Super Smash Brothers - WiiU! - 50 New Features Revealed! - Most Badass Game

GoodBytes

I'm with you on this @GoodBytes, I've seen IdortMasterRace in other threads. He's a perfect example of why people don't like gamers and is a B+ troll.

On topic.. I'm actually now considering getting a Wii U, just for the first-party games, Nintendo seems to be doing a lot of things right compared to other console makers/devs.

Oh look, it's the guy that agreed that a majority of gamers are misogynistic and terrorists.

Keep up calling me a troll by the way, just because you haven't got a counter-argument. Funnily enough, you didn't have one in the other thread also.

Its a shame it won't be made for the regular wii.... It's an awesome game; but not really worth buying a wii u for, as I'm sure i'll it for like a month then stop -- thats pretty much what happened with my wii :/ 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Your PC does the same. The day avg fps will be equal to minimum FPS, then we will talk. But so far, that is not the case. And I did look at what you said about Bayonetta 2, it's at rare moment in the game, it's not everywhere all the time.

i dunno about you but the only time my pc drops below 60 is in games with transitional loading drops

or you could look at games like Forza horizon 2 on xbone or Metro Redux, there are games with no drops

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

i dunno about you but the only time my pc drops below 60 is in games with transitional loading drops

or you could look at games like Forza horizon 2 on xbone or Metro Redux, there are games with no drops

This, my PC doesn't drop in frames at all. Are WiiU plebs literally comparing it to the PC?

Its a shame it won't be made for the regular wii.... It's an awesome game; but not really worth buying a wii u for, as I'm sure i'll it for like a month then stop -- thats pretty much what happened with my wii :/

Wii doesnt have the POWA! The Wii U is really what the Wii should have been. Also Nintendo has actually said that they slightly regret not butting a bit more horse power under the hood. They followed up with something I said earlier were going to build for the console we have. The wii had many great games the problem was that they all launched at once which si why nintendo is trying to space it out this time. They were hoping 3rd party devs would fill in the gaps or at least try but they didnt. Now with the Wii U they have almost no 3rd party support so they didnt even consider counting on it.

This, my PC doesn't drop in frames at all. Are WiiU plebs literally comparing it to the PC?

a mid range gaming PC can and will drop below 60fps in games maxed out even at 1080p. The nice thing about PC is that you can tweak the settings to hit the fps you want.

a mid range gaming PC can and will drop below 60fps in games maxed out even at 1080p. The nice thing about PC is that you can tweak the settings to hit the fps you want.

Well of course, yes, you can tweak the settings. That immediately makes a PC infinitely better than a WiiU. But then, WiiU looks worse than a lot of PC games on even lowest settings. The jaggies are the worst thing.

Nobody was saying the Wii U was as as powerful as a proper gaming PC, nobody even said that it was as powerful as an XBOne. All anyone said was that these games on the Wii U are doing 60fps at a time when large developers are trying to get away with 30fps on major titles. Even locking the game to 30fps on PC on occasion. I don't have sophisticated frame timing equipment but I don't have to to be able to see that these games are running at 60fps. In all of the reviews for these games the reviewers commend the games for running at 60fps and across the board the ones we're talking about have been getting 9s and 10s. Not only that but for the elements that are 30fps (like four player Kart) you can clearly see the difference to the point that it's very jarring after playing that same game at 60fps. So when someone comes out and says all those games are shit and the framerate tanks all the way down to 20? I'm going to call BS. Because it's BS.

Seriously, dickheads, just enjoy your fucking games. You're not going to win some sort of award for being a douchebag on the internet. They ran out years ago.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

No. While not all games on the WiiU at 60Hz 1080p, it points that Nintendo, and its second party developers does this thing called: effort. While third party developer on the other consoles are too busy on pushing games every year, and deciding what to make as day 1 DLC, instead of focusing on optimization and caring. That was my point. Sony first party games don't have trouble delivering such experience. My point is that if the WiiU can do it, than the XBox One and PS4 should have much less of a problem, but third party gives excuses instead, and lies.

Because prettier games are harder to run.

Well of course, yes, you can tweak the settings. That immediately makes a PC infinitely better than a WiiU. But then, WiiU looks worse than a lot of PC games on even lowest settings. The jaggies are the worst thing.

You need to ask yourself what makes a platform. Its not its specs or even what i can potentially do but actually what is on it or available for it. Content makes or breaks a device/platform plain and simple. A good example is Windows Phone. Its a good experience and has great hardware (though limited choices) but it doesnt have crucial apps which is why its leagues behind.

You might be saying it should come to PC and its fine but the problem is that nintendo develops its games around its hardware which is what makes them such a nice experience. After the initial wave of games they stopped being all pushy about the tablet and now just use in ways that make sense which is more close to how the DS is handled. If you want to see bad implementations just look at Xbox Kinect or PS Move. This hardware is what would make moving to PC hard since for their experience you would still need it. At that point it becomes more expensive, especially for the average consumer who would then have to at least upgrade their PC.

The other thing is that the games are not on two platforms so that would make boycotting the Wii U hard. This is especially the case since the games are good, like that good, that if you want to play them you will buy the console. You can compare this to anything amazing that is exclusive to a non almost universal device. Let hey why is that only in X device, Y device which is far more popular and supported could totally do it if they only let it.

Uh, what's your point? Are you literally saying you're right just because Linus or Slick said something?

No, I'm saying you're right and that clearly these dickheads on that whatever show are also Wii U fanboys. I've seen the light.

You need to ask yourself what makes a platform. Its not its specs or even what i can potentially do but actually what is on it or available for it. Content makes or breaks a device/platform plain and simple. A good example is Windows Phone. Its a good experience and has great hardware (though limited choices) but it doesnt have crucial apps which is why its leagues behind.

You might be saying it should come to PC and its fine but the problem is that nintendo develops its games around its hardware which is what makes them such a nice experience. After the initial wave of games they stopped being all pushy about the tablet and now just use in ways that make sense which is more close to how the DS is handled. If you want to see bad implementations just look at Xbox Kinect or PS Move. This hardware is what would make moving to PC hard since for their experience you would still need it. At that point it becomes more expensive, especially for the average consumer who would then have to at least upgrade their PC.

The other thing is that the games are not on two platforms so that would make boycotting the Wii U hard. This is especially the case since the games are good, like that good, that if you want to play them you will buy the console. You can compare this to anything amazing that is exclusive to a non almost universal device. Let hey why is that only in X device, Y device which is far more popular and supported could totally do it if they only let it.

I never once said the content is bad. Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact I enjoy MK, and Smash, and Bayonetta, and instead rushing to call me a troll because I dared criticised the company they spend all their time defending to the death.

But let's not suddenly start defending frame rate drops. It isn't okay when consoles have frame rate drops and poor graphics, and it isn't okay when Nintendo consoles have frame rate drops and poor graphics.

No, I'm saying you're right and that clearly these dickheads on that whatever show are also Wii U fanboys. I've seen the light.

Not very nice to call Linus and Slick dickheads. You should apologise. I think they are two very fine fellows.

Because prettier games are harder to run.

So your saying nintendo's games arnt pretty?

All those ignorant Nintendo fanboys blindly following the crowd..... on the WAN show....

http://youtu.be/0hBR0Gawmjc?t=1h32m49s

<_< Dont lump me into any category. I bought the Wii u before the price drop when there were less than a handful of notable games because I knew what was coming, even just later that year. Nintendo isnt perfect by any means but they always put out something good.

Wii doesnt have the POWA! The Wii U is really what the Wii should have been. Also Nintendo has actually said that they slightly regret not butting a bit more horse power under the hood. They followed up with something I said earlier were going to build for the console we have. The wii had many great games the problem was that they all launched at once which si why nintendo is trying to space it out this time. They were hoping 3rd party devs would fill in the gaps or at least try but they didnt. Now with the Wii U they have almost no 3rd party support so they didnt even consider counting on it.

I'm sure they were crying into their piles of cash. The Wii was anaemic and the Wii U is no beast but I don't think they particularly care what the enthusiasts think. They're a toy company not a tech company, they make fun games. And the Wii was arguably the most successful toy ever made.

Not very nice to call Linus and Slick dickheads. You should apologise. I think they are two very fine fellows.

What are you talking about? They were blindly defending the Wii U and spreading the lies about its ability to run games at 1080p 60fps. What a bunch of losers.

<_< Dont lump me into any category. I bought the Wii u before the price drop when there were less than a handful of notable games because I knew what was coming, even just later that year. Nintendo isnt perfect by any means but they always put out something good.

I got mine on day 1

I never once said the content is bad. Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact I enjoy MK, and Smash, and Bayonetta, and instead rushing to call me a troll because I dared criticised the company they spend all their time defending to the death.

But let's not suddenly start defending frame rate drops. It isn't okay when consoles have frame rate drops and poor graphics, and it isn't okay when Nintendo consoles have frame rate drops and poor graphics.

you basically said the Wii U console shouldnt exist and I depended that. I also never once called you out for being a troll.

I also didnt defend the drops. I just started the few places I have seen them and my idea as to why they had happened. @skywake said something important. Nintendo is shooting for 60fps which most other game devs on the more powerful consoles shoot for 30fps. At times they are even gimping their PC variants to make the console ones look more comparable.

This is somewhere nintendo can shine since they have one to two release platforms and can optimize the shit out of the game. This is something other game devs used to so. I think they dont now days due to time and money restrictions relating to launching a single game yearly across 3+ platforms. One thing ive notice is game being overly large for no real reason that I can tell and this is before DLC. the whole thing with titanfall not have compress audio because of shitty PC's is BS, especially since decompressing audio isnt that hard of a task to say the least.

I'm sure they were crying into their piles of cash. The Wii was anaemic and the Wii U is no beast but I don't think they particularly care what the enthusiasts think. They're a toy company not a tech company, they make fun games. And the Wii was arguably the most successful toy ever made.

Well they have actually been loosing money for quite some time now... The Wii U isnt a beast but is cheaper than the other consoles. Nintendo was a toy company and they still focus their consoles towards those of a younger age. Their is actually probably a big reason to this one that starts with who they would market stuff like this to in Japan and did when they launched worldwide. This created an image and an image is a companies greatest asset for the most part.

I got mine on day 1

I no had money :( I traded a bunch or Wii and X360 stuff in early in the summer (after they announced the later years releases) to buy it, a game, a pro controller, and a $50 steam card. Yes I traded a ton of stuff in. :P

Well they have actually been loosing money for quite some time now... The Wii U isnt a beast but is cheaper than the other consoles. Nintendo was a toy company and they still focus their consoles towards those of a younger age. Their is actually probably a big reason to this one that starts with who they would market stuff like this to in Japan and did when they launched worldwide. This created an image and an image is a companies greatest asset for the most part.

Looking it up they've only been losing money over the last three years the total losses over those years are about equal to 60% of the profit they made in just 2008. So I wouldn't call that "losing money for a while", more of a small blip on the radar. Regardless of what people think of their products they're a pretty damn profitable company. Even the Gamecube ended up making a profit and that was arguably their least successful home console. Not to mention that while the GC was making a profit they sold some 80mill GBAs.

All of which is immaterial anyways. Sales don't make a bad game good or a good game bad. That's all I care about.

I've read this thread 15 times but I can't figure out which person is raging against Nintendo and which person is raging for Nintendo. The comments make it seem like there's a fight between both sides, but both responses are as confusing as the other... Ah who cares, Nintendo Master Race

clip-art-super-mario-340834.jpg

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

So your saying nintendo's games arnt pretty?

In the same way that minimalism isn't true beauty.

What are you talking about? They were blindly defending the Wii U and spreading the lies about its ability to run games at 1080p 60fps. What a bunch of losers.

I can only assume you're being sarcastic, but I can never be sure, because it seems everyday people legitimately have increasingly more controversial opinions.