The Division might have microtransactions

"What we're looking at, and this is still being developed, but what we're looking at is...we want to have a fair trade, fair transactions. So we want to offer gamers things that they actually feel have value to them. As long as they do that, and you're open with it and up front with 'this is the cost, this is what you get' then I think you can have any type of transaction in the game. What frightens me is manipulative trading, where you pretend that it's a free experience when in fact you're not being truthful because you don't intend it to be free. You're only saying that to draw people in. Your intention is to make people pay. And that's where I think there's an ethical problem with free-to-play games. Charging for content in itself is fair; I don't have any problem with that. So what we're looking at is we don't want to have pay-to-win, but we are definitely looking at things where you can gain time or comfort. Bag slots would be a thing that if you really want to have everything in your bag all of the equipment at all times. Maybe it's not practical, but it doesn't really give you an advantage over other gamers. Some things require time in the game and some people don't want to invest time; they want the shortcut. So we're looking at those types of trades."

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-dev-talks-delay-microtransactions-and-why-it-s-current-gen-only/1100-6420684/

Why are microtransactions even a thing :'(

Just keep digging Ubisoft, just keep digging.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

well i'm pretty much done with ubisoft at this point

So now I have to guess what the bad news about ubisoft will be tomorow.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

In other news, Ubisoft has been named "The Best at Making Bad Decisions."

CPU: i7 4770k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Mobo: Gigabyte z87 ud3h Memory: 16GB Corsair Veng. 1866MHz  GPU: EVGA SC 780 PSU: Corsair ax850 Case: Define R4 BlackOut Edition SSD: Samsung 840 EVO HDD: Two WD Black 7200RPM 1TB

Oh ffs really?

Ruining a highly anticipated game. Go FU.

Apparently I'm completely clueless, because I only found out just now that The Division is supposed to be some kind of MMO? (http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/25/the-division-%E2%80%93-xbox-one-and-ps4-go-mmo-or-schmemmo/ )

Anyway, I'm theoretically fine with microtransactions if they're only cosmetic, but the number of games that have done fair microtransactions can probably be counted on one hand. 

So, who's feeling Ubisoft for worst company in America this year?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

The Division is an open world semi mmo kinda game. It is HUGE, so it does not surprise me. Hopefully it won't be something major.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

250px-050Diglett.png

Ubisofts new CEO

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

As long as they don't charge for bullets that you need... although that'd be the final step for them to take their throne as the new EA.

I'm all for microtransactions as long as it's cosmetic or items that don't "break" the game (ie: "pay-to-win").

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Can someone please make a gif of Linus for the just keep digging Ubisoft from the stream, I do not know how.

I expect Ubisoft to personally punch everyone who buys their game after this point.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I was excited for this game, but after the last few days that is not true

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

Guys i need more popcorn and beer for this :)) ive never laughed so much reading tech news ever... not even EA is this hilarious.

Ubisoft can pretty much stop making PC ports soon because nobody is going to buy their games anymore.

RTX2070OC 

Microtransaction! Pay to enable the graphics enhancements that are disabled on PC! Ubisoft thinks gamers are truly looking forward to disappointment.

I dont think I will buy anymore Ubisoft games now but thats really the only company I bought from but not anymore, you done f*cked up now

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

It might have downgraded graphics as well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Hooray, another reason for me not to play another Ubisoft game. Not a fan of any of their games, nor am I fan of their practices. None of their games are worth even pirating in my opinion.

COMIC SANS