Lab Grown Meat gets closer to see consumer plates

The Benjamins
13 minutes ago, leadeater said:

The US has a strong position on regulation, or lack of, so what we would commonly think or expect might not be the case over there. I know of one good example, those super concentrated Red Bull shots in those small cans. Those are illegal here because they contain above the known safe concentration and total amount of caffeine that should be in a food item. They tried to sell them here as a dietary supplement but that got shut down rather quickly.

Another thing I have observed is the Americans I know when they first get here all complain about our meat, how small the steaks are in the supermarket. Problem is what we have is the largest you can naturally get through normal butchery methods, they also say our meat is a bit tougher and I do contribute a bit of that to our beef industry all being grass feed not grain feed along with plumping absolutely not being a thing here. The only meats that should be subjected to that kind of things like corned beef where it's supposed to be. 

Absolutely, It's actually amusing hearing people complain about hormones in chicken and pesticide over use here in Australia where there are actually no hormones in chicken and pesticides are only used when absolutely necessary.  You try and get an Aussie farmer to pay for hormones or pesticides if he doesn't have too!  ?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

7 hours ago, leadeater said:

The US has a strong position on regulation, or lack of, so what we would commonly think or expect might not be the case over there. I know of one good example, those super concentrated Red Bull Energy Shots in those small cans. Those are illegal here because they contain above the known safe concentration and total amount of caffeine that should be in a food item. They tried to sell them here as a dietary supplement but that got shut down rather quickly.

Another thing I have observed is the Americans I know when they first get here all complain about our meat, how small the steaks are in the supermarket. Problem is what we have is the largest you can naturally get through normal butchery methods, they also say our meat is a bit tougher and I do contribute a bit of that to our beef industry all being grass feed not grain feed along with plumping absolutely not being a thing here. The only meats that should be subjected to that kind of things like corned beef where it's supposed to be. 

If people are complaining about tough steak, they need to cook them better xD

A great piece of meat doesn't need to be super tender - especially artificially so. Properly cook it, and it'll be nice and delicious.

I also don't mind if a steak is smaller, since you can always just eat two of them, or cut them up into portions. You're buying meat by the net weight anyway, so if you get 1kg of steak, does it matter if that's via 1 or 2 meat cuts? It's the same price regardless.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

If people are complaining about tough steak, they need to cook them better xD

Yep, always confused me because I've never had that complaint. Though I only buy eye fillet steak, plus can actually cook it properly ? 

9 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yep, always confused me because I've never had that complaint. Though I only buy eye fillet steak, plus can actually cook it properly ? 

I'm not particularly picky on the cut of meat. I don't know what steak cuts are common over in NZ, but here, most are typically some form of Sirloin. You go to the butcher aisle in the grocery store, and you can get 5 different kinds of Sirloin cuts, and maybe a T-Bone or a Rib-Eye or something.

I typically buy Sirloin because it's plentiful and easy to find. But even pan-frying (BBQ is best), you can make a kickass, perfectly medium rare steak that is juicy and tender and flavourful.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)