Super Smash Brothers - WiiU! - 50 New Features Revealed! - Most Badass Game

GoodBytes

8 players? I see that Nintendo is greatly overestimating the number of friends I have. That's like 8 times too many.

Buy amiibo's they can be your friends.

guesss this is the only console form the next gen version wich get's 1080p flawless.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

the Wii U still hasn't proven itself as a capable system to invest money into, sure if you are only interested in Nintendo first party games it's a one dog show, but the number of games is just too low, the gamecube had a more compelling market position, and we know how that turned out, wouldn't we all be better off if Nintendo went the way of Sega and because a multi plat developer

Well ignoring that last bit because that's nothing to do with us as consumers and in terms of cash Nintendo are a pretty solid company. Fantastic Wii sales didn't mean that the Wii hit those same high watermarks. Infact if anything the Wii, while it did have some great games, let us down a bit in that regard. So just getting that well out of the way because it seems both wrong and irrelevant. 

In terms of purely what games we're getting? I don't know, the Wii U seems like very much a "core gamer" system. For example the Gamecube had Viewtiful Joe and the Wii U has The Wonderful 101, Gamecube had a great version of Resident Evil and the Wii U has a decent version of the only RE game that hasn't been trash in the last few years and also ZombiU which isn't that bad (ok, not selling it there!). Melee vs the New Smash? Pikmin vs Pikmin 3? 3D World vs Sunshine? It's all pretty much on par. Bayonetta vs Prince of Persia? That's a tough one I guess. Double Dash vs Mario Kar 8? Less so. I think it holds its own pretty well. I don't know how many top tier games it needs to have before some people give it the time of day. It hasn't quite hit the highs of Metroid Prime or Super Mario Galaxy yet but can we at least give it a go? This is a pretty decent list of content.

I personally don't "invest money" into a platform so I can brag about winning the "console wars". I buy into platforms that allow me to play great games. The Wii U has great games. What more needs to be said?

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

When I watched the amiibo trailer I facedesked so hard I broke my desk. It's so bad it hurt physically.

It's so bad it's good. Like non-specific action figure or the "settle it in smash" ads. Just sooo bad but it works

Its a Wii u or a 970. Why do you make me do this. Why!?!?

both.png

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I need to get a Wii-U still, I feel so behind :/

I regret selling my 3ds XL too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The Wii U rocks. I use the analogy of "owning a wii u is like being in a really great secret that no one cares to know about any way" all the time. For it's library short comings, the games that are available are just awesome. Can't wait for Smash. 

This is awesome but I'm starting to wonder if they are adding too many characters. It can become near impossible to have all characters equal with that many. I didn't notice if it's 60 fps, does anyone know if it is?

If you don't or cant watch the video, here's a detailed list of the 50+ "new" features

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/24/nintendo-is-going-all-out-in-new-super-smash-bros

EDIT: Copy Paste the URL in a new tab to make it load

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

This is awesome but I'm starting to wonder if they are adding too many characters. It can become near impossible to have all characters equal with that many. I didn't notice if it's 60 fps, does anyone know if it is?

They didn't explicitly said on this video. But every Super Smash brothers were running (apparently) at 60fps (50fps for PAL).

They didn't explicitly said on this video. But every Super Smash brothers were running (apparently) at 60fps (50fps for PAL).

Awesome! It's looking more and more like the next console I get is going to be a Wii-U. I have my PC for really good graphics, I just want a playable experience on my consoles. Hopefully this really pushes Nintendo's consoles; they seem to be going all out lately with their releases.

404 m8.

not sure why, can't fix it but if you copy/paste the URL in a new tab it loads

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Just watched boogies video and loved it, wow 1080p 60 fps is the biggest thing for me as a PC only player :) go Wii go !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Nintendo just reminded me of why I used to like them

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It wouldn't really work in 30

It is 60 confirmed

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

It wouldn't really work in 30

It is 60 confirmed

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

i'd like to have a 3ds but that resolution is to damm low. i've played SSB on the 3ds and its pretty fun with friends.

I believe the reason why Nintendo is able to push 60fps, is that they spend time in selecting what to remove on stages, and make models of lower polygon count, and do tricks like on the 3DS where YOU move at 60fps, but the background and everything draws at 30fps. So basically, you have the best visuals with 2 players on the screen. maybe even 4. But at 8 players, characters will have reduce polygon count, some background stage elements will be remove (or simply not as detailed or having animated things on the large stages, so that you can't see a difference. Like for example, the background will be an image, and not have the stage start floating around with an animated 3D background). It's all tricks that Nintendo can do. It's all about optimization, and how to carefully cut things in a way that the player won't notice.

I would get a Wii U by now if I hadn't already spent all of my money on my PC and Steam sale games.

Every topic I post in dies.

Well ignoring that last bit because that's nothing to do with us as consumers and in terms of cash Nintendo are a pretty solid company.

I personally don't "invest money" into a platform so I can brag about winning the "console wars". I buy into platforms that allow me to play great games. The Wii U has great games. What more needs to be said?

For the first part, it does have to do consumers, because it would save everyone $300, because without first party there would be no reason to buy a Nintendo home console. I don't hate the Wii U, it seems pretty solid, but people who call it the only "current Gen" console to buy are kind of delusional, the other two major console have solid first party releases + multi platforms,

And secondly don't degrade me to some console warring keyboard soldier, I prefer Sony for the most part because they have better exclusive and the expected multiplat games

Then again it doesn't have enough games either and I wouldn't own one if my brother didn't want one

Geez, calm down. The fact of the matter is that Nintendo, even though they have a less capable system, have been treating us as gamers pretty well. Their games DO run at 60fps and they're not making lame excuses about how 30fps is "more cinematic". You giving them crap about not delivering 60fps? Frankly it's a load of shit. Those games run well because they've prioritised gameplay over the youtube lets-play graphical e-peen contest. If you had played them and knew what you were talking about you'd know this. As a gamer who has enjoyed these games? I'm going to defend them for doing that. I'm going to give praise where it's due and have some fun at the expense of companies like Ubisoft.

If this somehow "makes you embarrassed" then perhaps you should stop worrying about boosting your gamer cred and instead just enjoy the god damn games. Bayonneta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros are three of the best games this year. Period. If you refuse to enjoy them and instead want to talk shit on forums? Your loss.

You need to stop assuming things. As I said, I do own a WiiU and those games, and I do enjoy them. I didn't say that I didn't, you're just making things up. But stop pushing the 60 fps thing, because as I said, it's bullshit. When even the 360 version of a game outperforms the WiiU, you know there's something wrong.

Yes, you're "QUEEN GABEN, PRINCESS REGGIE" or whatever shit you do makes me incredibly embarrassed.

Also I love how people accept the WiiU acceptable, when actually is isn't acceptable in the slightest, at least in the same way the PS4 and Xbox aren't acceptable. If you stopped giving in and buying Nintendo shit, they'd be force to release it on the PC.

I've never realized how low resolution the 3DS screen is until I saw that first image.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Have you ever played any arcade fighters?

Yes it is, except for assist trophies which are 30.

I believe the reason why Nintendo is able to push 60fps, is that they spend time in selecting what to remove on stages, and make models of lower polygon count, and do tricks like on the 3DS where YOU move at 60fps, but the background and everything draws at 30fps. So basically, you have the best visuals with 2 players on the screen. maybe even 4. But at 8 players, characters will have reduce polygon count, some background stage elements will be remove (or simply not as detailed or having animated things on the large stages, so that you can't see a difference. Like for example, the background will be an image, and not have the stage start floating around with an animated 3D background). It's all tricks that Nintendo can do. It's all about optimization, and how to carefully cut things in a way that the player won't notice.

Yep and their smart to realize that they should put time into stuff like that for a better experience.

For the first part, it does have to do consumers, because it would save everyone $300, because without first party there would be no reason to buy a Nintendo home console. I don't hate the Wii U, it seems pretty solid, but people who call it the only "current Gen" console to buy are kind of delusional, the other two major console have solid first party releases + multi platforms,

And secondly don't degrade me to some console warring keyboard soldier, I prefer Sony for the most part because they have better exclusive and the expected multiplat games

Then again it doesn't have enough games either and I wouldn't own one if my brother didn't want one

I have about 10 games. Also me say true console because it's the only one to really properly embrace local multiplayer.