ASRock trustworthy?

I've always wondered if they are a reputable company. What's your guys' experiences with them?

Read the LTT Beginner's Guide; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron

Spoiler

CPU: i5-4690k 4.1 GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO GPU: Asus Gtx 970 Strix MOBO: ASUS Z97-E RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Cooler Master 600W 80+ Bronze Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced 

They are reputable, I've never had a problem with them but some people on this forum have. 

I wouldn't necessarily choose one of their motherboards over a company like Asus, but if they had a compelling offer, I would buy it.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

My AsRock Mobo (around 2 years old) had one time it just crashed and it wouldn't work so i emailed AsRock and they replied fast and i just had to unplug all my USB devices. 

But the Mobo is awesome and AsRock is very trustworthy as far as i know.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

They are reputable, I've never had a problem with them but some people on this forum have. 

I wouldn't necessarily choose one of their motherboards over a company like Asus, but if they had a compelling offer, I would buy it.

Why?

Not having a go, it's just that they always end up the least favoured out of ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and EVGA and I haven't really encountered a compelling reason. Not that I'm any better, I have an ASUS board too.

Yes, infact they are IMO place 2ish in mobo manufacturers. Their BIOSes are very stable and from z87 onwards (and extreme4 model up) they do have good build quality.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Why?

Not having a go, it's just that they always end up the least favoured out of ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and EVGA and I haven't really encountered a compelling reason. Not that I'm any better, I have an ASUS board too.

Because I've never had a problem with Asus (I have quite a few of their products) and they're generally regarded as one of the best motherboard manufacturers, plus I like their color scheme on most of their boards. 

If the Asus board was $100 and the ASRock board was $100, but the ASRock board has more features, I would definitely go with that instead. However, if they were essentially the same, I'd choose Asus.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I got an ASRock board once, it was horrible. For some reason whenever I tried to install an OS, the screen would go blank.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I dont see why they wouldn't be trustworthy they make some pretty great products  

Watch me live on twitch every night! Click Here♥

Having my second ASrock board never had a problem

Yep, completely fine, look at my sig. Also 3 asrock boards in other builds I did. No problems.

ASRock is completely fine! 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

I've always wondered if they are a reputable company. What's your guys' experiences with them?

They're website looks dodgy, but they're products are fine.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

i have issues with ASRock mobo sound problems

i don't know why asrock cheaper than other mobo

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Asrock is basicly fine.

But yeah more information is needed on what platform you are looking at.

Asrock has awesome boards, but also realy awfull ones.

But this simply counts for any brand.

Asrock is basicly fine.

But yeah more information is needed on what platform you are looking at.

Asrock has awesome boards, but also realy awfull ones.

But this simply counts for any brand.

exactly, and also you must look at customer care and services and warranty...i have absolutely no idea how asrock is doing in that regards, i know MSI is flawless, nintendo, EVGA and amazon as well..and Asus just plain sucks at it...those are my only first hand experiences with RMA, warranty and customer services.

I would defenetly go with an Asrock board if the price was right and it was a solid offering, sure (like the H97 PRO4 at 72$ ATM this is a flawless motherboard)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Defnetly, at the time i bought my Mobo many people said asrock is shit and they only manufacture low quality motherboards and have many problems, but i still went with it. ASRock makes fantastic motherboards, especially for the budget, for high end builds (f.e. Extreme 11) aswell.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Defnetly, at the time i bought my Mobo many people said asrock is shit and they only manufacture low quality motherboards and have many problems, but i still went with it. ASRock makes fantastic motherboards, especially for the budget, for high end builds (f.e. Extreme 11) aswell.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

exactly, and also you must look at customer care and services and warranty...i have absolutely no idea how asrock is doing in that regards, i know MSI is flawless, nintendo, EVGA and amazon as well..and Asus just plain sucks at it...those are my only first hand experiences with RMA, warranty and customer services.

I would defenetly go with an Asrock board if the price was right and it was a solid offering, sure (like the H97 PRO4 at 72$ ATM this is a flawless motherboard)

Wouldnt say MSI support is flawless, lol. They needed about 1 week to reply to my question and it was a very short and not really helpfull answer...

I've never encountered any problem with my board and I'd definitely buy one of their boards again if it has a better price than other manufacturers.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Wouldnt say MSI support is flawless, lol. They needed about 1 week to reply to my question and it was a very short and not really helpfull answer...

call them on phone next time and you'll see they will handle you on the fly and next day you'll be all set to send out your part if needed.

Most of these company will handle support by phone A LOT better and most of them if you include your phone number in an e-mail will call you back much quicker...

dealing issues through e-mail is just not the way to do so.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR