Amazon link takes you to the original h220

if you order from swiftech.com and use coupon OCN its 125.95 + SH

With only ~3 degrees difference compared to the H100i... I'd still get the H100i. It's cheaper, and it does just as good as a job, and takes less space.

Linus stress here that it wasn't meant to compete with AIO. He compared it to DIY loops due to the expandability of it

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

vern021, on 25 Jul 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

Linus stress here that it wasn't meant to compete with AIO. He compared it to DIY loops due to the expandability of it

If it wasn't meant to compete with AIO's, the product itself wouldn't be an AIO. You can't market something as an AIO, and then claim it wasn't meant to compete with other branded AIO's. Furthermore, the comparisons were against AIO's, notably the H100i.

Either way, buying an H100i seems more sensible to me.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

If it wasn't meant to compete with AIO's, the product itself wouldn't be an AIO. You can't market something as an AIO, and then claim it wasn't meant to compete with other branded AIO's. Furthermore, the comparisons were against AIO's, notably the H100i.

I'm still on air cooling tho. xD I think it will last longer (for now). :D I'm not that kind of people who do heavy OC.

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Would this fit in a lian li PC-A51?

yep

Spoiler

pukarific (yeah I actually just said that, I am shocked myself)

that thing is UGLY. i would rather have higher temps and a better looking cooler

first world problems and all that

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Nice, I might buy this to replace my H100, mainly just for aesthetics.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

As far as AIO's go it is a nice new approach to the idea if this is mean to be expandable? Not sure how effective it would be if you did expand it. I feel if you were going to go this far it would be best to just save another $100 and get an entry level EK kit.

Numbers alone I would probably just go with the NZXT Kraken X61 =p

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

How were the test results with the included fans? The test results shown are for the Noctua fans only correct?

The great thing about this is that it's made to be customized and expanded. if you don't like the look of the CPU water block you can replace it with whatever you want.

I was looking at the H220 or the H100i for my Fractal r4, but now I'm probably going to get this.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

It really isnt an AIO.

You can make into a full loop with just some tubing and gpu block.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Do you guys think that this would work in a CM Scout 2 case? I mean would it fit properly? Because I was planning to follow the 'hot rod' look on Linus' $1500 pc build.

Hi,

3 Questions guys,

1- Will it fit in a cooler master haf xb evo (in the front)?
2- Will it be able to run correctly with the res horizontally (instead of the vertically)?
3- Is that a fill port "behind" the screw like plug on the reservoir?

Best regards,

It would be really good to see an expanded review of this or other expandable coolers with more components as it has never been shown in any review that I have seen on the net.

Great value Linus?

50% surcharge for a 0.3c better temperature compared to an nh-d15!

It's obviously not meant for people like you. To get a custom loop started with equivalent parts would be much more expensive.

It's obviously not meant for people like you. To get a custom loop started with equivalent parts would be much more expensive.

It's not marketed as a custom loop starter kit. That radiator/pump combo looks terrible and will probably have the same problems as res/pump combo units.

It's not marketed as a custom loop starter kit.

Yet it is, in fact the product page practically shoves it in your face. Why does the term AIO and starter kit have to be mutually exclusive?

Would this fit inside a Corsair Carbide air 540?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs