Titan-Z not dead, nVidia CEO thinks you're silly. Plus Tegra 4/4i lessons learned.

http://www.cnet.com/news/nvidia-ceo-sees-future-in-cars-and-gaming-q-a/

So what did you learn?

Huang: I think that I learned we are not a commodity player. Going after something that starts with mainstream should have discouraged us. At the time, it looked like our 4G solution was quite far ahead of the market...But that window's closing very quickly. We're just not a cost player.

What's going on with Microsoft's Surface? Are you still supplying chips for the tablet?

Huang: No comment...But I'm guessing...Surface does mean more than one thing. For example, we weren't in Surface Pro; that was Intel. We weren't in small phones; that was Qualcomm. We were in a particular device. There's going to be a whole lot of Surface devices is my guess. We'll try to win what we can.

In other gaming topics, there are reports you killed or delayed Titan Z, your new high-end GPU.

Huang: No, no, that's silliness.

Do you anticipate that happening even with the $3,000 pricing?

Huang: Yeah. And the reason for that is the people who buy Titans and Titan Zs have an insatiable need for computing capability, graphics computing capability. So either they got tired of using just a 1,080p monitor and they just bought a 4K. My Titan all of a sudden's not enough. For a 4K monitor, a $3,000 to $5,000 monitor, I need something bigger to drive it. So that's Titan Z.

My issue with this is that 4K screens aren't 3-5k any more... Screens are becoming cheaper and cards can't keep up and are becoming more expensive.

Regardless, the price is still logical. 

For a gamer. For someone who works and needs DP it is amazing. 295X has shitty DP performance.

That is by far the gayest image I've ever seen of him is it even real?

Mr.Spock is never "gay". Although looking gay can be debatable since it's not offensive in my dictionary lol

Regardless, the price is still logical. 

Re-FTFY

Before I bother preaching what someone who sat through HS economics can, why not explain why the price doesn't make sense?

It will be easier for both of us. 

Error: 410

Mr.Spock is never "gay". Although looking gay can be debatable since it's not offensive in my dictionary lol

I didn't say it was offensive I said it was gay. If I was gay those lips and that expression would be lookin' mighty fine. :lol:

I predict that the only people that will shall out the $3,000 for this card are going to be people that really need it. It's at that price range were the random person that wants to be baller cant get it, so I assume that even when it comes out, the only people from the community that will see it or have it, is anyone that gets the Titian-Z given to them for free.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Re-FTFY

Before I bother preaching what someone who sat through HS economics can, why not explain why the price doesn't make sense?

It will be easier for both of us. 

You know what'll be "easier" for both of us? Not discussing what has been said already on this forum, I myself have discussed a lot this already. So I'm gonna save us some time and agree to disagree. ;)

I don't see gamers buying this. People already have 2x 780 Ti's in an SLI configuration, which is ample for a 4K display.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

http://www.cnet.com/news/nvidia-ceo-sees-future-in-cars-and-gaming-q-a/

In other gaming topics, there are reports you killed or delayed Titan Z, your new high-end GPU.

Huang: No, no, that's silliness.

Do you anticipate that happening even with the $3,000 pricing?

Huang: Yeah. And the reason for that is the people who buy Titans and Titan Zs have an insatiable need for computing capability, graphics computing capability. So either they got tired of using just a 1,080p monitor and they just bought a 4K. My Titan all of a sudden's not enough. For a 4K monitor, a $3,000 to $5,000 monitor, I need something bigger to drive it. So that's Titan Z.

My issue with this is that 4K screens aren't 3-5k any more... Screens are becoming cheaper and cards can't keep up and are becoming more expensive.

You forget that people who buy 4K screens and actually need 4K for productivity and colour correction type stuff don't buy the Samsung cheap 4K monitor they will buy the Asus 4K which is £2999. nvidia has priced this well if that is what they have aimed their Titan Z at. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

As people say Titans are something like hybrid GPUs both gaming & workstation, some kind mix of GTX & Quadro cards. If it's true, than this explains the price. The GPU that do both jobs. However normal Titan is 1000$ while this costs 3000$. It must be twice or even more better in performance, unless it's still waste of money over regular Titan.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

You know what'll be "easier" for both of us? Not discussing what has been said already on this forum, I myself have discussed a lot this already. So I'm gonna save us some time and agree to disagree. ;)

Then why did you post that picture, you are contradicting yourself...

You forget that people who buy 4K screens and actually need 4K for productivity and colour correction type stuff don't buy the Samsung cheap 4K monitor they will buy the Asus 4K which is £2999. nvidia has priced this well if that is what they have aimed their Titan Z at. 

While I see your point here, people needing those expensive 4K screens for productivity will likely be better off with a productivity card or two like the K5000, or even an AMD solution, still coming in cheaper.  Not to mention they still are focussing this on the gamer market and those with the insatiable graphics lust.  And who are we kidding, those people will buy this anyway.

It's obvious one oway or the other that nVidia know what they have built this and who it is for and, they don't expect your average or even enthusiasts to consider it.  I feel the majority of the butt-hurt is coming from people the card was never intended for in the first place.

Can someone explain why one would choose an NVidia Quadro over a TITAN Black/Z, or vice-versa, if they're both used for similar applications? Do they plan to have TITANs be the successor to the Quadro cards?

I thought the TITAN was originally introduced as a gaming video card. Why don't they just admit they fucked up on branding and pricing?

While I see your point here, people needing those expensive 4K screens for productivity will likely be better off with a productivity card or two like the K5000, or even an AMD solution, still coming in cheaper.  Not to mention they still are focussing this on the gamer market and those with the insatiable graphics lust.  And who are we kidding, those people will buy this anyway.

It's obvious one oway or the other that nVidia know what they have built this and who it is for and, they don't expect your average or even enthusiasts to consider it.  I feel the majority of the butt-hurt is coming from people the card was never intended for in the first place.

Graphics doesn't just apply to gamers it's also people that work with graphics. For example if you work with CAD or photoshop or any image software or game creation. The stuff that Nvidia showed off a while ago comes to mind with the real time rendering of realistic looking graphics. The one that calculated photons and that sort of thing.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Then why did you post that picture, you care contradicting yourself...

How am I contradicting myself again? I still think the price is not right, I refused to enter in a endless discussion with a stranger over the internet, and even explained why I refused. Why I used the image? I expressed myself, is that not allowed? do I need to enter in a long discussion every time I express myself? You guys can keep up the discussion if you want, bye bye. :)

Mr. Spock does not comprehend the act of Homosexual intercourse. It serves no reproductive function. It is therefore useless.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

For a gamer. For someone who works and needs DP it is amazing. 295X has shitty DP performance.

The 295x2 costs less then half of what a titan z costs. So for it to have shitty DP performance, it would have to perform less than half as good, right? Dream on...

Can someone explain why one would choose an NVidia Quadro over a TITAN Black/Z, or vice-versa, if they're both used for similar applications? Do they plan to have TITANs be the successor to the Quadro cards?

I thought the TITAN was originally introduced as a gaming video card. Why don't they just admit they fucked up on branding and pricing?

GTX Cards have more CUDA Cores for the money but lack the 10bit per color. Quadros also are certified to run on certain applications (don't know if that makes a difference).

For CUDA rendering definately take a GeForce card (like a Titan for DP calculations) and for professional work atleast one card with proper color output.

144Hz goodness

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

No it's not.  Totally different article.  Mine is a recent one from CNET interviewing the CEO regarding the TitanZ and the Tegra 4 and 4i.

then change the title to only report about the tegras, the titan is reported to stay already so thats not new, the stuff about the tegras is. What you are doing is basically writing what i did and then changing the source, they both prove the same thing 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

My understanding is that the only justification for Titan Z is special workloads that can utilize all of the Vram on the GPU. There was a lot of back and forth but it seems that when a dual GPU card says "10gb vram" for example they really mean 5gb per GPU therefore 5gb usable. But special workloads can use all of the vram. If we look at the gaming side, you can just SLI Titan Zs and in terms of gaming there's literally no point for Titan Z to exist. If we want to argue productivity, on the other than dthe drivers for Titan Z are Geforce, no? Then it cannot fully tap into the capabilities of a Quadro card. Then in this case it's a super niche product at best, which cannot deliver gaming performance in a way that makes sense to be bought alone on that, and cannot be bought as a serious productivity card either because of the drivers.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?