[UPDATE 2] AMD Making An Announcement On September 25th."You ain't seen nothing yet"

Didn't Nvidia release a driver that reduced CPU overhead or something from the existing API's as a respons to Mantle?

And I still remain skeptical about Mantle. They say it is open sourced yet don't want to give Intel access.

Nvidia released a driver which improved BF4 performance and marketed it as a response to Mantle. Which is absolutely ridiculous because driver improvements for new games happen all the time and that's not the same thing as having a graphics API which allows GPUs to shine with less CPU hindrance. Is Nvidia implying that they needed AMD to release mantle in order for them to release their best possible DX11 driver for BF4? That's dumb. Driver improvements will always be there.

Intel was only denied access early in the Mantle beta. Now they do have access as they are part of the Khronos group which is developing openGL next and we know Khronos has been recently given access to Mantle.

Wow, AMD, you really made me curious. CPU? Maybe, blue pill=Intel. Or GPU? Maybe, because the #FutureIsAMD.
Absolutely no idea what one, or both. Let's just hope it's not an APU, except when it is a real beast thing. Or will they release the Steamroller-based Athlon CPU's? Or will they announce some new FXes? Or something like a Radeon R9 390X?

Intel was only denied access early in the Mantle beta. Now they do have access as they are part of the Khronos group which is developing openGL next and we know Khronos has been recently given access to Mantle.

If you are going to open source something, you should IMHO do so even if the product is still in development. I've seen open-sourced projects do just fine doing that.

If you are going to open source something, you should IMHO do so even if the product is still in development. I've seen open-sourced projects do just fine doing that.

Cool

Wow, AMD, you really made me curious. CPU? Maybe, blue pill=Intel. Or GPU? Maybe, because the #FutureIsAMD.

Absolutely no idea what one, or both. Let's just hope it's not an APU, except when it is a real beast thing. Or will they release the Steamroller-based Athlon CPU's? Or will they announce some new FXes? Or something like a Radeon R9 390X?

it can't be an fx CPU because that won't be ready until Jim Keller's new architecture in 2016. It's probably a GPU because Otherwise there's No Reason for them to call out nvidia.

Is it this R9 390/X that is rumoured have have stacked DRAM or is it R9 490/X. If its so they've got the memory power usage down by around 40% if marketing graphs are to be believed. Possibly Iceland or Tonga GPU's (390/X Tonga based). 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

What if AMD pulled off stacked GPUs like Samsung pulled off stacked NAND? That would be fucking badass.

It better not be an APU only, because if it is, I will bash my head in (unless it has FX CPU performance and r9 graphics)

I hope Jim Keller finishes Zen quicker than expected, and they release that and stomp all over Intel.

At the same time, AMD really needs to beat Nvidia. They need to address the monster in the house, the 980.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

For once I would like AMD to hold the crown for the fastest single GPU graphics card for a longer period of time than the average 2 month they've been doing in recent years. Their record was 6 months though. Knowing however that Nvidia already have their GM210 core ready I'm gonna be disappointed when AMD gets beaten again, even if they hold the performance/price crown. 

My PC: CPU: Intel Core i3 3220, MB: ASUS P8P67 LE, GPU: Palit Jetstream GTX 670, RAM: 4GB 1333mhz DDR3, Storage: 750GB Hitachi, PSU: CoolerMaster G650M 80+ Bronze, Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, Case: Multirama, Display: Acer x229w 22" 1680x1050, Keyboard: Logitech K120, Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2, Sound: Logitech 2.1 system

Ofcourse it does <_<

It's a direct fight with the 750ti.

It's actually pretty good.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

What if AMD pulled off stacked GPUs like Samsung pulled off stacked NAND? That would be fucking badass.

It better not be an APU only, because if it is, I will bash my head in (unless it has FX CPU performance and r9 graphics)

I hope Jim Keller finishes Zen quicker than expected, and they release that and stomp all over Intel.

At the same time, AMD really needs to beat Nvidia. They need to address the monster in the house, the 980.

Samsung is installing 16/14nm tech in global foundries over the next couple years. Releasing Zen before that would be suicide and give Intel pressure without being able to take market share, and then Intel would improve things just enough to maintain the crown.

Think strategically. AMD will not release Zen until it's on a near-equal process node to Intel.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

It wasn't ready then... even if Intel didn't get offered it they can still demand it in the court and on the paper. Intel just wanted it for a project they were working on.

Rushing things is what got AMD in this hole in the first place.

Samsung is installing 16/14nm tech in global foundries over the next couple years. Releasing Zen before that would be suicide and give Intel pressure without being able to take market share, and then Intel would improve things just enough to maintain the crown.

Think strategically. AMD will not release Zen until it's on a near-equal process node to Intel.

They have until 2016 to release it. I'm sure that plenty of time because TSMC/Samsung/GL will be using 16nm by then... Intel will be working on 10nm by then which oule be ~45% decrease over 16nm and ~30% over 14nm.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It wasn't ready then... even if Intel didn't get offered it they can still demand it in the court and on the paper. Intel just wanted it for a project they were working on.

Rushing things is what got AMD in this hole in the first place.

They have until 2016 to release it. I'm sure that plenty of time because TSMC/Samsung/GL will be using 16nm by then... Intel will be working on 10nm by then which oule be ~45% decrease over 16nm and ~30% over 14nm.

Intel is finishing construction and outfitting of 10nm fabs right now. The first trial tape outs will begin soon.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Intel is finishing construction and outfitting of 10nm fabs right now. The first trial tape outs will begin soon.

Well then AMD has a lot on the tablet with this next process. otherwise till won't be until the end of the decade till they can get another out. But I have hope.

For once I would like AMD to hold the crown for the fastest single GPU graphics card for a longer period of time than the average 2 month they've been doing in recent years. Their record was 6 months though. Knowing however that Nvidia already have their GM210 core ready I'm gonna be disappointed when AMD gets beaten again, even if they hold the performance/price crown. 

GM200 isn't even near ready for consumer/selling yet. and unfortunately neither will AMD's response till Q2 2015.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

A card that beats the Titan Z at $300? That's unrealistic. I'd say a card that performs the same as the GTX 980 for a cheaper price would be sufficient.

They need marketting, but the constant shots they're taking at each other do get annoying.

While I'm here, your profile-pic-gif-thing is awesome!

TY

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Oh la la! A new heater for my house for late night gaming!

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

300 series or gtfo *tits or gtfo*

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

New GPUs that AMD can actually control the thermals on? If that leaked reference design cooler is legit, I like. Now I wait all week thinking of what it could possibly be. They tagged Nvidia in one post, but the mentioned the red and blue pill even though that's a matrix reference, Intel could be blue and AMD could be red. Guess only time will tell.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

please, please PLEASE let it have to do with a new desktop CPU line-up. i'm in desperate need of an ugprade and don't want to spend tons of money to switch to intel 

O reminds me of their claim that bulldozer was 50% faster than the i7 nehalems and even the 990x. IPC claim was a lie as well. http://www.techpowerup.com/138328/bulldozer-50-faster-than-core-i7-and-phenom-ii.html

B)

tease.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

This makes me sad, AMD will released a GPU that beats the 980 by 5-10%, and then Nvidia will release the 980ti that will crush anything. I like AMD, but they are a little bit behind on the gpu side.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Unless their announcement starts with some BTO playing in the background I will be sorely disappointed.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.