The Last of Us Remastered lets you lock frame-rate at 30fps

Dietrichw

Source

the-last-of-us-could-get-sequels-but-the

The Last of Us Remastered lets players lock the game's visuals to 30 frames per second.

By default the game runs at 1080p60 in single-player and multiplayer, but the addition of the 30fps lock may indicate occasional drops below 60. If you are locked at 60 you get no judder. If you aren't, you do get judder (or tearing), and so locking to 30 produces a more consistent experience

The Last of Us Remastered isn't the first PS4 game to let you lock frame-rate to 30. Guerrilla's first-person shooter Killzone: Shadow Fall and Sucker Punch's open-world action adventure inFamous: Second Son also include the feature. Neither of those games sustain 60fps.

So basically they're saying they can't keep their promise of 60fps 1080p

shocked.gif?w=690

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Oh for fuck's sake can't that one release be perfect?

tumblr_m7ogs67mt11qkyhuao2_r1_500.gif

I was waiting on that shit guise, I'll still play it unlocked and deal with the drops of course but I was really hoping they'd nail this one home.

Then what the hell would be the point of buying a remastered version?

30FPS is a thing that needs to die in this industry. Seriously.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

I wish developers would just not release a PC port if it's not going to be good for the master race.

I wish developers would just not release a PC port if it's not going to be good for the master race.

Urine luck

Hopefully the 30FPS option is just improved graphical fidelity, eg better AA or lighting. This isn't really tech news tbh...

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

So basically, they made the game so demanding that not even the platform that they're making for is able to keep up?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So a lower but constant experience or a higher but not always smooth experience. I'd personally deal with the frame drops, unless they are really bad, and take the higher all round framerates.

I honestly doubt they'd put the option to run it at 30fps in if it was just frame drops every once in a while.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Even locked at 30fps it will run better than the PS3 version, which barely managed to run at 30 in the less demanding scenes. I see nothing wrong with this option.

So basically, they made the game so demanding that not even the platform that they're making for is able to keep up?

Seems to be the story with most console games.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

At least they gave them an OPTION.

Thats more than can be said for 99.99% of the games on console now.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Can't wait for plebs to say that 30fps will give a better storytelling or cinematic appearance. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Hopefully the 30FPS option is just improved graphical fidelity, eg better AA or lighting. This isn't really tech news tbh...

PC's aren't consoles m8

eh??????

Capping a game to 30FPS on PC does not up graphics settings.

Wouldn't be surprised if they added the 30 FPS option because they couldn't keep constant 60 FPS.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Capping a game to 30FPS on PC does not up graphics settings.

He meant that hopefully the developers added a 30 FPS option so that they could use the extra horsepower to improve the graphics in that option. Really doubt it though.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Oh for fuck's sake can't that one release be perfect?

tumblr_m7ogs67mt11qkyhuao2_r1_500.gif

I was waiting on that shit guise, I'll still play it unlocked and deal with the drops of course but I was really hoping they'd nail this one home.

It's a console franchise so...No, not really. I don't know why would you expect anything different.

-------

Current Rig

-------

He meant that hopefully the developers added a 30 FPS option so that they could use the extra horsepower to improve the graphics in that option. Really doubt it though.

I know what he meant, lol. It just doesn't make any sense. Framerate caps are separate settings from graphics settings.

So if developers hide graphics settings behind a 30FPS framerate cap, that would be treating PC's like consoles, which won't happen (least I hope not).

At least they gave us the option to choose if we want no screen tearing or a bit of screen tearing.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

It's a console franchise so...No, not really. I don't know why would you expect anything different.

I expected it for 2 reasons, first reason was because the developer is Naughty Dog who are notable for squeezing incredible things from ancient console hardware, the second reason is that they actually said they were targeting 60. If those things weren't the case I wouldn't have expected it at all.

When Konami said that the MGS HD pack would be 60fps (The last 'remake' I purchased) they delivered and it was a great experience, so far I've only been let down once, I'm not big on console games but I love Metal Gear Solid which normally requires me to own the latest PlayStation console, and I subsequently played The Last of Us on PS3 and absolutely loved it.

I expected it for 2 reasons, first reason was because the developer is Naughty Dog who are notable for squeezing incredible things from ancient console hardware, the second reason is that they actually said they were targeting 60. If those things weren't the case I wouldn't have expected it at all.

Again you can have John fucking Carmack himself back at the coding sit and if he had to deal with not only Console hardware but Sony and Microsoft as well as console publishers, this kind of shit would be pushed into his games as well.

Anything that's coming out for consoles exclusively will get fucked up one way or another. You should assume it will be crap no matter who's developing it or what they promise.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I know what he meant, lol. It just doesn't make any sense. Framerate caps are separate settings from graphics settings.

So if developers hide graphics settings behind a 30FPS framerate cap, that would be treating PC's like consoles, which won't happen (least I hope not).

You seem to forget we're referring to the PS4 game. No one's talking about a non existing PC port except you :P

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Who owns and uses consoles and isn't used to tearing/frame drops at this point?  That number just has to be zero.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD