The Division might have microtransactions

Hmm my brother seems to be right in his prediction that microtransactions will be a big thing for the gaming industry going forwards.

The Division is an open world semi mmo kinda game. It is HUGE, so it does not surprise me. Hopefully it won't be something major.

It's not open world though. It will have a "fake sandbox" type setup with phasing (there will be loading screens)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

i will gladly give ubisoft my money

datalaughing_gif_by_redpassion-d68sw3o.g

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

If they continue this bullshit, I will encourage every PC gamer to boycott them, and only pirate their games. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

A lot of free games out there have microtransactions. It really depends how they're handled and how well they're implemented. Some games are broken because of them, others require them to even enjoy the game. And then there's a few gems that are almost just as good 100% free as they are if you spent $5, $50, $500 or $5,000 on the in-game store items.

Aion, Neverwinter (D&D) Online, DotA 2, various other games I can't think of are all microtransaction-based free access games. Those two in particular are put higher up than most regarding balance with ingame buys and enjoyment, although Aion is terrible for the most part anyway.

An example of microtransactions gone wrong would be the outdated, revamped-time-and-time-again free online multiplayer FPS "Combat Arms". Originally called War Rock and then bought, broken down by hackers and then closed up and rereleased (hackers strike again, game stays dead for years as far as I know), now likely filled with hackers yet again. Your free weapons and gear do not really matter and while it seems like spending $20 on a better version of a free gun you already own grants nearly nothing in stat differences on the weapon, the game is so imbalanced that every .1% is gamebreaking. When you can buy your way to guns that have 70% differences in stats from free items.. Yeah. Don't play this game.

DotA 2 is probably the best example of where "microtransactions" do not affect gameplay and merely contribute to the maintenance and existence of the game. A lot of the stuff you can buy is cheap, sometimes really cheap and available from players even cheaper thanks to Steam, and never will anything make you a better player because you bought it. Lots of cosmetics, lots of stuff to make you enjoy your experience that much more on the game but nothing that will make you get better at it. It's perfection.

It can be good or bad but obviously many people will be skeptical towards this particular game due to recent advancements. I'm not hopeful but I have no problems with microtransactions and that was my main point. You shouldn't be afraid of them as they're not always terrible. That is unless they are implemented into a game after the fact and don't exist from the get-go. This is how you kill a game.

History is our playground in Assassin's Creed. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is a work of fiction that depicts the real events during the Golden Era of Pirates.

We do not condone illegal whaling, just as we don't condone a pirate lifestyle of poor hygiene, plundering, hijacking ships, and over-the-legal-limit drunken debauchery. 

And even if the game does glorify whaling — as it certainly glorifies the life of a pirate — I don't think it will lead to a generation of gamers who head to the Caribbean to

hunt down humpbacks. Just as I don't think anyone who played the previous Assassin's Creed games have found employment as a murderer for hire.

Requiescat In Pace, good Ubisoft responses. You have been replaced with shit.

Now, I'm gonna do what your last major installment of Assassin's Creed taught me to and, well, you know.

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

can we have an ass section on this forum? and add ubisoft and EA news to it? and maybe cable providers and cod aswell?

@LinusTech

A free game that makes money through microtransactions? this i can get onboard with! oh wait the game still costs the same as any AAA title? well.... time to pirate

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

A free game that makes money through microtransactions? this i can get onboard with! oh wait the game still costs the same as any AAA title? well.... time to pirate

This is the point I think most people will miss. A fully-priced triple A title shouldn't have micro transactions in any form or kind.

UBISOFT YOU FILTHY CONSOLE PEASANTS!

They can add as many skins and gun schemes as they like and charge as much as they want...

Keep it cosmetic and I don't think anyone is going to mind as has been stated.

I just hope Ubisoft does not go the route and turn the game into a damn pay to win fiasco...

Crytek insisted they were working on a non pay-to-win scheme for War Face. Turned out it's broken to hell and completely pay-to-win. This will be too.

Turns out when you're cynical and assume every game will be fucked up in some way, you're almost always right. I cynically predicted The Division would be screwed somehow. And I look to be correct so far.