Arashikage - All White Build - Main Build Done!!!!

God that ram / motherboard combo is so sexy. Can't wait to see this inside the case.

Thanks. They'll definitely be an update this week. I've been slacking...

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

That looks freaking nice. I am planning a white build aswell. Jusg need to find a good case to watercool

Fractal Design Define S is tuned to house water cooling rigs while keeping a relatively small form factor. If you really want big check out the Phanteks Entho series.

FX-8350 | Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 | 16 GB (2x8 1600Mhz) Corsair Vengeance | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC Dual | Corsair Vengeance C70 | 120GB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB WD Black | Corsair AX860i | 2x BenQ XL2420TE | Corsair H110 | Logitech G15 | Logitech G500 | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Windows 8.1

4z5gN30.png

Here's my in depth review of the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 FTW Card. I know it's not the HOF. Pricing and Availability have been horrible in the US. Maybe they'll see my email and love my build and decide to send 2 out :D

But probably not.

**Edit OP - added Build Parts Overview, updated most recent update post. Video of the first boot test/timelapse soon!

Love the build Sgt. I finally built mine, ended up going with a black R5 as I couldn't get the white one.  The white one I had ordered from Tigerdirect (bad mistake) did not ever get shipped, they said "oh we're trying to get a-hold of the manuf. but we  haven't yet" So I canceled the order and got an R5 Black Window from Newegg :/  But nonetheless, it turned out great.  I took pictures along the way and am going to be making my build log on here probably tonight. Thanks for the encouragement!

This is beyond beautiful!

NZXT H440   //   MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC   //   i5 4670K   //   MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB   //   HyperX Beast 8GB 2400mhz   //   OCZ Agility

4z5gN30.png

On 5/14/2015 at 4:08 PM, FrozenCore said:

Love the build Sgt. I finally built mine, ended up going with a black R5 as I couldn't get the white one.  The white one I had ordered from Tigerdirect (bad mistake) did not ever get shipped, they said "oh we're trying to get a-hold of the manuf. but we  haven't yet" So I canceled the order and got an R5 Black Window from Newegg :/  But nonetheless, it turned out great.  I took pictures along the way and am going to be making my build log on here probably tonight. Thanks for the encouragement!

Sorry you had so much trouble getting your hands on a white case. Did you think about painting it at all? Or is that just want too much effort for something you should be able to get. Looking forward to seeing some of the pics!

On 5/14/2015 at 4:27 PM, Magic Puffin said:

This is beyond beautiful!

Thanks man! Going to have an update with a video of the POST test later some baseline benchmarks and the final build in the case soon.

As a matter of fact here you go! The first Boot was successful and the Avexir Core Series LED Ram look great. Do does the LED on the EVGA GTX 980 FTW!

I ran some initial benchmarks just to make sure the temps were ok and everything was looking awesome!

1iBiaqm.png

J7M1T7M.png

muAzkig.png

n4QWbED.png

VqNtwzZ.png

KI49jZr.png

ASjbC3F.png

49RnkQt.png

6tDRD9p.png

ozeyxWB.png

Dat exclusive early release for Build Log subs. Thanks to everyone that's subbed and commented!

• 11 months later...

4z5gN30.png

Long overdue update! The build has come a long way. I have a ton of pics and video documenting it so here we go!

Second part of the build was getting the Enermax ETS-T40 White Cluster on and get all of the components into the case. The cooler wen't on pretty easily. I actually like they way they set it up more than other air coolers like the CM Hyper 212 Evo.

4II0eBe.jpg

Gq4Pc3r.jpg

DhJn3dn.jpg

NKopHti.jpg

oy3RXYl.jpg

i94BzKQ.jpg

BPG6O1d.jpg

42BHCh8.jpg

Building in this case is a pleasure as I mentioned in my review of the Fractal Design Define R5. The only problems I ran into were the size of the grommetted passthroughs up but the CPU. The only way to get large connectors like for the EPS is to remove the grommets pass the cable through it grommet then the pass through and finally refit the grommet. The other issue I had was that the Sabranco mobo has a right angle USB 3.0 connector to the right of the RAM. There's a recess that the motherboard tray sits in and because of this it's not easy to comfortably pass the stiff USB 3.0 cable through a pass-through. Instead I chose to just kind of pass it through the gap near the drive bays.

OR1EW5g.jpg

Sb1EWax.jpg

30O1Ri7.jpg

q6RRQnl.jpg

JrJXFKs.jpg

I love the way Fractal Mounts the SSDs on the back of the mobo tray it's almost a shame you can only see them nicely mounted there when the rear side-panel is off. Plenty of space for cable management back there as well!

s7B9n1i.jpg

cUeSmnr.jpg

Overall I'm really happy with the way the build has come together! It looks great and the white theme is really coming through via the chose of some awesome components and help from some great companies like Fractal Design and Avexir!

Next up we'll be doing some lighter mods before really cranking things up with a lot of painting and such. Let me know what you guys think would make this the Ultimate white build!

I like it.. But...

All that effort and no sleeved (or at least painted) cables? [edit: I read what you posted again, and realized you weren't stopping here... Or I think you're not?]

Also, idk, either paint the GPU black for a full contrast, or white if you go full on white, but don't leave it as is, the goldish color of the heatsink looks weird in comparison. Maybe make an acrylic front plate thing, and paint that (black or white)? Less effort and risk than painting the heatsink.

Same goes for the HDD/SDD. The cages contrast nicely, but the slotted drives seem off. Maybe just make a bigass acrylic plate to cover all the cages, paint it white and put (your) a logo on it or something?

Here's a mockup of what I mean:

Hx0ld52.jpg

Wjw0g5s.jpg

Edit2: actually since ur calling it the Arashikage, put its logo there instead of the SB logo. Maybe make some more references to the name...

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

4z5gN30.png

Got Mods? We do! Starting off fairly simple with some custom sleeved cables from Ensourced Customs along with replacement drive bays and pcie slot covers. But then ramping things up by custom painting the fans and GPU back plate.

What do you guys think?

LWBEOUT.jpg

iEpEHUa.jpg

sWummLn.jpg

2q3CKNN.jpg

LdDKa0s.jpg

g3VPqHR.jpg

fN4tJHG.jpg

s4ti90G.jpg

3 hours ago, Srgnt_Ballistic said:

4z5gN30.png

Got Mods? We do! Starting off fairly simple with some custom sleeved cables from Ensourced Customs along with replacement drive bays and pcie slot covers. But then ramping things up by custom painting the fans and GPU back plate.

What do you guys think?

Dude, it's like it's a whole other PC! Looks hella' better now!

MUwpP33.jpg

I suppose in retrospect the drive-cages don't matter that much, since they're not seen when the case is closed...

(also, with the PSU cables, there was supposed to be an "OR" between the sleeved cables and the L-shaped bracket)

About the PSU thing:

oT9PkD9.jpg

Also, I dunno, I feel you should have used black as an accent, not as a "dual" color. Imo should have kept the RAM white, or do a white/black/white/black thing.  ... Or are the pictures not in chronological order? It got me confused since first the RAM is white, then it's black and then it's white again.

I have to say tho, I love the attention to detail, you went your way to get white PCI covers...

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube