Boeing announces their design for a spaceship, planned to release in 2017

Jobobee

Since the Space Shuttle was retired in July 2011, the US has relied on Russia to get its astronauts into orbit.

But through their Commercial Crew Program, NASA has been busy funding the development of a new breed of spacecraft.

And now Boeing has unveiled its capsule that will begin transporting astronauts into space by 2017.

article-2618745-1D85DF5100000578-872_634

Boeing’s vision for the future of human spaceflight is the Crew Space Transportation.

They unveiled the new commercial interior of its CST-100 next-generation manned space capsule, showing how people other than Nasa astronauts may one day travel to space.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2618745/Boeings-vision-manned-spaceflight-revealed-Firm-unveils-concept-space-transport-set-launch-2017.html#ixzz31Fswf1Ik

Looks pretty cool to me, I've always liked Boeing, even if I do prefer Airbus.

I want my living room to look like this, except less sideways.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

About god dam time boeing did something different... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

This is going to cost probably $500,000,000 or better

Since the Space Shuttle was retired in July 2011, the US has relied on Russia to get its astronauts into orbit.

Soon SpaceX's Dragon will be available in a manned version to do that job.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

even if I do prefer Airbus.

Do I have a video for you when I get home...

Do I have a video for you when I get home...

Okay, I like both of them, I just rather like the A380.

I do like Bombardier though.

Okay, I like both of them, I just rather like the A380.

I do like Bombardier though.

A380's are amazing, the rest of the lineup.. not so much..

I want my living room to look like this, except less sideways.

Sideways would make for a great conversation piece though! lol

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

well then side ways it is!

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

"Take a seat!"

*Awkward noises of him getting into the chair*

5 minutes later

Blargh!

"Take a seat!"

*Awkward noises of him getting into the chair*

5 minutes later

Blargh!

fc,550x550,white.jpg

I want space travel to become available to consumers to shut up all the 'Van Allen belts vaporize humans' theorists. COME ON BOEING I'LL BUY A SPACESHIP FOR $5,000,000.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

wow! now imagine that being your PC room?? :o  *mindblown*

ninja loves to design stuffs :ph34r:

Details separate people.

About god dam time boeing did something different...

What do you mean? They've been making space vehicles for a while now, take a look at the X-40, X-37, X-51, and near enough anything from their Phantom Works division.
12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

A380's are amazing, the rest of the lineup.. not so much..

A380's are great, but a gas-guzzling behemoth in the sky isn't really very practical. Still, it's interesting what Airbus managed to accomplish. It's certainly increased air travel quite a bit, even if majority of the airports aren't capable of landing one. 

Airbus's new A350 prototype sounds promising; it's the Airbus equivalent of the Dreamliner, which is aptly named. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Airbus's new A350 prototype sounds promising; it's the Airbus equivalent of the Dreamliner, which is aptly named. 

If you're talking about the A350 XWB then it's not a prototype, it's already far in to production.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

If you're talking about the A350 XWB then it's not a prototype, it's already far in to production.

For all intents and purposes, it's still a prototype in testing. It'll be many years before it's ready for service. The 787 was supposed to be in production/service in 2008-2009, but deliveries didn't start until 2012 (only 3 delivered in 2011). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

This is awesome but why do there legs go up in the air? Am I looking at the picture wrong?

This is awesome but why do there legs go up in the air? Am I looking at the picture wrong?

Because it takes off vertically, then once it's in orbit they'll be the right way up.

Because it takes off vertically, then once it's in orbit they'll be the right way up.

yeah but in orbit that shouldn't really matter anymore beacause you cant feel gravity anymore. so im not sure

more ontopic though this thing looks way to concept-like so i doubt this is any more then an attention grabber.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..