Samsung getting sued over the name “Milk”

snowComet

It is not a news that Samsung bundled a lot of apps in their smartphones and tablets, and sometimes these apps got discontinued like Media Hub,  because not many people used these alternative media services. Recently Samsung re-launch some of these services in the form of Milk Music and Milk Video service, but they got sued because they used the name "Milk".

Milk Music Service

milk2.jpg

Milk Video Service

samsung-milk-music-promo.jpg

Milk Video and Milk Music are Samsung's offers on alternative streaming service after putting its Media Hubs to rest. Milk Video allowed users to follow other video services ,and share your own videos by logging on through your Facebook account; while Milk Music provided a ad-free, no direct song selection, no offline caching environment for users to enjoy music, and provided a unique dial-based interface for users to discover new stations, let users smoothly transition between different music genres. For more about Samsung's Milk Video and Milk Music, you can take a look at these cnet articles:

http://www.cnet.com/products/milk-video-android/

http://www.cnet.com/products/milk-android/

Samsung was sued by Milk Studios, a photography and multimedia studio, over the name "Milk". They have studios in Los Angeles and New York, deals in areas of film and television casting, advertising, fashion and art,  and also renting out space for folks who need fashionista backdrops for their photo shoots. it is interesting that Milk Studios had done a few contracts ( 18 different contracts ) for Samsung in the past, according to Phandroid.com .

According to Phandroid.com's article, Samsung got requested from Milk Studios as early as March to stop using the name "Milk", but Samsung decided to keep using it, and thus Milk Studios decided to sue Samsung. At this moment Samsung declined to comment on this matter, But I believe Samsung would fight for the name in court, instead of changing it. 

http://phandroid.com/2014/11/25/samsung-milk-lawsuit/

http://pocketnow.com/2014/11/25/samsung-sued-over-milk

Sounds more legit than other cases of this. This Milk company does do photography and multimedia and did work for Samsung (apparently). Don't think they want to be confused with shitware.

Seems fair, it's the companies name.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The word Milk has been repeated too many times, I don't know what it even means anymore.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

For once I think that this is fair, especially since Samsung was warned earlier and decided to ignore them. I also might be a little biased since I don't really care about Samsung.

So in other words Samsung got milked for using milk ;)

Women who have breastfed should band together and counter sue this pompous ass of a company. This pissing contest abuse of the legal system should be made illegal.

This sounds responsible something is wrong.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I don't want to be confused with the drinkable milk and the shitware.... Therefore I will sue the crap out of the company :D

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

No, just no...

lel spoiled milk joke.. *ba dum tiss* xD

Details separate people.

Women who have breastfed should band together and counter sue this pompous ass of a company. This pissing contest abuse of the legal system should be made illegal.

umm this is the actual reason companies are allowed to file suits like this. when the name of your company is a generic word that cant be trademarked/copyrighted on its own you can trademark it too you business practice.

eg i cant start a company called apple electronics because apple already uses apple in the business environment etc. however if i started a farm shop called apple i would be fine because there's no crossover in products and business interests.

I hope they have to change it because that is the dumbest name! Seriously milk?! Common who ever thought of that needs to be fired!