the graphics driver under only a few seconds of load.  Increasing voltage doesn't seem to help at all either.  Oh well I suppose +125 is not bad.

The reason I suspect only one card though is that one has an ASIC quality of 71 and the other only 58.

Side note: SLI really heats up the top card.  Bottom card runs at 78C under full load but the top card runs 89-90C

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

I'm getting my new computer build soon and I'm not sure if I should get the 

Asus Strix GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 (439$ Canadian) or EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 SSC ACX Cooler 2.0 (459$ Canadian) 

Thanks for the help!

I think one of my cards is holding me back.

I have a pair of EVGA SSC ACX 2.0 + (the newest model) and I can easily get core to +125 but then any higher and it crashes the graphics driver under only a few seconds of load.  Increasing voltage doesn't seem to help at all either.  Oh well I suppose +125 is not bad.

The reason I suspect only one card though is that one has an ASIC quality of 71 and the other only 58.

Side note: SLI really heats up the top card.  Bottom card runs at 78C under full load but the top card runs 89-90C

Holy shit, 58 ASIC? wow thats terrible. Honestly RMA worthy

I'm getting my new computer build soon and I'm not sure if I should get the 

Asus Strix GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 (439$ Canadian) or EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 SSC ACX Cooler 2.0 (459$ Canadian) 

Thanks for the help!

STRIX tbh, wont be doing much overclocking though.

Holy shit, 58 ASIC? wow thats terrible. Honestly RMA worthy

Do you think they would actually RMA just for that?  Otherwise it works fine.  I do have two obviously so I could go for a bit without one.  Not sure if it is worth the hassle though.

Fractal Design Define R5 | i7-4790k | Corsair H80 | Asus Z97-Pro WiFi | 2 x EVGA GTX 970 SSC+ | 16GB G.Skill Sniper@1866MHz | Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB | 1TB + 750GB drives | EVGA 750W G2 | 27" BenQ IPS 1440p@60Hz | Windows 10

Do you think they would actually RMA just for that?  Otherwise it works fine.  I do have two obviously so I could go for a bit without one.  Not sure if it is worth the hassle though.

It would drive me crazy if I had a asic that low.

I'd break it then RMA it

STRIX tbh, wont be doing much overclocking though.

Why I can't overclock it? If i look at the boost speed the EVGA is better, that's why i tough the EVGA was better.