GTX 970 Owners Club

funny i have the msi gtx970  4g but only stable and overclock-able using asus tweak msi afterburner keep crashing me

Hey, I have a Strix too at about your settings and I'm wondering if you're able to increase your voltage because mine won't let me.

I use stock voltage. But to be able to change voltage and oc higher then asus gpu tweak limits you at first you have to go into settings and unlock the core voltage and unlock the clock speed. I think it limited me to 1400 mhz at first so I had to go into the settings and unlock everything
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

funny i have the msi gtx970 4g but only stable and overclock-able using asus tweak msi afterburner keep crashing me

lol. I find gpu tweak just to be simpler for me. and I'm curious what kind of memory do you hav, hynix or samsung ? And if hynix what oc on the memory did you get ? My friends msi 970 in hynix memory cant even oc the memory 5mhz
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

so your running at 1600 mhz, well then im about 40-50 mhz off of you, thats not bad for a strix

You need to beat my memory clock, also I live in Arizona so I was hitting around 76c that run, If I had water I'd be 1625+

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

oh and btw, for those who play bf4 with a 970, what settings and what fps do u guys usually get?

Ultra everything 2x msaa post aa off and %125 resolution scaling, looks the best

hi, I just got my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G. How far can I overclock this baby without messing with the voltage?

oh and btw, for those who play bf4 with a 970, what settings and what fps do u guys usually get?

Ultra 4xMSAA, I get 80 - 140 fps

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

hi, I just got my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G. How far can I overclock this baby without messing with the voltage?

Depends for each GPU individually.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb

Gofspar, is it safe to add more voltage ( in afterburner) with 1.3v bios?

Gofspar, is it safe to add more voltage ( in afterburner) with 1.3v bios?

It doesn't do anything since the voltage controller can only physically do 1.3v

It doesn't do anything since the voltage controller can only physically do 1.3v

Thanks.

Depends for each GPU individually.

ok then. what's the "safe moderate overclock"?

ok then. what's the "safe moderate overclock"?

everything is safe, mhz doesn't matter. Voltage is the dangerous part, but these cards are locked to 1.3v and 1.5v is the danger zone.

lol. I find gpu tweak just to be simpler for me. and I'm curious what kind of memory do you hav, hynix or samsung ? And if hynix what oc on the memory did you get ? My friends msi 970 in hynix memory cant even oc the memory 5mhz747

i have Samsung, kind forgot had to reopen the case and check lol. The stable now is 1466 for gpu in game offset 137 and 7470 memory any more and i get blue screen directly .

another one coming by amazon us (this one was local) lets see.

going to try again today you got me pumped guys lol will let you know when im done

Edited by xgamex

I use stock voltage. But to be able to change voltage and oc higher then asus gpu tweak limits you at first you have to go into settings and unlock the core voltage and unlock the clock speed. I think it limited me to 1400 mhz at first so I had to go into the settings and unlock everything

no no, I know about the advanced settings and I use them but I mean, my voltage refuses to increase when I change them, even with afterburner

Ultra everything 2x msaa post aa off and %125 resolution scaling, looks the best

wow, i just got home and plugged in ur settings, i used to play on high with high aa post no msaa, and im getting like avg 15-20 more fps, looks better too, ur settings are magic, only using 100% scaling tho

ok, nvm i got a directx error for the first time and the game crashed...

Edited by T1GERTEA

i have Samsung, kind forgot had to reopen the case and check lol. The stable now is 1466 for gpu in game offset 137 and 7470 memory any more and i get blue screen directly .

another one coming by amazon us (this one was local) lets see.

going to try again today you got me pumped guys lol will let you know when im done

you can just check your memory in gpu-z, i get 1470 on core and it boosts to 1545-50 and i get 7800 mhz on my memory and i havent tried going higher yet but im sure i can push it a bit more

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

HEY GUYS    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 BIOS ...   IS  THERE ONE COMING.

HEY GUYS    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 BIOS ...   IS  THERE ONE COMING.

I need someone to test with me.

wow, i just got home and plugged in ur settings, i used to play on high with high aa post no msaa, and im getting like avg 15-20 more fps, looks better too, ur settings are magic, only using 100% scaling tho

ok, nvm i got a directx error for the first time and the game crashed...

Thats due to a OC not being stable, game settings wont cause a crash.

Thats due to a OC not being stable, game settings wont cause a crash.

weird, i got that error once, and then i never got it again, played for like 3 hours after i got that error, but i did notice my oc was difference when it crashed, changed it back and everything was fine again.

Can I have a good overclock on my G1 Gaming even if I have the Hynix memory?

everything is safe, mhz doesn't matter. Voltage is the dangerous part, but these cards are locked to 1.3v and 1.5v is the danger zone.

I had a question for you about my G1 Gaming GTX 970, I have the Hynix Memory, is it still ok to overclock it? I didn't know how to tag you in a post so that's why I asked the question twice.

I had a question for you about my G1 Gaming GTX 970, I have the Hynix Memory, is it still ok to overclock it? I didn't know how to tag you in a post so that's why I asked the question twice.

Yeah overclock the shit out of it

Yeah overclock the shit out of it

I tough they are not that great, like i read on the first couple pages of this thread. Just checked my ASIC score and i have 64.6 with stock BIOS.