Water cooling in a Meshify C?

Alda14

\

I want to water cool my rig. I have a problem though. I am running an 8700k on an Asus Maximus X Hero motherboard with 16gb or Trident Z RGB ram at 3200 Mhz. My GPU is an Asus ROG Strix 1080ti OC. The gpu is the problem. It is too long to fit an AIO at the front of my Meshify C and I don't think i can mount it at the top either due to my motherboard and RAM. Is there any way for me to water cool? I am open to modding the case and custom loops. I just don't know if its possible in this case with the components i have. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Alda14 said:

\

I want to water cool my rig. I have a problem though. I am running an 8700k on an Asus Maximus X Hero motherboard with 16gb or Trident Z RGB ram at 3200 Mhz. My GPU is an Asus ROG Strix 1080ti OC. The gpu is the problem. It is too long to fit an AIO at the front of my Meshify C and I don't think i can mount it at the top either due to my motherboard and RAM. Is there any way for me to water cool? I am open to modding the case and custom loops. I just don't know if its possible in this case with the components i have. Thanks!

Back in the day... (showing my age) we used to build loops in cases then mount radiators externally either in rad boxes or if you didn't care about how it looked, mount them on something like the underside of a desk. Think outside the box, literally ;)

240mm AIO in the top of the Meshify C looks absolutely badass! Plenty of RAM clearance. 

Image result for Meshify C aio

A good, reputable 240mm AIO would handle an 8700k just fine! 

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz, OC'ed to 4.2Ghz all core @ 1.25v + Corsair H60 120mm AIO

MB: Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi

RAM: Kingston Fury Beast RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3600mhz CL16 (1-to-1 Infinity Fabric enabled)

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super

*bought for $200 CAD off a friend who needed an RTX 3080, price was my reward.

CASE: InWinn A1 Plus in White with included 600w gold sfx PSU and included custom length cables

DISPLAY: 3x 20" AOC 1080p 60hz 4ms ,  32" RCA 1080p/60hz TV mounted above, all on a single arm.

Storage: C : 1TB WD Blue NVMe      D : 2TB Barracuda      E: 240GB Kingston V300 (scratch drive)

NAS: 240GB Kingston A400 + 6x 10+ year old 700GB Barracuda drives in my old FX8350+8GB DDR3 system

Logitech G15 1st Gen + Logitech G602 Wireless

Steam Controller +  Elite Series 2 controller + Logitech G29 Racing Wheel + Wingman Extreme Digital 3D Flight Stick

Sennheiser HD 4.40 Headphones + Pixel Buds 2 + Logitech Z213 2.1 Speakers

My Girlfriends Weeb-Ass Rig:

Razer Blade Pro 17 2020

10th Gen i7 10875H 8c/16t @5.1ghz 

17.3" 1080p 300Hz 100% sRGB, factory calibrated, 6mm bezel

RTX 2070 Max-Q 8GB

512GB generic NVMe

16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz

Wireless-AX201 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth® 5.1, 2.5Gbit Ethernet

70.5 Whr Battery

Razer Huntsman Quartz, Razer Balistic Quartz, Razer Kraken Quartz Kitty Heaphones

*deep breath*

Razer Raptor 27" monitor, IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

It's not a huge amount but remember that if you add a waterblock to the gpu you gain some extra space that is taken up by the current strix air cooler. I'm about to stick a 240 & 360 into my define C with a gigabyte 1080ti

FYI the meshify is basically the same case as the define. Check out this vid (part of my research material I used in my build plan)

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

1 hour ago, Benjeh said:

Back in the day... (showing my age) we used to build loops in cases then mount radiators externally either in rad boxes or if you didn't care about how it looked, mount them on something like the underside of a desk. Think outside the box, literally ;)

That sounds like an awesome idea! DO you have any examples or links to rigs that show this??

7 minutes ago, Alda14 said:

That sounds like an awesome idea! DO you have any examples or links to rigs that show this??

Get something like the phobya extreme nova. Some of these type rads come with their own floor stands and everything.

http://www.au.aquatuning.com/water-cooling/radiators/radiators-active/?p=1&o=20&n=12&f=721

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

2 minutes ago, Alda14 said:

I don't, no sorry, basically just think of it as a case for all your non waterblock parts. here is a pic of a massive external rad in a rad box with what looks like a modded res and pump on it.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8cda42cfb75a3767b1f490a1e1d09398.png

image.thumb.png.49d41c9e812293d0905b008fcc1d8dc2.png

11 hours ago, Alda14 said:

Check out my builds in the Meshify and Define C. As far as I am aware, it uses the space most efficiently without mods.

IMG_6423.thumb.JPG.46f2271429cfb0a53e130619c720e34b.JPG

20180213_233147.jpg

21b.thumb.jpg.58b50a2edde687fc662e16913200fd36.jpg

13 hours ago, Alda14 said:

\

Hey!

i have the same setup as you and i removed the strix shroud/fans and added 2x 120mm fans to the card to fit a front 360mm radiator, check it out HERE

when you say i want to water cool my rig, do you mean fully custom or AIO's? because if you're going for a waterblock on that card you can use a 27mm Radiator up front with the fans and it will fit fine.

also you can mount the fans outside the frame with the radiator inside like shown in this video: HERE

hopefully this helps!

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

im gonna mount an aio for my 4790k at the top of this case, which one you recommend?

I7-4790K | 1080 TI Aorus | 4x4gb ddr3 1833 | Shadow Rock 2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 600W | 1TB HDD + 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97-HD3 | Meshify C

On 10/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, wildthing said:

Hey!

i have the same setup as you and i removed the strix shroud/fans and added 2x 120mm fans to the card to fit a front 360mm radiator, check it out HERE

when you say i want to water cool my rig, do you mean fully custom or AIO's? because if you're going for a waterblock on that card you can use a 27mm Radiator up front with the fans and it will fit fine.

also you can mount the fans outside the frame with the radiator inside like shown in this video: HERE

hopefully this helps!

Bro youre a life saver thanks so much for this 

On 10/27/2018 at 11:53 AM, wildthing said:

Hey!

hopefully this helps!

would i be able to mount a corsair h150i 360mm radiator on the front, while not altering my gpu but mounting the fans on the outside of the frame??

5 minutes ago, Alda14 said:

-

I think unlike the Define C, the Meshify C does not have enough space physically to mount fans on the outside. Even on the Define C it wasn't a good solution anyway since the fans have no breathing room.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

I think unlike the Define C, the Meshify C does not have enough space physically to mount fans on the outside. Even on the Define C it wasn't a good solution anyway since the fans have no breathing room.

I agree, however, if you remove the web like plastic that is directly behind the mesh you are able to mount the fans on the outside of the fram while having a rad on the inside

Just now, Alda14 said:

I agree, however, if you remove the web like plastic that is directly behind the mesh you are able to mount the fans on the outside of the fram while having a rad on the inside

If you're happy to do that, then you've gained another 25 mm, so that should give you enough space .

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

If you're happy to do that, then you've gained another 25 mm, so that should give you enough space .

btw your meshify c build looks absoultely amazing! Its insane bro!

2 hours ago, Alda14 said:

would i be able to mount a corsair h150i 360mm radiator on the front, while not altering my gpu but mounting the fans on the outside of the frame??

if you remove the plastic web in the front panel yes

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 2:58 PM, keskparane said:

It's not a huge amount but remember that if you add a waterblock to the gpu you gain some extra space that is taken up by the current strix air cooler. I'm about to stick a 240 & 360 into my define C with a gigabyte 1080ti

FYI the meshify is basically the same case as the define. Check out this vid (part of my research material I used in my build plan)

Finished my loop.

case1.jpg