Question to people with headsets

TheMidnightNarwhal

Was just wondering whoever has headsets from brands like Razer, Steelseries and others and what headset you have and how long it lasted or if it still lasts.

Turtle Beach X12's. The plastic on the right ear (not the one with the wire on it) broke and that part came off, speaker and all. That was after 8 months of moderate use.

I now use it exclusively for the microphone. Even though it's terri-bad (static out the wazzoo).

I know "avoid turtle beach" is the consensus, but yeah. Just felt like giving my experience with them.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Owner of both Krakens and Kraken Pros (both fully functional).

As the Pro is still relatively new (purchased during boxing week) I'll obviously go ahead and say there are no faults with it so far. My Krakens however have faced some minor difficulty in the aesthetics department. The material covering the headband does tend to loosen very easily and you can't fix it without tearing the headband apart. Also, the stock earpads lose their firmness very quickly and over the year I've used them, they've become incredibly soft. Still comfortable for me though, and I havn't seen any hit to the quality of the soundstage.

My other pair of Razer headphones lasted me two years (Razer Orcas) before one of the speakers let go (though it coud have been the cable as well as it was fraying at the headphone end).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Well, I don't have a headset, but what I do have is ATH-m50s with zalman clip on mic, they're both only couple of months old, but all I can say that they're AWESOME. Not a single thing has happened to them. The padding did come off once, but I just put it back on, and yeah.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I have Corsair Vengeance 2000s. They are really rather awesome - in spite of being a gaming headset they have a very good balanced sound. Definitely not the muddy-sounding bass-emphasising rubbish I've come to expect from a gaming headset.

They also have simply brilliant battery life, are extraordinarily comfortable and have pretty awesome wireless strength. I really like them. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I got a pair of Razer Tiamat 7.1 for testing. The first pair died after 3 months. The second pair is still working fine here 9 months later. Though I don't really use it anymore, but they seem like they are pretty durable. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Bought a pair of Siberia V2s a couple of months ago just to "have" a headset, but man where they disgusting. Tiny padding, uncomfortably warm and weird ear cup design. The mic was supposedly alright, but the sound quality from the headphones themselves was ridiculous. Right down the trashcan two weeks later. 

Cheers,

Linus

I absolutely love my Sennheiser PC350s!!!  I have had them for a couple years and they show no signs of wear.  The only thing that has changed over the course of my using them is the foam has molded to my head so now they fit like they were custom made for me.  The only con would be that the mic is not that adjustable but it is still a very good mic.  In fact I just had a friend say that they have never had any trouble hearing me on TS3  so it does what it's supposed to at least.  

1 Timothy 1:15

Obligatory separate headphone and mic post. I currently own M50s but also bought Beyerdynamic DT770 and Sennheiser PC360 but they were shipped to my college dorm so I haven't had the chance to try them. Most of the time I hear headsets break within a year but headphones from an audio company on the other hand almost never break. . More often then not, you'll upgrade before they break. 

Astro A40s. Use them cross platform.

I once set them down on my chair in the middle of the night and when I got back from the kitchen I forgot they were on my chair and I sat on them. Astro gracefully fixed them,  they paid for shipping, but didn't send an empty coffin box.

When I got my headset back they just shipped me a new one, and included like 5 pages worth of Astro stickers.

Total turn around time was ~1 week although I live in Southern California and their facility is in Central California.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Corsair 1300's, I've had them for a little over a year now, and they have blown all the headsets I've used in the past away. I like them alot, but they are absolutely giant. I would recommend them though.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Corsair 1300's here too, had them just over a year also. No problems quality wise, isolate sound very well, everyone says that my mic is clear. Would and have recommended.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

razer electra,my buddy got his like  a year ago and they are still in perfect condition

I have Corsair Vengeance 2000s. They are really rather awesome - in spite of being a gaming headset they have a very good balanced sound. Definitely not the muddy-sounding bass-emphasising rubbish I've come to expect from a gaming headset.

They also have simply brilliant battery life, are extraordinarily comfortable and have pretty awesome wireless strength. I really like them. :)

Another Vengeance 2000 owner here, I concur. I've had this headset for about a year now and it's still in good condition (but I have been treating it better than my previous Tritton headset). 

I have a steelseries siberia v2 its going on the first complete year so far.  I use it only  because the mic is pretty good. It doesn't capt everything like the mic on my webcam does. I prefer the mic on my webcam but earing my mech keyboard while playing League of Legend or any game at all would probably annoy my friends a lot. It would annoy me anyway ... so. Otherwise I would use my Beyerdynamics headphones more often if I was mostly playing solo. I just don't have room to have 2 pairs on my desk. I need to figure out some kind of hook system on the side of my desk or something.

I had Gamescom 780's. They are USB but are really good for the price compared to other headsets.

I gave them to my brother because of the USB connection, I want a better audio set up and USB is kind of just a pain in the ass for recording and listening to different inputs and outputs.

The g930 Logitech. Crap mic and okay headphone. Battery life is good through.

Siberia V2 and it's approaching 2 years with no issues. I use a Blue Snowball iCE instead of the built in mic.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

My first headset was a Razer Piranha and it lasted about 7 years with heavy usage and I practically abused the thing. What finally killed it was the right speaker breaking off after it fell off my desk for the 100th time. I'm currently using a Razer Tiamat 7.1 and personally, I love it. The mic is of decent quality because I usually leave the mic folded up when I'm in call with people they hear me loud and clear with no static. I know people complain that the bass is lacking, but it sounds great to me. I've had it for about 9 months now and had no issues.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Siberia V2 bit over 2 years now. Won it on competition, so freebie. Mic lasted bit over year. I pushed and pulled it basicly daily so that may have been partly cause. Otherwise work ok. They are too tight for my head and I don't really like leather pads. For fps gaming they work nice. For other gaming I prefer Sennheisers hd555s.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Razer charcarias, great, lightweight. Bought them 3 years ago. Still works as if they were new

Razer charcarias, great, lightweight. Bought them 3 years ago. Still works as if they were new

Have them at the moment, broke in 3 months but got RMA a pair without actually returning my headsets to them.