omg so friggen cool, would buy as its perfect for my use case but not enough to justify 1500 to my parents even with my money (wont stop me trying though)

also yes we do enjoy these videos and we want more as like right now when the pc industry is dry/dead this atleasts puts a smile on our face. :)

another point is like 70% of us already have pcs now so its not like we are going to go and buy that ssd or whatever you just reviewed.  :lol:

but an electric skateboard? i think so hahaha  :P

cheers

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Great Linus now I have to waste a Grand on this junk. :P

I keep looking 

SO TEMPTING

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This looks really cool, especially for people living in cities. I do have a question:

@LinusTech Do you know how much the weight of the rider affects the max speed and range?

Put Slick on it and see how much the speed/range drops.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I loved this video linus I havent seen the "outside" in a long while

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Great video, I'd love more like this on the channel :D

Linus was riding a ZBoard... with pink shoes... lolwut?

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

id consider one around the 500-600$ range but 1100 hmm...

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I love Zboards, My brother and I both bought one each of the ZboardPro's last year. Love it, it is great for riding around the beaches :).

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

For people in the UK looking for a similar product, but cheaper. Check out www.eightballboards.co.uk/ I owned the 1st gen "bigfoot" model and the only downside was the battery charging time. The "Cruiser 2" model looks more comparable to the one in the video.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Its goes slightly faster, barely, but slightly!

I'm pretty sure that's just a function of the larger, lighter battery. All the other specs look the same.

How is it in the rain?

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. With the slick tires i think you might be in for some crashes if it starts to rain. But even so i might be getting on as long as the shipping and toll fees aren't as much as the board itself.

I actually find this type of videos really interesting. LinusTechTips has gone over the computer market expanding to "tech-y and useful gadgets" like this one.

Although I might not fully switch the channel to an "overall" type of deal, having one of these once in a while is completely fine and it just plain works.

As Linus said in the video, this is more of a "electronic transportation device" more than a simple toy. For toys, there's SuperFun.

Linus the link to Amazon could be a bit more direct to the product, I'm getting a bunch of keyboards with almost zero results to the actual ZBoard Skateboard.

nice use of gopro packaging lol

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Dam, i could but a decent car at that price, but would i need to, yes byt cool none the less and if it was 300$ i would gladly save for it, very cool

You can buy a "decent car" with $1200? A car priced at $1200 would probably an old beat up Honda civic from the early 90s, with over 150,000+ Mileage, and the paint chipping off. 

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

It needs MOAR POWER!!!!

MOAR POWER, MO FARAH!

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Haha I live in germany and I would need to pay almost 1.7k USD for it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I will get one - even if that means eating rats, or dogs and not smoking for the next half a year :angry:

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

I use to skateboard a lot when I was younger, street and vert. At first I had a very elitist opinion of this product. I thought 'Real skateboarders wouldn't use a powered board, that's cheating!' Then when I watched the video I realized that it wasn't meant for actual skaters at all. It's more of a fun, casual option for commuting. With that in mind, this actually looks super cool. One thing I have to disclaim though, having experience with skateboards and also having a career in wood working I can say that those plywood decks would not last forever. Cracks happen very easily in skateboard decks, not even from doing tricks but just from changes of climate and season. If you consider buying one of these just keep that in mind.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

Products like this make me sad about where I live. Would buy one in a heartbeat but nowhere to use it.

Love seeing you guys branch out a bit more.  I like the idea, and the price isn't too bad for an battery powered transport device.  Props to ZBoard for giving your viewers a discount.  

I might have considered one if it weren't for the fact that I'd probably get stranded if I were to use it as an actual form of transport around here.  If you've have most of your stops within it's range, I think it's a great product.

How was the sound of the engine, was it fairly quiet?  And did you test the visibility of the LED's? Do the headlights produce enough light to actually see a decent way and are the brake lights visible by a motorist? 

I'll take Rumble the cat too, in addition to the electric skateboard.

I think that I could actually make use of this since I live in south Brooklyn, I don't have to pay the Money Taking Agency...erm I mean Metropolitan Transit Authority $2.50 to get around, I could use this.

@CreepersCrawlers