Will it "Bottleneck" my pc

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Nope, it's a six core FX 6300 bought from amazon and nope it's under a Hyper 212 EVO. Maybe if I upgrade to Windows 8 it'll get better.

Ofcourse! That's the problem, BF4 sucks under Windows 7, trust me, install windows 8 and dips will disappear and you will get at least 20 more FPS!

Get SSD drop to 500W?

getting another gpu in the future and i checked the wattage calculator and 1 card used over 500w and each card has a max at 175w so 750w is good for the future!

Not true, in games like Battlefield 4 there is not a significant difference between fx 6300 vs 3770k, only games that benefit are crysis 3 and metro last light.

Single player doesn't benefit. I'm sure that multiplayer does!

getting another gpu in the future and i checked the wattage calculator and 1 card used over 500w and each card has a max at 175w so 750w is good for the future!

I wouldn't.

Why?

The 970 chipset has x16 and x4 (electrical). So your 2nd GPU would run at x4.

And the FX6300 wouldn't really make great use of 2 270X's.

The 970 chipset has x16 and x4 (electrical). So your 2nd GPU would run at x4.

Got a better recomendation for a 8x or 16x board?

also another quote from another forum

"the question is simple and clear, is any big difference between PCI x16 and PCI x4, I want to go CrossFire with Radeon HD 5770 on a Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H motherboard, so will I get FULL CROSSFIRE?

another question: every <600w PSU will handle Crossfire?"

"Simple answer is NO, your Crossfire will be slightly crippled- as to how much, maybe not a lot. For a definative answer you'll have to search for Motherboard/Crossfire (and SLI) reviews based around a PCIe x16, PCIe x4 board such as:
Giagbyte P55-UD3R/-UD3/-UD3P (and the P55A versions), MSI P55-CD53, ASRock P55 Pro/P55DE/P55DE3 Pro, Asus P7P55D/ P7P55D LE, EVGA P55 LE and any AMD boards (sorry, I'm lazy and AMD chipsets hold no interest for me).
As for power supply AMD recommend a 600 watt for Crossfired HD 5770- that seems a little overkill since the cards are TDP rated at 108 watts each. ASSUMING that you aren't running a massive overclock and have a usual setup ( 1-3 harddrives, 1 or 2 optical drives and some USB peripherals and case fans) then a GOOD (branded) 520-550 watt would suffice. As with any system- buying a piece of crap cheapo psu is a quick way into trouble. Stick with a good a brand: Corsair, OCZ, Enermax, PC Power & Cooling, Silverstone, Gigabyte all make well regarded PSU's, while certain models within the Thermaltake, Antec and Cooler Master lines offer a good alternative.
"

This one is a little more expensive but it seems both PCI E lanes run at X16

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (blue)

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black)

2 x PCIe 2.0 x1

2 x PCI

a quote from asus's site what would 4x mode mean

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (blue)

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black)

2 x PCIe 2.0 x1

2 x PCI

a quote from asus's site what would 4x mode mean

So new egg was wrong (surprise surprise) that means it's running at X4 instead of X16 so really there would be verry little point in running crossfire

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

So new egg was wrong (surprise surprise) that means it's running at X4 instead of X16 so really there would be verry little point in running crossfire

but it says x16. could u change it in the uefi/bios

but it says x16. could u change it in the uefi/bios

You could try it I'm not sure never really was interested in crossfire I'd rather get one High end (well the highest I can afford) video card than 2 low end ones

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

I wont recommend a 6300 over an i5 when you have the budget to do so.

However, in this budget and use case, the 6300 is a much better choice than the i5, I would not change your CPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66BiQsOM9_M

Not worth $80 more just for 4 extra FPS (easily gained by overclocking the CPU & even more from the GPU)

you can save a little more money by grabbing a 270 over a 270X, an extra $20 to $40 in your pocket.

You could try it I'm not sure never really was interested in crossfire I'd rather get one High end (well the highest I can afford) video card than 2 low end ones

would it affect the power of one card with crosfireing on x4

you can save a little more money by grabbing a 270 over a 270X, an extra $20 to $40 in your pocket.

on amazon its a £4 price diference

on amazon its a £4 price diference

ah, ok then. It's alot more over here.

Most likely it would try to even them out so it would try and reduce the X16 lane to X4

do i need a diferent socket cpu for 8x/16x

990X isnt much more (Not 990fx, 990X), but it has the full 16x,16x

Probably or atleast a different Chipset what is your budget?

£450ish