Arashikage - All White Build - Main Build Done!!!!

This is going to be a beautiful rig.  Great job so far!

Thanks! Prepping some updates today. Pretty much everything for the main build is in!

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

4z5gN30.png

Very Pleased to have Avexir as a sponsor for this build! They've provided a kit of their 16GB (4 x 4GB) Series Sabranco DDR3 RAM (1600MHz CL11)! This is some pretty unique RAM aimed at modders and overclockers. It's of course white and has a custom color scheme to match almost perfectly with my Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark S Motherboard (Pics - Video Review). They also make heat spreaders that match several other high-end motherboards such as the MPower series from MSI. Go check them out!

These dimms actually have build in LEDs running along the top which turn on in a special breathing pattern to show RAM activity I'll definitely be getting some HQ pics and video of that so stay tuned!

4tHfcMo.png

dRS8OMc.png

zlf895C.png

vOXX2GF.png

lW5rObu.png

mzdmLCn.png

gc9Oxq2.png

48u6I1f.png

Edited by Srgnt_Ballistic
removed excessive pics

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

That RAM looks so sexy. Can't wait to see some more pictures. :) 

You should get Noiseblockers as your case fans

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

Welcome to the enermax white cluster gang although this gang is like a 5 people gang. I seriously never see anyone pick those. The only thing I dont like is the noise of the fan even at the lowest speed which is like 750-800 rpm( at least for the version I have)

This ram looks sick also. The leds look weird but lets see what is looks like when its all lit up

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Welcome to the enermax white cluster gang although this gang is like a 5 people gang. I seriously never see anyone pick those. The only thing I dont like is the noise of the fan even at the lowest speed which is like 750-800 rpm( at least for the version I have)

This ram looks sick also. The leds look weird but lets see what is looks like when its all lit up

I'd heard some pretty good things about the ETS-T40. Seen ppl putting it right up there with the CM Hyper 212.

Def have some updates to show off the LEDS!

4z5gN30.png

The first of my 2 240GB Intel 730 SSDs came in. Never used an Intel drive before. I know they make all of their on stuff and I've heard good things about their controllers. Figured I'd try them out as they'll look ok in my build even before I paint them.

Second should be here before the end of the week.

TTAKTUl.png

9oN8XGg.png

BDmrZxq.png

VQ828zt.png

p1c4wfF.png

RRmnDN0.png

1yOq0o4.png

I'd heard some pretty good things about the ETS-T40. Seen ppl putting it right up there with the CM Hyper 212.

Def have some updates to show off the LEDS!

Its technically superior to the hyper 212 due to larger heatsink and fan is also better but it is also quite more expensive than the other one

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

4z5gN30.png

So here is the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 FTW. Pretty killer graphics card. Really love the LED lights. Other than that it's not that big of a departure from the previous ACX heat shroud/cooler design, visually at least.

One pretty disappointing feature it's missing is a backlpate. This is a pretty high end card considering the reference card had one I think anyone charging more than the reference should include one.

That said the Titan X didn't have a backplate so it might have just be in flash in the pan.

And now for some pics!

2QX5uJM.png

MYWod0R.png

syq7Zzo.png

frJvk7d.png

fg1z9wx.png

dfKm28r.png

8DiIqPr.png

P3nBrGY.png

4z5gN30.png

So here is the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 FTW. Pretty killer graphics card. Really love the LED lights. Other than that it's not that big of a departure from the previous ACX heat shroud/cooler design, visually at least.

One pretty disappointing feature it's missing is a backlpate. This is a pretty high end card considering the reference card had one I think anyone charging more than the reference should include one.

That said the Titan X didn't have a backplate so it might have just be in flash in the pan.

And now for some pics!

2QX5uJM.png

MYWod0R.png

syq7Zzo.png

frJvk7d.png

fg1z9wx.png

dfKm28r.png

8DiIqPr.png

P3nBrGY.png

Look at that sexy card. :) 

I foresee plasti-dip in the future. At least that is what I would do to make this card essentially a "White out" edition card.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

I foresee plasti-dip in the future. At least that is what I would do to make this card essentially a "White out" edition card.

Hahaha yeah tell me about it! You might be right!

4z5gN30.png

So here's the backplate I picked up for the EVGA GeForce GTX 980. I'm still disappointed it didn't come with a backplate but I'm happy with the way it will end up looking.

Think I'll probably be painting it to help it fit into the white them better.

I did a dry fit with the gpu. Just placed it on top It looks pretty dam sexy!

0BazhqP.png

hz4OdnB.png

DFC4wRz.png

1tqDU69.png

TK46YY7.png

bDekOYL.png

3FoKQZF.png

EFxUI3p.png

tWiVfYC.png

1CZhztt.png

sNAE2XR.png

Fe1IFDp.png

KUys4t1.png

aD1bm2R.png

that backplate looks pretty sweet

Yeah man. Every card over $400 should have a backplate from now on! Just tack on $15 to MSRP and call it a day lol

so far so good

Thanks. Editing more video and pics right now actually

Everything looking great!  I completely agree, all top end graphics cards should have back plates... and attractive ones at that.  Also, RAM should come in a multitude of colors to match color schemes, and so should mobo's.  More specifically - you pick the brand you want, followed by the model, then the color of that model.  It just makes sense!

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

Everything looking great!  I completely agree, all top end graphics cards should have back plates... and attractive ones at that.  Also, RAM should come in a multitude of colors to match color schemes, and so should mobo's.  More specifically - you pick the brand you want, followed by the model, then the color of that model.  It just makes sense!

Yeah I'd love that! It'd be like Motorola's Moto Maker for your PC! lol

Avexir does make their core series to match several popular motherboard color schemes which is kinda cool. But yeah if the flexibility you mentioned was possible we'd see some pretty dope builds from like everyone lol

4z5gN30.png

IT'S BUILD TIME!

Well just a test build outside the case and Power On Self Test check. I pulled out my trusty testbench (AKA the motherboard box). And assembled the Motherboard, CPU, PSU GPU, and stock cooler.

Everything worked fine out of the box which is always a great feeling. I photographed and took video of everything so I'll be starting my build Video Log soon. Check it out on youtube.com/c/SrgntBallistic.

But here's some of the pics I took of the process.  The EVGA GTX 980 FTW has led lighting which looks great but I think the highlight is the Avexir Core Series DDR3 RAM kit which are LED lit and look pretty sick!

J7M1T7M.png

muAzkig.png

kxfMYGh.png

n4QWbED.png

VqNtwzZ.png

The "Open Air Test Bench"

SeEbplf.png

m6BFko1.png

KI49jZr.png

ASjbC3F.png

fGO6nfB.png

UcsSNDJ.png

49RnkQt.png

JWcLSc9.png

6tDRD9p.png

ozeyxWB.png

So the plan is to do some basic benchmarks/stress tests with the stock cooler, then pop on the Enermax ETS-T40 White cluster and compare temperatures to see how much better it performs.

I still have new PC builders asking why and if they "have" to buy an after market cooler for X cpu/case. Just want to show them a practical example so they can form opinions for themselves as to whether $40 for an air cooler or $100+ for some AIO coolers is necessary for what they'll be doing.

I'll try to get the stock cooler benchmarks up soon!

*Updated original post with parts status, table of contents and a most recent update link to hopefully make it easier to navigate!

Thanks to those that are following!

Question do you guys prefer spoiler dropdowns or just having the pics in the post?

Main reason I've seen ppl preferring spoilers is to make sure ppl don't quote whole posts with pics. Thoughts?

4z5gN30.png

Here's a more in depth look at the Avexir Core Series LED lit RAM Kit.

Here's a more in depth look at the Avexir Core Series LED lit RAM Kit.

are you going to try and tighten the timings on that ram at all as c11 is really loose for 1600mhz and you are only running it in dual channel. i think you should be able to get 1866 cl10 out of it at 1.65v, but you would have to play around with it a bit. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Very nice

Thanks Burner

are you going to try and tighten the timings on that ram at all as c11 is really loose for 1600mhz and you are only running it in dual channel. i think you should be able to get 1866 cl10 out of it at 1.65v, but you would have to play around with it a bit. 

I honestly haven't OC memory in years. Especially with all of my AMD builds I just never saw the performance gains. Might give it a shot just for experimentation purposes. I'd be more motivated if this was say an editing machine.

Oh man i love the music to this video :D whats it called? and the build is hella awsome

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Oh man i love the music to this video :D whats it called? and the build is hella awsome

Thanks. Song is: СЧБОΓG ΣΘΣ - GHOSTLY DASHING SLICE

https://soundcloud.com/cyborg303/ghostly-dashing-slice-lo-fi

https://cyborg303.bandcamp.com/

He's got some really cool stuff. I've bought just about all his abums on bandcamp

Thanks. Song is: СЧБОΓG ΣΘΣ - GHOSTLY DASHING SLICE

https://soundcloud.com/cyborg303/ghostly-dashing-slice-lo-fi

https://cyborg303.bandcamp.com/

He's got some really cool stuff. I've bought just about all his abums on bandcamp

ok gonna check it out

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]