Lost the hype

As the title says, anyone feels the same way ? too much fireworks for not enough delivery.

♠ Lamine O. Mingwan  UEE Record #256532 

Anvil Aerospace F7C Hornet ♦ MISC Freelancer DUR ♥

Before anyone asks, this is for Star Citizen.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Same. I'll probably get hyped again when they show off some more stuff but right now I'm bored looking at the same concept with nothing to really play with.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I never got into the hype, I'll do the sensible thing and wait for the full release before I buy anything :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I never got into the hype, I'll do the sensible thing and wait for the full release before I buy anything  :)

I don't mean the $ spending hype !!! :D only the excitement to play the damn game

I don't mean the $ spending hype !!! :D only the excitement to play the damn game

Oh! Then yeah, I'm still excited, provided they deliver what they promise. It's not like gta v where the full game has been out for 18 months before we get to play it...

I'm extremely excited for the next doom too, I hope we'll see some gameplay at E3 ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Oh! Then yeah, I'm still excited, provided they deliver what they promise. It's not like gta v where the full game has been out for 18 months before we get to play it...

I'm extremely excited for the next doom too, I hope we'll see some gameplay at E3 ^^

I hope we'll PLAY some gameplay at E3 !!!

It's an on/off process, with the release date so far away it is almost impossible to continuously "retain the hype". Just look at the daily pledge counter, more people think this way.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

agree

As of this moment, do I not have a hype, but just re-watch any commercial (The Freelancer commercial has best effect), and I'll get the hype again. I want to buy the Freelancer-MAX ship package, but it's outside my price range. :(

For me the hypes been steadily building, I love the design process so with more and more info on ship and universe systems coming out each month as they nail down the details I get pulled in more and more. With the last year being more focused on core systems and conceptualising game mechanics this year should be really interesting as they start to bring those concepts into reality.

I've always enjoyed the journey of game development as much as the finished product itself though.

P.S. Was so disappointed when the DOOM demo never got leaked xD

i have too much hype and nothing to satisfy the hype... ugh 

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

too much fireworks for not enough delivery.

Delivery was never going to be fast for a game on this scale. It's a monumental amount of work.

Nope! Still have the hype! ^_^

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I don't think they hyped anything, I've spent sometime playing other games this weekend and feel like I've wasted time when I should've been playing SC

I agree with rentaspoon. You don't need hype or expectation, just see the modules as they compare them to what elsr is out there. Just comparing the mechanics makes my pledge worth it for me.

The ones that are rightfully anxious are the merchants and explorers, so all I can say is hold on and see what gets brought out.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I can say that I'm pretty hyped, but if it won't run on Linux natively I will be so mad.

I'm still hyped for it, but gonna just play elite dangerous to get my fix until SC goes full release.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I can say that I'm pretty hyped, but if it won't run on Linux natively I will be so mad.

well it will, the question is when?

Anyone know when the first chapter of SQ42 is due?

Fall 2015 is all we know so far, then if the old info is still relevant each episode after that will be 3 months between.

we stil havn't begun testing the fps, or the social systems, there is a ways to go before all the systems are ready for sq42 to come out.