Super Smash Brothers - WiiU! - 50 New Features Revealed! - Most Badass Game

GoodBytes

In the same way that minimalism isn't true beauty.

Beauty is something that is perceived which is where "beauty is in the eye of the holder" comes from.

I can buy this game for the 3DS already (since like the 3rd October) ...

For the wiiU, I'll have to wait for the 5th December (2014), however I am able to preorder!

I can only assume you're being sarcastic, but I can never be sure, because it seems everyday people legitimately have increasingly more controversial opinions.

I would've thought my avatar gave it away....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Beauty is something that is perceived which is where "beauty is in the eye of the holder" comes from.

Its beholder. And all I'm saying is that Nintendo games aren't as pretty as the other console games.

I would've thought my avatar gave it away....

Isn't loading for me for some reason. Is it Nintendo related or something?

Isn't loading for me for some reason. Is it Nintendo related or something?

It's the start screen from Super Mario Kart

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

It's the start screen from Super Mario Kart

Ahh. Never played that one, 64 was my virgin Kart experience. Good times...

Zelda-wii-u-link-720.jpg

tumblr_inline_mnyihazuxI1qz4rgp.jpg

wiiu_splatoon_e3.jpg

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

This, my PC doesn't drop in frames at all. Are WiiU plebs literally comparing it to the PC?

That is because you use Fraps without knowing how it works.

Here is an example of how fps goes in a game:

image021_r_600x450.png

At no point you have steady fps. It will go up and down, depending on what is on the screen.

And it's Thief, not a particular hard game that pushes a ~2000$+ computer.

You can do your own research, and you'll never find a game that gives you flat results. It will go up and down.

But when you play a game, you don't see the fluctuations.

Same on console.

I would prefer a game that is 90% at 60fps, than 30fps 95% of the time. As the dip won't impact you as much with 60fps as it does with 30fps. Passing 60fps down to 25-30fps, is fine. But 30fps, dropping to 15 or 10fps, that is harsh.

Its beholder. And all I'm saying is that Nintendo games aren't as pretty as the other console games.

Eh. Games on the PS4 and XB1 are shinier, but prettier? It depends on the game. Nintendo excels at making games look good through art style even if they're not technically impressive. Ryse is a damn good looking game from a technical perspective but I think Wind Waker HD, InFamous: Second Son, and Sunset Overdrive are better looking games overall due to their atheistic. If the next Zelda title looks even close to what Nintendo showed off at E3 it will be absolutely beautiful. While I can be picky on textures at times I do tend a judge a game's graphics based on over-all presentation than how shiny or technically impressive it is.

It's not just because it's weaker it's because it requires publishers to put in some actual effort to make something that will sell well. They can't just toss half-assed ports on the system and expect them to sell, or ports of old games. If there had been some real effort put into games early on in the console's life it might have actually done better, but the big publishers hate having to compete with Nintendo. Publishers have been bitching about competing with Nintendo since the Gamecube.

Yes, bad sales numbers and not having games on it at the start was a bad call and def hurt them. They are doing good things right now but also, it is weaker and really won't handle games like the xbox one and PS4 can. The WiiU seems to only be a little bit better then the last gen consoles in power. It will play the new nintendo games just fine at 60 fps and 1080p but they aren't hard to run. I wouldn't call the other ones bad cuz they have good games on them now. If you find it to be the best one because Nintendo is making some good games on it, ok that's fine. We can all like what we like.

Whenever I saw anything about Nintendo the first thing that comes to my mind is fun

I mean, they do not take things seriously and it feels good after COD 13, Battlefield 4 and other very serious shooters, RTS, MMO and what not

Nintendo? hey, here we have a colourful fun, but still with a compelling story in one game! oh wait, we have 10 of them!

I like this approach

You can do your own research, and you'll never find a game that gives you flat results. It will go up and down.

NFS the run? (it was locked at 30 FPS)(*bad joke)

Here is an example of how fps goes in a game:

image021_r_600x450.png

No, that's not the case, if you aren't using vsync you will get graphs like that, but if you run with vsync you can easily set a game to get minimums above 60, and there will be no drops

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

No, that's not the case, if you aren't using vsync you will get graphs like that, but if you run with vsync you can easily set a game to get minimums above 60, and there will be no drops

You do get drops with V-Sync. All V-Sync does, is:

"If you (GPU) can render faster than 60fps, then don't... just stall."

And the problem with V-Sync, is that if you drop bellow ~50-55fps (depending on the GPU), it will drop to 30fps in 1 shot. It does this because the idea of V-Sync, is to avoid tearing. V-Sync is not the same as fps limiter.

Its a Wii u or a 970. Why do you make me do this. Why!?!?

You cant get only one. You know it.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

You do get drops with V-Sync. All V-Sync does, is:

"If you (GPU) can render faster than 60fps, then don't... just stall."

And the problem with V-Sync, is that if you drop bellow ~50-55fps (depending on the GPU), it will drop to 30fps in 1 shot. It does this because the idea of V-Sync, is to avoid tearing. V-Sync is not the same as fps limiter.

thats why you pick settings that stay above 60FPS and run vsync, i do know how it works yes

G1-Skyrim_2560x1440_FRAPSFPS.png

But looks at something like Metro on PS4

8mkn7HG.jpgits 60 locked the entire game.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

thats why you pick settings that stay above 60FPS and run vsync, i do know how it works yes

Sure. But consoles aren't powered by a Intel Xeon Haswell-E 18core with HT, 128GB of RAM and 2x GeForce GTX 980 SLI, let alone 1 of them.

But looks at something like Metro on PS4

its 60 locked the entire game.

And that's my point. You see. You can do 60fps (and I would assume 1080p). Why Metro Last Light can do it. Even if it is 720p or 900p, why can they do it. Yet, Ubisoft, and other big publishers can't reach pass 30fps?

It has to do with optimizations.

On specific hardware, it is easier to lock the fps stable at 60fps.

smfps.PNG

And here, we also render content on the game pad.

8 players yesss so i can play with my friends and family members while you #masterpcrace losers can play in your dark rooms with no windows in your mom's basement.

Yes, bad sales numbers and not having games on it at the start was a bad call and def hurt them. They are doing good things right now but also, it is weaker and really won't handle games like the xbox one and PS4 can. The WiiU seems to only be a little bit better then the last gen consoles in power. It will play the new nintendo games just fine at 60 fps and 1080p but they aren't hard to run. I wouldn't call the other ones bad cuz they have good games on them now. If you find it to be the best one because Nintendo is making some good games on it, ok that's fine. We can all like what we like.

see heres teh thing it doesnt need to handle the games that the PS4 and X1 are, hell they really arnt handling them all that well themselves. nintendo games arnt "easy to run" nintendo and the othe developers designed the games to be run on that platform and hardware. This is something multiplatform devs should reall think about instead of gimping the PC version to make the consoles look good.

see heres teh thing it doesnt need to handle the games that the PS4 and X1 are, hell they really arnt handling them all that well themselves. nintendo games arnt "easy to run" nintendo and the othe developers designed the games to be run on that platform and hardware. This is something multiplatform devs should reall think about instead of gimping the PC version to make the consoles look good.

Games like Zelda or Mario are much easier to run then something like Destiny which was specifically made for consoles. Many games tend to be specifically designed for consoles a lot. Developers try to make their game run extremely well on consoles. If games like destiny, assassins creed, BF4, or other multi platform games were developed for WiiU they would look more like how they do on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Here is my point. I just find it funny how there is a somewhat of a double standard for Nintendo. Sure, there was some gripe about the console not having games at beginning but people complain about Xbox one and ps4 not being powerful enough and people complain about exclusives a lot yet then talking about Nintendo coming out with their new exclusive games people now think the WiiU may be the best console. Because of they style of Nintendo games and them not being hard to run because of it they can run very nicely on WiiU.

If you think the WiiU is the best console its because of the exclusives.