Lost the hype

They said to expect fps and social within a month of each other. One or the other is slated to start next month, but would say it safer to conclude two months from now for a rough version.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

lFnU8Oy.png

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner

Don't loose hype now. We need to keep giving CIG more money. How else are they going to pay people to post more stretch goals?

Seriously though, CIG is promising something that I doubt they'll ever be capable of delivering. The project has gotten way out of hand. I feel bad for anyone that put money into this game at this point. I mean, look at any post on the SC forums that talks badly about the game or the devs. They've wasted so much of their money on it that the only thing they can do it just deny how bad things really are. I read a post saying : "For one, I think since the intent is to grab our money to make a better game then I'm all fine being pick pocketed by them rather than all the others from the gaming industry who do the exact same but fail to deliver anything of substance." This is a game that's not even out, by a studio that never made a game before, lead by someone who hasn't had any noticeable contribution to the industry for years.

It's good that you lost the hype. Let's just hope that everyone else does and stops shovelling money into this game.

Don't loose hype now. We need to keep giving CIG more money. How else are they going to pay people to post more stretch goals?

Seriously though, CIG is promising something that I doubt they'll ever be capable of delivering. The project has gotten way out of hand. I feel bad for anyone that put money into this game at this point. I mean, look at any post on the SC forums that talks badly about the game or the devs. They've wasted so much of their money on it that the only thing they can do it just deny how bad things really are. I read a post saying : "For one, I think since the intent is to grab our money to make a better game then I'm all fine being pick pocketed by them rather than all the others from the gaming industry who do the exact same but fail to deliver anything of substance." This is a game that's not even out, by a studio that never made a game before, lead by someone who hasn't had any noticeable contribution to the industry for years.

It's good that you lost the hype. Let's just hope that everyone else does and stops shovelling money into this game.

A lot of people (myself included) feel the game is already worth what we paid not to mention the open "look behind the curtains" development is showing all aspects pushing ahead nicely. I also think you are severely understating the amount of talent that is directly part of or being contracted by CIG just because they are a "new" studio, the age of a studio has little to do with their capabilities.

At the end of the day no ones forcing anyone to pay a cent before release, if you do so you do it of your own free will and you don't have to pay anything to be hyped about something ;)

P.S. Stretch goals stopped quite a while ago :P

A lot of people (myself included) feel the game is already worth what we paid not to mention the open "look behind the curtains" development is showing all aspects pushing ahead nicely. I also think you are severely understating the amount of talent that is directly part of or being contracted by CIG just because they are a "new" studio, the age of a studio has little to do with their capabilities.

At the end of the day no ones forcing anyone to pay a cent before release, if you do so you do it of your own free will and you don't have to pay anything to be hyped about something ;)

Already worth it? You can do what, explore your ship and dogfight? A lot of people have put in hundreds of dollars already. Even if I have missed some things, it's not nearly a full game and not worth the 60+ million USD that have gone into it.

I never said nor implied that a new studio is necessarily untalented. I just think you're foolish to put so much faith into a studio that's never even released a game before. I feel like it's pretty justifiable to doubt a company will be able to deliver us such an ambitious idea being well executed, especially since we have no real example of what they're capable of.

Also, I know they're not forcing anyone. But the project has raised nearly 70 million USD, when it was originally asking for just 500k. I think at some point you should stop asking for money, because while it's true that you don't have to spend money to be hyped about something, hype does encourage people to spend money.

Already worth it? You can do what, explore your ship and dogfight? A lot of people have put in hundreds of dollars already. Even if I have missed some things, it's not nearly a full game and not worth the 60+ million USD that have gone into it.

I never said nor implied that a new studio is necessarily untalented. I just think you're foolish to put so much faith into a studio that's never even released a game before. I feel like it's pretty justifiable to doubt a company will be able to deliver us such an ambitious idea being well executed, especially since we have no real example of what they're capable of.

Also, I know they're not forcing anyone. But the project has raised nearly 70 million USD, when it was originally asking for just 500k. I think at some point you should stop asking for money, because while it's true that you don't have to spend money to be hyped about something, hype does encourage people to spend money.

In the dog fighting module you can fly around and shoot people (death match, squad death match, capture the flag, swarm and racing), in a typical FPS (including the multi-million dollar ones) you can run around and shoot people, the game's not complete in terms of what they intend to offer but already offers as much as some games do and will have more in the next month or so with the FPS and social modules. All it costs to get in an play now is $45 in my opinion that is definitely worth it especially when you get the final game (or cynically part there of) with it.

The examples of what they are capable of come from what their employees have done and what they are currently showing us, personally I think they can easily deliver what they are promising, I do however feel some people are expecting more than they are promising but that is on them and not CIG.

The original project was targeting ~$22-24M not $500K, the $500K was to show interest in the game before the pre-arranged investors were willing to jump on board to make up the rest but the crowd funding took off and that was no longer necessary. Things have changed a lot since then too, now that they have an idea of how much they have to work with the scope and quality of the game has been greatly increased and many aspects have already been reworked or are in the process of being reworked to match the new targets, at this point they have a budget setup for at least $100M. They also make a point of explicitly saying when they release something new "you do not need to buy this" in the shows and on the site.

e.g. "Remember: we are offering this pledge ship to help fund Star Citizen’s development. All of these ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game. Additionally, all decorative ‘flare’ items will also be available to acquire in the finished game world. The goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches."

In the dog fighting module you can fly around and shoot people (death match, squad death match, capture the flag, swarm and racing), in a typical FPS (including the multi-million dollar ones) you can run around and shoot people, the games not complete in terms of what they intend to offer but already offers as much as some games do and will have more in the next month or so with the FPS and social modules. All it costs to get in an play now is $45 in my opinion that is definitely worth it especially when you get the final game (or cynically part there of) with it.

The examples of what they are capable of come from what their employees have done and what they are currently showing us, personally I think they can easily deliver what they are promising I do however feel some people are expecting more than they are promising but that is on them and not CIG.

The original project was targeting ~$22-24M not $500K, the $500K was to show interest in the game before the pre-arranged investors were willing to jump on board to make up the rest but the crowd funding took off and that was no longer necessary. Things have changed a lot since then too, now that they have an idea of how much they have to work with the scope and quality of the game has been greatly increased and many aspects have already been reworked or are in the process of being reworked to match the new targets, at this point they have a budget setup for at least $100M. They also make a point of explicitly saying all the time "you do not need to buy this".

I don't know why you're putting emphasis on flying vs walking, as if one offers a better experience than the other. They both guarantee a different experience sure, but I don't believe flying around in a game to be automatically more fun than moving on my feet. In it's current state, you really haven't sold it to me. It doesn't sound like it offers much.

Making parts of a game, does not show off their ability to make a full game. As I said I think it's foolish to get to worked up and put so much faith into this company. But they have been promising more and more from this game, with stretch goals. They're still party to blame.

As for them making it clear that you don't need to buy all of the ships for real money, I wasn't going to get onto that, but okay. Unless I'm completely blind, it's difficult to find any information making it clear that you don't need to buy things for real money to get it in game, but the site is very eager to show you a billion different in-game items which you can buy. I couldn't blame someone for buying ships because they thought that was how you get them. It's very deceptive. Then again, maybe I am just being blind and if so then I have no problem admitting I'm wrong about that part.

I don't know why you're putting emphasis on flying vs walking, as if one offers a better experience than the other. They both guarantee a different experience sure, but I don't believe flying around in a game to be automatically more fun than moving on my feet. In it's current state, you really haven't sold it to me. It doesn't sound like it offers much.

Making parts of a game, does not show off their ability to make a full game. As I said I think it's foolish to get to worked up and put so much faith into this company. But they have been promising more and more from this game, with stretch goals. They're still party to blame.

As for them making it clear that you don't need to buy all of the ships for real money, I wasn't going to get onto that, but okay. Unless I'm completely blind, it's difficult to find any information making it clear that you don't need to buy things for real money to get it in game, but the site is very eager to show you a billion different in-game items which you can buy. I couldn't blame someone for buying ships because they thought that was how you get them. It's very deceptive. Then again, maybe I am just being blind and if so then I have no problem admitting I'm wrong about that part.

I'm not saying flying is better than walking at all, I'm saying it currently offers as much as some other full games do, the underlines are to outline the similarity between the two sections of words (i.e. exchange "fly" for "run").

For what the employees offer, I'm not saying look just at this game alone, I'm saying look at their work history/pedigree as well as what's already being shown :) The stretch goals are things that were already on the "long list" of features (post release) they just got a priority bump, they are more like feature reveals than adding new stuff (for the most part).

As for the not needing to buy the ships I think they have made it quite clear that their intent throughout the crowd funding campaign has been all ships and items will be available in game for in game currency and in fact on top of that the ships wont be available for real world currency after release, the game will be sold as a standard $60 buy to play game. I don't know if its under or over stated because I've been following the game for a little over 2 years now but I knew exactly what I was getting into when I backed because I spent about a month keeping an eye on it before deciding to jump in (people should always do their background research before backing an early access game if they care about their money), I do know I see them point out the fact everything will be available in game regularly and particularly over the last 12 months have been quite vocal about it due to the number of "pay to win" complaints (due people thinking you have to buy ships), the quote in my last post is on every new concept sale. The next major patch will be bringing in the Rental Equipment Credits (REC) system too which will allow you to start earning a in game currency to rent existing ships and equipment.

@Camul talking of an inexperienced developer, have you ever played a Chris Roberts game? He delivers and he's sold his own game studios before, he's experienced. Yeah I was wary about putting my cash in especially for a game that is a MMO but glad I have and let's face it, it cost me £32 for an Aurora LN package which is a viable in game ship, you then get a full size single player game, a MMO and arena commander for your jump in deathmatchs.

Worth it.

I never get hyped about any game and I never pre-order a game or pay any money on kickstarter. I will wait till the game comes out and if the reviews says it good I will then buy.

My money can go on other stuff in the meantime :)

I never get hyped about any game and I never pre-order a game or pay any money on kickstarter. I will wait till the game comes out and if the reviews says it good I will then buy.

My money can go on other stuff in the meantime :)

And a good attitude that is!

Everyone has their own, as it should be. For me, it is usually like this too, but this game caught a whole different side of me... ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Nope. I am pretty satisfied with the delivery.

This is, by far, the most money I have ever spent on a single game. And it is not even out yet. Still, I am, for the most part, very satisfied with the way my money has been utilized and am still very much looking forward to playing the final product.

Compromises have been made for the sake of marketability, many of which I do not agree with, but none of them have been show stoppers, at least for me. All in all SC is still shaping up to be pretty close to what I pledged my money for.

So the hype is still burning in my corner. :)

I always find my interest lulling a little in the month or two before one of their reveals at events. I think its just because they go quieter about the cool stuff they are doing so they have something to "reveal".

Looking forward to FPS and Social modules coming out later this month (or soon after).

I'm not saying flying is better than walking at all, I'm saying it currently offers as much as some other full games do, the underlines are to outline the similarity between the two sections of words (i.e. exchange "fly" for "run").

For what the employees offer, I'm not saying look just at this game alone, I'm saying look at their work history/pedigree as well as what's already being shown :) The stretch goals are things that were already on the "long list" of features (post release) they just got a priority bump, they are more like feature reveals than adding new stuff (for the most part).

As for the not needing to buy the ships I think they have made it quite clear that their intent throughout the crowd funding campaign has been all ships and items will be available in game for in game currency and in fact on top of that the ships wont be available for real world currency after release, the game will be sold as a standard $60 buy to play game. I don't know if its under or over stated because I've been following the game for a little over 2 years now but I knew exactly what I was getting into when I backed because I spent about a month keeping an eye on it before deciding to jump in (people should always do their background research before backing an early access game if they care about their money), I do know I see them point out the fact everything will be available in game regularly and particularly over the last 12 months have been quite vocal about it due to the number of "pay to win" complaints (due people thinking you have to buy ships), the quote in my last post is on every new concept sale. The next major patch will be bringing in the Rental Equipment Credits (REC) system too which will allow you to start earning a in game currency to rent existing ships and equipment.

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood why you underlined them. I don't think that just having game play alone is good enough to warrant a purchase. It depends on the amount of content, how refined the game-play is, the experience it offers. The (my) big issue so far is content, and maybe with the content release coming up it might be worth it. My point regarding this matter is, that in it's current state I don't fell like it's worth it. Until they can deliver something that's worth the asking price, I don't think they should be taking any more money from people. Or at the very least, make it clear that all of the items in store do not have to purchased to be obtained in game. I don't care what you say about them being clear, because I can't see it been written down anywhere obvious on the website. I think I read it in one of the FAQs a while back, but that isn't really what I would define as being made clear. The game and studio have  been generate a LOT of hype, and then throw an overwhelming list of purchases you can make at you. The deceptiveness of it all is really what I have a problem with.

As for the studio itself, they have no games released prior to this, and looking at the content that has already been created is a better example of a tech demo than a finished game. I know the director, Chris Roberts hasn't made a game in over a decade (according to GaintBomb and wikipedia). In an industry that advances so quickly, I don't consider the achievements of someone a decade ago to be relevant any more.

lost the hype when i learned that the "crysis" look wont go away

each time i play it feels like im playing a modded version of crysis :(

i guess will just wait for another space sim

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

yeah i'm not feeling it any more.  i dont have any interest in the game, i use to be super excited about it but now its like "ewww, i have to pay for ships now with real world money"

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood why you underlined them. I don't think that just having game play alone is good enough to warrant a purchase. It depends on the amount of content, how refined the game-play is, the experience it offers. The (my) big issue so far is content, and maybe with the content release coming up it might be worth it. My point regarding this matter is, that in it's current state I don't fell like it's worth it. Until they can deliver something that's worth the asking price, I don't think they should be taking any more money from people. Or at the very least, make it clear that all of the items in store do not have to purchased to be obtained in game. I don't care what you say about them being clear, because I can't see it been written down anywhere obvious on the website. I think I read it in one of the FAQs a while back, but that isn't really what I would define as being made clear. The game and studio have  been generate a LOT of hype, and then throw an overwhelming list of purchases you can make at you. The deceptiveness of it all is really what I have a problem with.

As for the studio itself, they have no games released prior to this, and looking at the content that has already been created is a better example of a tech demo than a finished game. I know the director, Chris Roberts hasn't made a game in over a decade (according to GaintBomb and wikipedia). In an industry that advances so quickly, I don't consider the achievements of someone a decade ago to be relevant any more.

I guess the main reason I disagree with your point of view is because you seem to be looking at it as a final product (give me $X worth of game before I give you $X) rather than backing an unreleased game in its (pre-)alpha stages, while I personally do think what they have now is worth $45 that's not what the $45 is for, its helping to develop the whole game and expand what CIG is capable of putting into the game. Stopping people from backing now would only hurt the game and community as people finding out about it now or deciding that things have progressed to the point where they want to play wouldn't be able to and it puts a cap on their potential budget, again it is entirely each persons choice to back or not, they're not forcing anyone to back, everyone has the choice to wait for the game to be released before they buy it for $60 like @IceCold007 and there's nothing wrong with doing that, but at the same rate in my opinion CIG has no reason to take that choice away from anyone. I really don't see how they are deceiving anyone too, all the information is there, at some point the buyer has to step up an take responsibility for their own choices.

Every studio has to start somewhere but in this case there are a lot of experienced people involved not just a bunch of fresh fish. Chris Roberts is the producer and while he hasn't produced a game recently he has been producing movies so hasn't been "on the bench" for the last few years, this IMO puts him in an even better position to produce a game like this especially with the contacts he has built up in both fields over the years and the fact that he did most of the coding in the prototype and continues to work on parts of the code even today suggests he is more than qualified for his position in my opinion. But again he is only one person of the 300 odd working on the game, a lot of which have very respected work behind them (some of which were even poached to work on the up coming Star Wars movies). They have employees from all over the industry including Crytek so in my opinion they definitely have the talent pool to be able to put together the game they are trying to make, on top of that they will be getting outside help from the likes of Crytek, AMD and Nvidia not only because the are using the Cryengine but also because of the noise this game has made, everyone wants to be associated with it ;)

In my opinion at this point they have come far enough that they cant out right fail, it is entirely possible they won't release something that lives up to expectations and I can guarantee they will release something that doesn't live up to everyone's expectations, I've seen enough people posting misinformation to know that much (CR even says as much) but that is the risk of backing something before it's released, we are putting money down based on the team they have assembled, the information they have given us and the components they have shared with us which is what made me grab a starter ship in the early days (a "I like what you want to do and your team but you'll need to show me more before I pay retail pricing" pledge) and came back for more later as they showed more of their potential. The constant lifting of the bar and progress toward their original (very innovative) concepts is what has kept me hyped over the years (going back to the OP ;)).

yeah i'm not feeling it any more.  i dont have any interest in the game, i use to be super excited about it but now its like "ewww, i have to pay for ships now with real world money"

The Rental Equipment Credits (REC) system will be in the next major patch ;)

I guess the main reason I disagree with your point of view is because you seem to be looking at it as a final product (give me $X worth of game before I give you $X) rather than backing an unreleased game in its (pre-)alpha stages, while I personally do think what they have now is worth $45 that's not what the $45 is for, its helping to develop the whole game and expand what CIG is capable of putting into the game. Stopping people from backing now would only hurt the game and community as people finding out about it now or deciding that things have progressed to the point where they want to play wouldn't be able to and it puts a cap on their potential budget, again it is entirely each persons choice to back or not, they're not forcing anyone to back, everyone has the choice to wait for the game to be released before they buy it for $60 like @IceCold007 and there's nothing wrong with doing that, but at the same rate in my opinion CIG has no reason to take that choice away from anyone. I really don't see how they are deceiving anyone too, all the information is there, at some point the buyer has to step up an take responsibility for their own choices.

Every studio has to start somewhere but in this case there are a lot of experienced people involved not just a bunch of fresh fish. Chris Roberts is the producer and while he hasn't produced a game recently he has been producing movies so hasn't been "on the bench" for the last few years, this IMO puts him in an even better position to produce a game like this especially with the contacts he has built up in both fields over the years and the fact that he did most of the coding in the prototype and continues to work on parts of the code even today suggests he is more than qualified for his position in my opinion. But again he is only one person of the 300 odd working on the game, a lot of which have very respected work behind them (some of which were even poached to work on the up coming Star Wars movies). They have employees from all over the industry including Crytek so in my opinion they definitely have the talent pool to be able to put together the game they are trying to make, on top of that they will be getting outside help from the likes of Crytek, AMD and Nvidia not only because the are using the Cryengine but also because of the noise this game has made, everyone wants to be associated with it ;)

In my opinion at this point they have come far enough that they cant out right fail, it is entirely possible they won't release something that lives up to expectations and I can guarantee they will release something that doesn't live up to everyone's expectations, I've seen enough people posting misinformation to know that much (CR even says as much) but that is the risk of backing something before it's released, we are putting money down based on the team they have assembled, the information they have given us and the components they have shared with us which is what made me grab a starter ship in the early days (a "I like what you want to do and your team but you'll need to show me more before I pay retail pricing" pledge) and came back for more later as they showed more of their potential. The constant lifting of the bar and progress toward their original (very innovative) concepts is what has kept me hyped over the years (going back to the OP ;)).

Sorry, I haven't really been very clear. I'm not the best at arguing, mainly because I suck at writing and it gets vague and confusing. If this comes off as patronising, it's not supposed to be, I'm just trying to write it in a way that actually gets my point across clearly.

I have NO problem with them selling the game. I have no problem with early access. When I talk about if it's worth it, I'm not just talking about the $54 base price. I'm talking about the amount of money people are likely to spend on the game, just because of the ridiculous amount of buying options. It's all of the buying options that I have a big problem with. I don't think the option to spend money on in-game items is right. Considering how much money the project has already gained, the fact that the game isn't even out yet, and because we have no idea how the final product will even turn out. I think it's for the best if people stop being hyped and spending ludicrous amounts of money on this project. I think the right thing for CIG to do is to stop even offering these options. Or at the very least make it explicitly clear (I'm talking massive red text at the top of the store) that you don't need to shell out real money to actually get them, so at least the people that might have bought it thinking they had to pay for it to get in game won't be buying it. The fact that the studio, especially considering that it has never made a game before, is convincing people to part with potentially hundreds of dollars is what I dislike. I think people are putting far too much faith into a studio that has yet to prove their ability.

This is why I have not played the game. I went on it for about a minute to fly around and it was awesome.

Playing the game this early on will burn you out and make you bored when its fully released.

Trust me. Just don't play it and you will get more and more excited.

Sorry, I haven't really been very clear. I'm not the best at arguing, mainly because I suck at writing and it gets vague and confusing. If this comes off as patronising, it's not supposed to be, I'm just trying to write it in a way that actually gets my point across clearly.

I have NO problem with them selling the game. I have no problem with early access. When I talk about if it's worth it, I'm not just talking about the $54 base price. I'm talking about the amount of money people are likely to spend on the game, just because of the ridiculous amount of buying options. It's all of the buying options that I have a big problem with. I don't think the option to spend money on in-game items is right. Considering how much money the project has already gained, the fact that the game isn't even out yet, and because we have no idea how the final product will even turn out. I think it's for the best if people stop being hyped and spending ludicrous amounts of money on this project. I think the right thing for CIG to do is to stop even offering these options. Or at the very least make it explicitly clear (I'm talking massive red text at the top of the store) that you don't need to shell out real money to actually get them, so at least the people that might have bought it thinking they had to pay for it to get in game won't be buying it. The fact that the studio, especially considering that it has never made a game before, is convincing people to part with potentially hundreds of dollars is what I dislike. I think people are putting far too much faith into a studio that has yet to prove their ability.

Don't worry you didn't come across as patronising or anything, we are just debating opinions :)

While I wouldn't be against the red text idea I am of the opinion that they buyer has to take ownership of their purchasing choices especially when looking at a early access product, anything bought under the flag of early access should be seen as nothing more than supporting the development of said product and it is up to the customer to decide how much they spend, what they spend it on and if they even choose to spend anything at all by doing their own background research. I would liken it to fast food chains being forced to write in big red text over their burgers "this is unhealthy", the health information is out there but if the customer doesn't take enough of an interest to look at it that is on them.

I don't see giving people a selection of choices as a bad thing either as it benefits both the developers and the customer, the customer can pledge more and receive something slightly better in return (but ultimately worth nothing) rather than having the only option being to buy X amount of the same (now redundant) ship and the developer will not only get more (because people aren't turned off by only having one option) but when the PU releases it also allows the world to be populated with a variety of ships and load outs rather than 90% of the population flying around in Auroras for the first month, even in its current state the variety is nice in my opinion, I know Aurora and Mustang owners love to see their ship shredding Hornets (@rentaspoon ;)).

Ultimately in my opinion having more choices is better and if someone is unsure about the game in any way they still have the choice of waiting till release, more so now then ever because at this point the game will be made so its not like someone not backing early will prevent that from happening. The nice thing is if people want to pledge more to help the developers expand and polish the original vision further they can but no one should be spending money they cant afford to spend or would be uncomfortable loosing should the game come out in a form they weren't expecting, this should apply to any game whether it be an early access game, pre-order or even final release. This is intended to be a $60 game so if someone spends $600 on it they better own the fact that most of their money is being spent on supporting the developers and not just buying the game and I think most people that spend that much know this, they, like me, are just hyped about the potential of getting a game that not only brings back a near dead genre but expands and innovates not only in that genre but several others and will actually push high end technology for a change... or it could just be a clunky mess... either way I will have no regrets ;)

I'd like to shuffle in for a bit here:

While you have valid points of concern that people might get sucked in the spending spree that some do, I'd like to point out this piece of text

Remember: we are offering this pledge ship to help fund Star Citizen’s development. All of these ships will be available for in-game credits in the final universe, and they are not required to start the game. Additionally, all decorative ‘flare’ items will also be available to acquire in the finished game world. The goal is to make additional ships available that give players a different experience rather than a particular advantage when the persistent universe launches.

This text is shown under the past few concept sales after people on the RSI forums raised similar concerns as you have. I do agree that it should probably also be inserted in the Pledge store for the ship sales.

I think somewhere in the FAQ it is also stated that the money raised now is for the development of the game, you are just rewarded with a comparable in-game item based on your pledge.

I think the main reason that people spend so much is a nostalgia factor. Many people spend many hours on the previous Wing Commander/Freelancer (CR's previous games) etc. series and they are happy that something in the same genre will come out again. Chris Roberts previously stated that Star Citizen will be what he envisioned for Wing Commander, but that the technology then held him back. For some that is enough reason to support him and his team.

This is why I have not played the game. I went on it for about a minute to fly around and it was awesome.

Playing the game this early on will burn you out and make you bored when its fully released.

Trust me. Just don't play it and you will get more and more excited.

Quite the opposite for me, our monthly meet is something I look forward to, I play it most nights and feel like I'm wasting time playing other games. Currently on a come down because there is very little news coming out ATM because of the next big patch.

Star Citizen is going to be awesome because it takes me back to the heart of old school gaming, something that's been missing since gaming went commercial

The industry hasn't moved forward in years, it's become a giant cash cow so it won't.

Personally if you want a game that's had its come back after 10years look at supreme commander which was a spiritual successor, planetary annihilation and elite

Personally if you want a game that's had its come back after 10years look at supreme commander which was a spiritual successor, planetary annihilation and elite

Supreme Commander was a spiritual successor of which game? I've played both and I love the gigantic battles that are possible :)