GTX 970 Owners Club

So this is what I get in valley, any ideas what to change? lower the voltage or push further?

post-53410-0-87703600-1430657779.jpg

post-53410-0-29054800-1430658292.gif

So this is what I get in valley, any ideas what to change? lower the voltage or push further?

Push further.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

max voltage on stock bios is pretty damn safe so just push it until its unstable

Where did my BIOSes go :(

Since the card is TDP locked and is ganked from voltage I removed them, no point in modding that card it seems.

I have the MSI 970 Gaming 4G and was wondering if i could flash a custom BIOS. I read through the whole topic, and saw that the BIOS flashing tutorial video had MSI BIOSes shown.

Does "Since the card is TDP locked and is ganked from voltage I removed them, no point in modding that card it seems."- @Gofspar mean that it would be useless to flash a BIOS for my card, and you don't plan to make them? I looked through comments, and I think these are referring to the card I have.

I don't do signatures.

I have the MSI 970 Gaming 4G and was wondering if i could flash a custom BIOS. I read through the whole topic, and saw that the BIOS flashing tutorial video had MSI BIOSes shown.

Does "Since the card is TDP locked and is ganked from voltage I removed them, no point in modding that card it seems." - @Gofspar mean that it would be useless to flash a BIOS for my card, and you don't plan to make them? I looked through comments, and I think these are referring to the card I have.

I flashed 1.262v to my card as TDP comes down on you quick and 1.262v is a little higher than software.

1.3v is too high but the one between 1.262v and 1.3v you could experiment with :)

I flashed 1.262v to my card as TDP comes down on you quick and 1.262v is a little higher than software.

1.3v is too high but the one between 1.262v and 1.3v you could experiment with :)

Sounds too good to be true! :D I keep hitting the power limit according to Afterburner. Is it possible to post a link to the BIOS in question?

Also, I noticed the Hynix vs Samsung thing going on, and was wondering if my Elpida (it's what GPU-Z says!) memory would change anything up. It's OCd with +380 (7772 MHz).

I don't do signatures.

have any of u guys heard of shunt resistor shorting on maxwell cards?

what improvements should i expect in gta 5 if i overclock my gtx 970

have any of u guys heard of shunt resistor shorting on maxwell cards?

Yes, not sure what to think of it though. It'd definitely ruin any warranty.

I don't do signatures.

Yes, not sure what to think of it though. It'd definitely ruin any warranty.

If those resistors are shorted using coollaboratory liquid, then it`s possible to leave no trace.IMG_6754.jpg

Left resistor had collabratory liquid on it, and right resistor didn`t have anything.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb

what improvements should i expect in gta 5 if i overclock my gtx 970

Well, I get +10 fps.

EDIT. So should I go for more core or memory clock?

Well, I get +10 fps.

EDIT. So should I go for more core or memory clock?

Go for core.

Yeah overclock the shit out of it

You said that a good ASIC score is between 65-72 if I have 64.6 should I keep the card? How should I choose between which BIOS between the 3 of the G1 Gaming?

I just tried precision x (was using afterburner 4.1.0 ) and artifacting was gone when OC`ing core to 1600Mhz. What is this witchcraft ?

I just tried precision x (was using afterburner 4.1.0 ) and artifacting was gone when OC`ing core to 1600Mhz. What is this witchcraft ?

most cards cant do 1600mhz, lol.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

You said that a good ASIC score is between 65-72 if I have 64.6 should I keep the card? How should I choose between which BIOS between the 3 of the G1 Gaming?

1.3v because a lower asic is a leakier card, but with a leaky card you get more overhead.

My card (970 msi gaming 4g) managed 1524/1978 with only +40mv added lol. I can push it to 1554 but what's the point xD this Card is the bomb yo

1.3v because a lower asic is a leakier card, but with a leaky card you get more overhead.

Is there a place where you would start in the core clock, memory clock, core voltage and I guess the power limit I put it to 110%? The temp limit I should leave it to 70c?

My card (970 msi gaming 4g) managed 1524/1978 with only +40mv added lol. I can push it to 1554 but what's the point xD this Card is the bomb yo

Is that 1524 max boost clock achieved or 1524 set in what ever oc program u used?

as of 2 min ago am a proud owner of 2x msi gtx 970 time to kick some games butt till my predator arrive (which could take 3 days to 1 month according to amazon)

If those resistors are shorted using coollaboratory liquid, then it`s possible to leave no trace.

Do you know if shorting them raise the power limit on the card along with the amount of voltage possible or would I still need a custom BIOS to do that? My card (GTX 970 GAMING 4G)  is constantly hitting the power limit according to Afterburner. Found a guide on it that i'll follow if you say it'll work in raising the limit. http://overclocking.guide/increase-the-nvidia-power-limit-all-cards/ I would at least like to raise the power limit though, it's really giving me problems.

Do you mind giving some advice, @Gofspar ? You seem to be the expert to talk to about these matters.

I don't do signatures.

Do you know if shorting them raise the power limit on the card along with the amount of voltage possible or would I still need a custom BIOS to do that? My card (GTX 970 GAMING 4G)  is constantly hitting the power limit according to Afterburner. Found a guide on it that i'll follow if you say it'll work in raising the limit. http://overclocking.guide/increase-the-nvidia-power-limit-all-cards/ I would at least like to raise the power limit though, it's really giving me problems.

Do you mind giving some advice, @Gofspar ? You seem to be the expert to talk to about these matters.

With that mod you won`t hit power limit. This mod basically tricks sensors.

Is there a place where you would start in the core clock, memory clock, core voltage and I guess the power limit I put it to 110%? The temp limit I should leave it to 70c?fl

nope, send me your bios and ill make you a 1.3v bios and then walk you through it

most cards cant do 1600mhz, lol.

But it`s interesting that with precision x my GPU doesn`t have artifacts at 1600Mhz.