Help deciding on a sports car? ['Murica]

MX-5 is also a verry good option if you want a real fun sports car!

If you want more luxury/comfort i would sugest the Nissan 370Z.

The BRZ,FRS,GT86 are all the same car and while being price performance really good the interior is "meh" and "cheap" as stated.

You could also look into a used Honda S2000 (with hardtop) Best car ive ever driven!

Let's agree to disagree

The 2015 might be worth waiting for, with the switch to an independent rear suspension and the addition of the turbo 2.3L @Probenja mentioned. Dealers aren't going to have the 2015 yet, but the 2014 V6 could at least give you an idea of the acceleration to expect.

.... So they stuck with the solid rear axle this long huh?.. Wow..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

.... So they stuck with the solid rear axle this long huh?.. Wow..

They got their money's worth! Similar to how GM and Chrysler still use pushrods, Ford made the most of that solid axle.

They got their money's worth! Similar to how GM and Chrysler still use pushrods, Ford made the most of that solid axle.

I was just a bit shocked that they had kept it this long.  ^_^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I hope you're joking.  

I'm dead serious. If you're in America you should buy an American muscle car. Not an Asian POS. :P

I'd have to say the BRZ (Series.Blue version If you can afford it). The Series.Blue version has 250HP off the dealership.

Although if you want a car that will put your head in your seat right off the dealership all stock the 370Z has quite a bit of power (about 330HP), but if your going to be hauling people around remember that the 350Z has limited room with only 2 seats so remember that in advance.

Also im not saying the BRZ can't put your head in the seat, it can, trust me I had it done before with my friends.

One last thing if you get the 370Z or the BRZ, you should put some money back for a STS Rear Mount Turbo. Some of the best turbo's I ever saw. http://ststurbo.com/

I'm dead serious. If you're in America you should buy an American muscle car. Not an Asian POS. :P

The only good American cars are ones that were made decades ago and perhaps the Euro inspired hatchbacks of today like the Ford Fiesta. The throw back "muscle cars" of today are heavy boats. You'd be better off dropping that LS1 into an old Nissan or Mazda. :P

As long as you don't get a mustang, then you're fine.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Get a Suzuki Alto Sport 800cc MT and mod it to hell and back...

Seriously now: Get the BRZ or the Miata (MX-5) convertible...

Out of those 370z for sure!

Although it depends on your budget

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Out of those I would go MX-5. Light weight it more fun. Add lightness.

Now if you are entertaining the idea of a 370Z, its really hard to ignore the Mustang GT... 5L 414hp for a very similar price.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The only good American cars are ones that were made decades ago and perhaps the Euro inspired hatchbacks of today like the Ford Fiesta. The throw back "muscle cars" of today are heavy boats. You'd be better off dropping that LS1 into an old Nissan or Mazda. :P

They're fun to drive, that's the point of them.

They're fun to drive, that's the point of them.

Did you see the 2016 Shelby yet. I had the opertunity to see one in a person <3 <3 <3.

I also saw the new Jaguar F-Type in person :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I go to Cars & Coffee a lot in Pittsburg.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you see the 2016 Shelby yet. I had the opertunity to see one in a person <3 <3 <3.

I also saw the new Jaguar F-Type in person :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I go to Cars & Coffee a lot in Pittsburg.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not :( I really want one though

I'd have to say the BRZ (Series.Blue version If you can afford it). The Series.Blue version has 250HP off the dealership.

Although if you want a car that will put your head in your seat right off the dealership all stock the 370Z has quite a bit of power (about 330HP), but if your going to be hauling people around remember that the 350Z has limited room with only 2 seats so remember that in advance.

Also im not saying the BRZ can't put your head in the seat, it can, trust me I had it done before with my friends.

One last thing if you get the 370Z or the BRZ, you should put some money back for a STS Rear Mount Turbo. Some of the best turbo's I ever saw. http://ststurbo.com/

There isn't a performance difference between the Blue version of the BRZ and the regular version? Or at least, that's what everything I can find says. It's all just cosmetic.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

There isn't a performance difference between the Blue version of the BRZ and the regular version? Or at least, that's what everything I can find says. It's all just cosmetic.

Nah only performance differance is 50 more HP. It's not even worth baring the name STi or wearing a STi Badge.

The Series.Blue still has the same 200HP as all the other versions. Those turbo kits are garbage. They lie about lag and throttle response, patent trolled the rear mount location, and then charge way too much for it. I'm not about adding FI to everything (especially with a budget for a new car) but there are better kits that offer better support for less money out there.

The Series.Blue still has the same 200HP as all the other versions. Those turbo kits are garbage. They lie about lag and throttle response, patent trolled the rear mount location, and then charge way too much for it. I'm not about adding FI to everything (especially with a budget for a new car) but there are better kits that offer better support for less money out there.

Series.Blue BRZ has 100HP per Cylinder and has a 2.5 Cylinder Engine.....So 250HP, 50 more than the default BRZ.

Series.Blue BRZ has 100HP per Cylinder and has a 2.5 Cylinder Engine.....So 250HP, 50 more than the default BRZ.

Assuming you meant liters, it's still a 2.0L engine. Check the link.

The BRZ in all models, has a 2.0L Engine

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I would get the 370z of course... I wouldnt even think about it

Also remember that the 370Z doesn't have very good gas mileage. it only gets like 18 MPG City and 22 Highway. Thats not very good if its going to be a daily driver, thats about what my dads '98 Jeep Cheerokee gets.

Also remember that the 370Z doesn't have very good gas mileage. it only gets like 18 MPG City and 22 Highway. Thats not very good if its going to be a daily driver, thats about what my dads '98 Jeep Cheerokee gets.

I would still get it

If you are looking for Nissan RB straight six engine is where its at :P

You could also look for a Datsun 280Z because it looks so damm sexy.

datsun-280z-03.jpg

If insurance in the US is anything like in the UK, you're going to be paying more for insurance than the actual car...

I know where I live Oregon, Unites States its about $150/car fairly universally if you have a good driving record.