Overclockers.co.uk World Wide exclusive Sapphire R9 290X 8GB

DavidTheWin

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18596819

The overclockers.co.uk online retailer in the UK has gotten exclusive rights to sell the few Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X 8GB cards that were made before AMD cancelled the 8GB versions.

Sapphire are also reporting other improvements over just the 8GB of vram such as a higher base clock and additional PCB cooling (not just cooling the GPU/memory/power delivery but the PCB itself)

Starting at £599.99 with AMD's Gold bundle

Hi there

As AMD cancelled the 8GB 290X for now, Sapphire had made a small amount of these cards but are now allowed to sell them. As OcUK is Sapphires main partner and friend for many years, it has being approved that OcUK can sell this truly amazing card engineered for 4k gaming, so two or three of these in Crossfire are perfect for 4k gaming with 8GB of RAM. Especially on games such as Skyrim with additional graphics packs at 4k resolution.

We are also bundling all AMD awards with these cards as well, that means you can redeem upto six games from the AMD store. smile.gif

Sapphire Radeon R9 290X Vapor-X OC 8192MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card **OcUK WorldWide Exclusive** @ £599.99 inc VAT 

GX-353-SP_400.jpg

OcUK has a worldwide exclusive on the only 8GB 290X in existence, but this is not any 290X it's a highly fine tuned machine being the Vapor-X edition with near silent cooling solution. Running with a 1060MHz core clock and with memory clocked at 5600MHz makes this card absolutely perfect for a 4K setup, even more so with a pair or three of these in Crossfire. That means you could play games like Skyrim with expansion packs at 4k resolution and still not run out of VRAM.

Based on the award-winning Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture from AMD with 2816 Stream Processors, the SAPPHIRE R9 290X Vapor-X is an Overclocked edition which boasts 8GB of the latest GDDR5 memory running at 1400 MHz (5.60GB/s effective) and high speed engine clocks of 1060MHz.

SAPPHIRE’s innovative Vapor-X cooling technology allows products to run not only cooler but also much quieter. A Vapor-X product means a virtually silent gaming experience and more headroom to explore performance tweaking!

Choke is an important component of the graphics card. By working with the component engineer, Sapphire’s patent pending choke is 10% cooler and offers 25% more power efficiency than a normal choke. The graphics card will be more reliable and save energy.

Improved reliability and better overclocking are possible by using only high-polymer, aluminum capacitors which posses far superior characteristics than regular aluminum capacitor for a longer product life. When operational temperatures drop by 20°C, the product life span is extended by a factor of ten, when the operational temperature increases by 20°C, the product life span only decreases by 10%.

Along the edge of the card the PCB is extended and one of the copper layers left exposed. An additional heatsink mounted directly to this copper layer allows heat absorbed into the PCB from the GPU and other components to be transferred to the heatsink and cooled by the airflow. This feature alone can reduce core temperature by 2 degree C.

Specification:-
- GPU: Hawaii XT 
- Litecoin Hash Rate: 850-1000 
- Stream Processors: 2816 
- ROPS: 64 
- Core Speed: 1060MHz >
- Memory Speed: 5600Mhz 
- Memory interface: 512-Bit 
- Memory capacity: 8192MB GDDR5 
- PCI-Express X16 lane required 
- 600W or greater PSU required 
- Power Connectors: 8-pin + 6-pin required 
- Display Outputs: 2x Dual Link DVI, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort
- Warranty: 2yr

Only £599.99 inc VAT - WITH SIX FREE GAMES!!

ORDER NOW

ooo pretty, how does it do with surround 1440p or 4k? in crossfire? are there any benchmarks?

I hope TTL gets one for review.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

I found some article on Digital Storm that says 4 GB of VRAM is enough for 4k.

"two or three of these in Crossfire are perfect for 4k gaming with 8GB of RAM. "  o_o really...

It's for multi card multi monitor setups.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

They won't be giving them out for review, they're just selling them. If TTL wants to buy one or someone wants to give him one then that's really the only way we're getting benchmarks.

"two or three of these in Crossfire are perfect for 4k gaming with 8GB of RAM. "  o_o really...

4GB of VRam is enough to play games at 4k, but not all games at the highest settings - http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/04/29/amd_radeon_r9_295x2_crossfire_video_card_review/14

Rock On!

But still, 8 GB is enough, no need to CrossFire >.<, not to mention 3 of them.

If one GPU needs 8GB of vram to run the game then 3 in crossfire would need 8GB each since they can't access each other's memory.

The only situation I see this usefull in is some kind of special OpenCL render environment that like VRAY loads everything onto the vram.

144Hz goodness

It depends what game you are playing but realistically 4GB of memory should be enough for 4K gaming. Unless you play Arma which uses nearly 4GB in 1080p you should be ok.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Wow 250 produced.

This is overkill for basically everyone, but damn, its definitely going to make your system stand out if you do have one, or two...

But £600, jeez.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Just think of all those Skyrim textures you can have!

If one GPU needs 8GB of vram to run the game then 3 in crossfire would need 8GB each since they can't access each other's memory.

I know. I just said, 1 GPU is enough since it's 8 GB. Memory is mirrored, not stacked, so 3 would give you more monitor support but you still have 8 GB in total.

Wow 250 produced.

This is overkill for basically everyone, but damn, its definitely going to make your system stand out if you do have one, or two...

But £600, jeez.

It stands out because everyone will think you are rich.  ;)

Damn...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

looks pretty sweet with the blue section in the middle and 512-bit + 8gbs = best 290x out there especially because it has three fans because 290x's get pretty warm with the one fan they have

I know. I just said, 1 GPU is enough since it's 8 GB. Memory is mirrored, not stacked, so 3 would give you more monitor support but you still have 8 GB in total.

U still need the gpu power so u would still need to crossfire for 4k.

Op why did amd cancel them?

No idea exactly why, likely because they aren't really financially viable, you need a lot of work to fit the 8gb on there and you don't get much reward and 8gb really isn't needed right now.

I can see one prick is going to buy like 50 of them lol.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

• 5 months later...

I hope TTL gets one for review.

They won't be giving them out for review, they're just selling them. If TTL wants to buy one or someone wants to give him one then that's really the only way we're getting benchmarks.

The only situation I see this usefull in is some kind of special OpenCL render environment that like VRAY loads everything onto the vram.

Wow 250 produced.

But £600, jeez.

It stands out because everyone will think you are rich.  ;)

No idea exactly why, likely because they aren't really financially viable, you need a lot of work to fit the 8gb on there and you don't get much reward and 8gb really isn't needed right now.

Hi guys!

Sorry for posting this sooooo late ( <_<), but I want to tell you what I think about all this:

@WiiManic & @ivhyn & @CowsGoRoar & @JAKEBAB & @DavidTheWin: Thats the first thing I have to mention. I own two of these cards which did cost me around 950$ each. Money really didn't matter and it still doesn't. If I have the cash, I buy what I can get: Legally or illegally.... Anyone who is now thinking: "Is this stupid guy f**king serious :blink:??? Buying graphicscards which are not even able to use all the memory in games for so much money!!!!! You could have gotten better performance with product XYwhatsoever!!!" That's wrong!!! I'll link you a video, which is about the advanteges graphicscards with more memory have over the ones with fewer VRAM. The video shows, that the 8GB version delivers " a more playable experience " (used VRAM in the video: about 6-6,5 GB), while the Titan and the 4GB 290X just can't handle it. Okay, I bought them because they are limited to 250 cards, too, which is pretty cool to look at, right?

But then there are some more advantages for me, too, looking for example at the powerconsumption: I am currently just running one card on a single 1080p monitor (do not ask why; the cards and the rest of my system were expensive as hell), because I'm still trying to wait until the Asus RoG 2560x1440p monitor drops in price and I'm able to get a new 1200W powersupply over my 850W one. Yes, the monitor has G-Sync built in, but the slim bezels are my #1 argument to buy them and build a setup out of three of them and a single 4K display above for Battlescreen or just other stuff on the desktop. But anyways, when one card is already able to power games at 4K with 4xMSAA "pretty smoothly" , what will happen if you hook it up to a 2,5K display? Two of them and the setup shown above and I guess I can do what Linus did with the Ultimate Sorround Build Guide, just with the settings maxed out a bit more. Thats the true reason I bought these cards: I am a guy who wants to be able to turn all the dials to ULTRA whichever resolution he is going to play on. My thoughts on AMD cancelling the project are by the way: They didn't want Sapphire to deliver a more "effortable" card with 8GB of memory and lower powerconsumption just before the R9 295X2 launched. That would have been a disaster for AMD because Nvidia already had the Titan and Titan Black and a powerful Dual GPU card with the Titan Z=> AMD had to deliver something similar (both powerful and expensive), but not this Sapphire one?.....Stupid! Now, when the 980 is about to come out with 8GB=> Oh my god, we had something like this just a while ago but cancelled it!!! Lets do it again!!!

I was impressed by Sapphire that they were the first ones to do that. But now AMD does the same thing again but without Sapphire. That is s**t guys!!!!! Yeah, I'm a total Sapphire fanboy, I know... :lol:                                                                                                          

Link to the video (and sorry for my rude writing, but I didn't know any other way than this one to express my thoughts): http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Radeon-Grafikkarte-255597/Videos/Sapphire-Vapor-X-8GB-Watch-Dogs-in-Ultra-HD-1122762/

@Equlix and @daemonowner: I would love to send them mine to do some benchmarks right before the other ones will be available through Club3D, MSI and Powercolor december this year. Holy shit! It is coming out this november! I'm terribly sorry guys. :lol: I can give you a link to the NCIX video about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2DCwmf_xbM&list=UUjTCFFq605uuq4YN4VmhkBA

Read the articles here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/241037-amd-is-going-to-re-launch-the-r9-290x-with-8gb-of-memory/

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/amd-to-re-launch-radeon-r9-290x-graphics-cards-with-8gb-of-memory/

That should do it for now.

Take care! Hope to see you guys again soon! :)

Etienne

PS: Who discovers any mistakes (grammar and other stuff) is allowed to sell them for 999,999,999,999.99$ on Amazon ;)!!! Good luck getting rich my friend :D !!! (I don't want to say that I'm the best at writing!!) Maybe we can share?!?!?! ^_^

Nothing special goin' on here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBA6Vo_srk

-snip-

you do realize u linked us to a video of watchdogs? possibly the most unoptimized game ever made!