Politicians are supporting Comcast's TWC merger with letters ghostwritten by Comcast

ZHnytBj.jpg

Documents reveal the cozy relationship between lobbyists, officials, and the FCC

Well, well, well. What do we have here? More collusion between Comcast, TWC and the FCC? Say it ain't so! If you've been wondering who actually supported Comcast in this and how anyone could, rest easy. Most people probably aren't. 

Comcast has been busy drumming up ghost letters without the "authors" approval on any level what so ever, and everyone has been turning a blind eye to this because support is  support and I imagine someone at the FCC got their share of "support" to allow these "support" to be considered valid. 

Naughty, naughty Comcast. 

As a forum, especially our US residents, we should care more about a situation like this. If people were to be so invested in a scenario like this as they are in other manners affecting this site, imagine how powerful a message we could send to those in charge that we will not go quietly into that good night. 

On August 21st, 2014, Mayor Jere Wood of Roswell, Georgia, sent a letter to the Federal Communications Commission expressing emphatic support for Comcast’s controversial effort to merge with Time Warner Cable. Not only did the mayor’s letter express personal excitement for the gargantuan deal — which critics say will create a monopoly that will harm millions of consumers — but it also claimed that the entire town of Roswell adored Comcast. "When Comcast makes a promise to act, it is comforting to know that they will always follow through," Wood's letter explained. "This is the type of attitude that makes Roswell proud to be involved with such a company," the letter asserts, "our residents are happy with the services it has provided and continues to provide each day.”

Yet Wood’s letter made one key omission: Neither Wood nor anyone representing Roswell’s residents wrote his letter to the FCC. Instead, a vice president of external affairs at Comcast authored the missive word for word in Mayor Wood's voice. According to email correspondence obtained through a public records request, the Republican mayor’s office apparently added one sign-off sentence and his signature to the corporate PR document, then sent it to federal regulators on the official letterhead of Roswell, Georgia.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/26/7878239/comcast-twc-fcc-merger-letters-politicians-ghostwritten

WHAT THE FUCK

I emailed our government (I live in Georgia) about the net neutrality stuff late last year and they sent me sensible responses about how they're not for anything that is anti-consumer, even if that means opposing fast lanes and getting something done about how the ISP's are short-sticking the consumer as well as holding Netflix's customers hostage.

This is insane.

Again, WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT THE FUCK

I emailed our government (I live in Georgia) about the net neutrality stuff late last year and they sent me sensible responses about how they're not for anything that is anti-consumer, even if that means opposing fast lanes and getting something done about how the ISP's are short-sticking the consumer as well as holding Netflix's customers hostage.

This is insane.

Again, WHAT THE FUCK

It's politics, I've come to expect shit like this. This mayor is the mayor of that town though, and his ideas might not reflect the ideas of other mayors in Georgia.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's politics, I've come to expect shit like this. This mayor is the mayor of that town though, and his ideas might not reflect the ideas of other mayors in Georgia.

I hope it's just that one guy. I don't know how people are in denial about this issue.

Im sorry i dont understand a lot about american companies but woundlt that be  HUGE monopoly and break like 100 fucking anti monopoly laws?

It being a monopoly would mean that they are the only company left doing what they do IIRC, and I believe it has to be proven that there was foul play as a conspiracy to kill their competitors. Verizon FiOS aren't going anywhere, neither are Cablevision, AT&T's Uverse, Google's Fiber (small as of now, but of course they're looking to expand), Charter or many more. They are however the two largest IIRC, so there's far more controversy around this than there was with the proposed T-Mobile-Sprint merger and the completed Sprint-Nextel merger.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Im sorry i dont understand a lot about american companies but woundlt that be  HUGE monopoly and break like 100 fucking anti monopoly laws?

We live in a land where companies with enough money can lobby for those laws to not apply to them.

YAAAY oligopoly.

Just let the fucking zombie apocalypse/ww3 come already. Just let it happen so the stupid can die off, and maybe the intelligent can live and rebuild society.

If I had the button from Escape from LA, the *destroy all electronic equipment on the planet* button, I'd probably press it at this point.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"We support this merger, it is a great thing. Also, please disregard the inconspicuous truckloads of cash being dumped at our private office." -polititions 2k15

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I love Ron Swanson... And this gif is perfect.

0ESDqKl.gif

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

why do american politicians even bother pretending they represent american people

because stupid and dumb people believe what politicians have to say. they suck it up like manna from heaven

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

because stupid and dumb people believe what politicians have to say. they suck it up like manna from heaven

Sadly true.

I've gotten to the point that I will not vote again, unless it's a state vote. At least that somewhat tries to pretend to be legitimate. But as far as I am concerned, the federal government is now rogue, operating completely outside the spirit of the law, and outside the support of the american people. Every single member of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches deserves a life sentence in jail, if not exile. If exile, every single person related to them, and in league with them has to join them.

And I don't care if that exile is to an island with no food or water, fuck them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

America, the place where stupid people vote for people that do more harm than good.

Well... some politicians aren't corrupt. Some....

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Politics and lying go hand in hand. Only way to get to the top.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

At this rate the merger will happen.

why do american politicians even bother pretending they represent american people

Because there are enough stupid people who believe they do and that they care.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Because there are enough stupid people who believe they do and that they care.

I don't even think that's true. I think most people vote one of two ways: either they vote for what they consider the "lesser of two evils" or they vote for a guy they don't necessarily agree with but think has a higher chance of winning against the opposing party. Kind of similar thinking. The first one implies there's no good candidate. The second one implies there is a good candidate but our country is too polarized to pick him/her so they go for moderate.

And then there's the group of people who believe anything their party of choice throws at them...I'd like to think that's not that large of a group but I'm too afraid to consider otherwise.

I don't even think that's true. I think most people vote one of two ways: either they vote for what they consider the "lesser of two evils" or they vote for a guy they don't necessarily agree with but think has a higher chance of winning against the opposing party. Kind of similar thinking. The first one implies there's no good candidate. The second one implies there is a good candidate but our country is too polarized to pick him/her so they go for moderate.

And then there's the group of people who believe anything their party of choice throws at them...I'd like to think that's not that large of a group but I'm too afraid to consider otherwise.

No.

Look at the majority of Obama supports and listen to what they say for example. They actually think he and the democrats are honest and want to help them.

As for the last thing you said, that's basically the same thing. They believe whatever their party or politicians tell them because they are stupid.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

No.

Look at the majority of Obama supports and listen to what they say for example. They actually think he and the democrats are honest and want to help them.

As for the last thing you said, that's basically the same thing. They believe whatever their party or politicians tell them because they are stupid.

What's just as bad is short term memory, our government (Australian) promised us a NBN using fibre optics, that got quietly downgraded to 'copper to homes', and now it seems to have been forgotten completely. Politicians, f****ing us over since 500BC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I just face-keyboarded.

It's a model m, so it really hurt. Not doing that again. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

No.

Oh please, let's not turn this into a political nonsense fest, as if the Republicans are any better or worse than the Democrats in the nonsense they peddle to the masses.

Same BS, different party colours. That's all the 2 party system is these days.

Oh please, let's not turn this into a political nonsense fest, as if the Republicans are any better or worse than the Democrats in the nonsense they peddle to the masses.

Same BS, different party colours. That's all the 2 party system is these days.

It is valid considering the discussion we are in. If you do not like it, don't read it or respond.

And do tell how me how you came about thinking you knew where I stood when it comes to the other political parties. Oh, and one person doing a wrong or being evil doesn't excuse the other person's evils or wrong doings.  -_-