[UPDATE 2] AMD Making An Announcement On September 25th."You ain't seen nothing yet"

Has to be CPU/APU related otherwise why would there be a red (AMD) pill and a blue (Intel) pill. They're playing on the whole matrix theme.

#Nvidia Geforce was used in the first one... so that fact wants a word with you. Good observation though.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

It's a Matrix theme. Morpheous gave the option to Neo to either choose the blue pill and forget everything or the red pill and go into the matrix.

Out of the matrix. See it as it really is.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

#Nvidia Geforce was used in the first one... so that fact wants a word with you. Good observation though.

maybe both?

So will they show us the "F9590" version of the R9 290x .... i.e. a GPU that draws 500 Watt alone because it is so heavily overclocked.

And obviously needs a AIO water cooler to keep it somewhat cool ?!

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

maybe both?

Or a 5960X beating CPU out of nowhere with a 390X gpu... becuase why not.

UPDATE :

Roy Taylor AMD's head of channel sales sent out a tweet a few hours ago. This is the same man behind the massive price cuts on the FX series.

lhxOFML.jpg

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/513467158316077057

I think it's interesting how he tagged nvidia geforce in his tweet.  I don't know, but it seems like a new GPU war and it makes sense considering the reference cooler design leaks.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

but where does AMD mention that " we are going to host an event at 25th of September!"?

I could not find any reference, where AMD or anyone at all mentions that where or how the reveal will be down.

Everyone seem to shouting 25th, but with no reference or source....

@Vitalius

"The new R9 390FX10350, our new flagship APU with 10GB of vram and 18 cpu cores, DDR4, perfect for 5K gaming! up to 5 way CF!"

this is going to be interesting :D

With a plot twist that it requires 3 power cables from 3 different house's sockets to prevent socket meltdown.  

but where does AMD mention that " we are going to host an event at 25th of September!"?

I could not find any reference, where AMD or anyone at all mentions that where or how the reveal will be down.

Everyone seem to shouting 25th, but with no reference or source....

@Vitalius

Huh. You are right. No idea. :| Maybe it's a release to forums & news sites only? That'd be weird though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Huh. You are right. No idea. :| Maybe it's a release to forums & news sites only? That'd be weird though.

I googled it and checked AMD site. it does not mention, only sites at news section

There is no time. I mean what do we now. 25th of september. What time? Where? Online streaming? Twitch ?

It's100% gpu, I saw few weeks ago in some of the Logan's videovideo, some massive new PCB for new gpu, the dimenssions are just nuts, but I can't remember more...

This is why I love competition!

My friend was going to build a computer, and when the 900 series was released, i was like, "WAIT!"

Please amd don't disappoint me ;(((

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

If you checked my later posts (after the tweet was made) you would see that I switched my observation to being GPU's.

With a plot twist that it requires 3 power cables from 3 different house's sockets to prevent socket meltdown.  

yes, and ive you turn it on with not grounded power, you can feel your hair erect with the static :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Instead of a new product that will probably be another APU, just make pricedrops. $350 290Xs to compete with 970, thanks.

I'm willing to bet the all famous “Bermuda” GPU will make its presence on Sep 25'th. The rumored 4224 steam processors coupled with 4GB of 512-bit memory would be one hell of a behemoth ("you ain't seen nothing yet"). AMD would destroy Nvidia's GTX 900 series in the market with these cards if priced right.

R9-390X-Chart.png

Raw power? Its IPC is lower than QX9650's from 2007. http://i.imgur.com/hZzlaru.png (all cpu's at 2.8GHz)

50% more calculations per second than the i7 9xx? Lets not claim their IPC is 50% faster than nehalem which would be more than Haswell. Windows wasn't familiar with CMT, scheduling threads quite inefficient etc which was fixed a month or two later which gave a 30% gain at best but ofc it didnt have an effect on the single threaded performance. MS had to do the same for SMT for the Intel pentium that was released 10 years ago. You can read more about bulldozers issue; http://www.anandtech.com/show/7189/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-september-2013/2 (bulldozer challenge)

If AMD wants to be competive again -> push more IPC out of your chips. Or else it's just done with them or they can continue tricking people to buy their 8350 for twice the price of fx 4300 gaming performance and hope their fanboys will help spreading misinformation and linking the usual fabricated video which only idiots would take serious over the reality as proof. Pricing their 8350's just right below the 4690K to make people think its a good alternative is misleading marketing, nobody needs 6/8 cores for gaming, anyone who does productivity should have enough money to buy Intel, desktop is dying for mainstream use but no you get some 5GHz CPU pricing right below the i7 to trick people again without even being clear what motherboards will handle it. The 9590 never been any cheaper than i7's, the boards are atleast 150$ along with a 100$ cooler while still running freaking loud when you can have a 4770k/cheapest z87 board and an evo 212 for a lot less and noise.

They've been doing decent multithreaded performance/price wise other than that FX cpu's since bulldozer were overpriced gimmicks for 3 years long and now they're delaying their new architecture to 2016. Phenom came out in 2010? Which still has more IPC so after 6 years we finally got a real upgrade that hopefully has more IPC than a 8 years old QX9650. Thread title sounds so exciting, I'm expecting 150% more IPC well no you just see them moaning about their price/performance again; http://wccftech.com/amd-embedded-roadmap-2014-2016-leaked-insight-gen-apus-gpus/

The FX-9590 is the price of an i5-4690K right now.

The 8350 is about i3 price.

The 6300 is G3258 price

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I'm willing to bet the all famous “Bermuda” GPU will make its presence on Sep 25'th. The rumored 4224 steam processors coupled with 4GB of 512-bit memory would be one hell of a behemoth ("you ain't seen nothing yet"). AMD would destroy Nvidia's GTX 900 series in the market with these cards if priced right.

R9-390X-Chart.png

8.228 Teraflops of single percison compute!?

That's a lot of number crunching.....

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

8.228 Teraflops of single percison compute!?

That's a lot of number crunching.....

More like that's a hell of a lot of heat and power draw...

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

https://twitter.com/AMDIndia/status/514663030416625664/photo/1

UPDATE: It will be graphics cards, they are going to announce flagship cards (= set benchmarks) and the reveal will be in India tomorrow!

India? Great, finally something being announced in a relatively close time zone where I don't have to wake up at 3am to watch or gather info from.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.