Will it "Bottleneck" my pc

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Nope, it's a six core FX 6300 bought from amazon and nope it's under a Hyper 212 EVO. Maybe if I upgrade to Windows 8 it'll get better.

Ofcourse! That's the problem, BF4 sucks under Windows 7, trust me, install windows 8 and dips will disappear and you will get at least 20 more FPS!

go for a i5 instead, just plain better for anything but strange programs that use more than 2 cores :P

also yea a 500W would be enough, a 650W would be way more than you need :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

go for a i5 instead, just plain better for anything but strange programs that use more than 2 cores :P

He's mainly going to be gaming, it's a waste of money.

i5 4690k and a 650W PSU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

an i5 will perform much better in gaming than any AMD CPU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Not true, in games like Battlefield 4 there is not a significant difference between fx 6300 vs 3770k, only games that benefit are crysis 3 and metro last light.

Please...

Grab the 8320 @xkingalexx

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

It will be fine, just the psu is overkill

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You're fine as you are. Like other said get a lower PSU wattage unless you plan to Crossfire or SLI in the future.

you should get a lower watt power supply

gonna get another gpu in the future

in games like Battlefield 4

perfect bf4 is gonna be my main game also farcry3

so he should go for a i5.. and considering they cost as much and its WAY better than a 6 core amd... which is totally useless and slower... so what do you mean its a waste of money? his or my suggestion?

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Please...

Grab the 8320

almost all games now only need a dual core at min and quadcore at max, so six cores is gonna be great for now!

Not true, in games like Battlefield 4 there is not a significant difference between fx 6300 vs 3770k, only games that benefit are crysis 3 and metro last light.

Actually, I'm going to get into this because I'm really unhappy with the performance I've gotten with my FX 6300 in Battlefield 4. My frames would sometimes dip down to the 40s sometimes even 38 or so and that's pretty noticeable, I hated playing BF4. Thankfully AMD's Mantle came to save the day, now I rarely dip below 60 in high settings also with a 270X. This clearly shows I need a bit more CPU power. I'd get the FX 8320 it's only a few more bucks.

I'd get the FX 8320 it's only a few more bucks.

in the uk its an extra £80-100 which is about $200

As having seen an almost exact build to this myself, it runs well.

As having seen an almost exact build to this myself, it runs well.

thanks that the advice i was looking for, as long as it gets over 30fps on vhigh/ ultra which the card does i can play, anyway i not using a 1080p moniter its 1600x900 and i am not changing for a while. thanks

in the uk its an extra £80-100 which is about $200

Oh, well then that build is great! Pretty much what I have and it's perfect for gaming and you'll also have Mantle.

you'll also have Mantle.

thats a feature i looked for on my card :)

thanks that the advice i was looking for, as long as it gets over 30fps on vhigh/ ultra which the card does i can play, anyway i not using a 1080p moniter its 1600x900 and i am not changing for a while. thanks

Oh easily, though you may want to take a look at the 270 non x card. It's essentially the same card but cheaper.

you may want to take a look at the 270 non x card. It's essentially the same card but cheaper.

does it have any drawbacks atall??

does it have any drawbacks atall??

It's not over clocked but you can do that yourself in 5 seconds.