Define S, X58 6Core Xeon re-build

Hey LTT!

Few months back i build a 6 Core Xeon X5660 build as a challenge build and it turned out to be a really good PC for encoding and recording as a second PC next to my Gaming RIG.

As you will see in the pictures coming up and from the title i did a re-build and swapped cases and added some RGB fans i had laying around, i found a really cheap NZXT Phantom case but i wasn't feeling the red case color anymore so i switched to the Fractal Design Define S which is painted white, this Define S is from a previous build and i kinda i forgot that i had the case in storage laying around.

Currently the Xeon X5660 is running at 4.4GHz for daily use, before the re-build i pushed the CPU to get top 10 in the Cinebench - R15: Hall Of Fame on HWBOT and got 7th place Direct link to HWBOT

Specs:

CPU  Xeon x5660 6Core 4.4GHz
GPU  R9 280X
PSU  Corsair cx650 bronze
CASE Fractal Design Define S
MOBO  Gigabyte x58a-ud3r rev 1.6
RAM  OCZ 6GB (3x2)
HDD  1x Seagate 1TB

Fans Thermaltake riing 12/14mm

Extra Vertical Graphics Card Holder Kit from Cooler Master

Nothing to special about this build or pictures, just sharing my stuff :P

lIgZdDe.jpg

KkMBI0l.jpg

EVfY814.jpg

KDy6m7N.jpg

cKndWk3.jpg

N0fjDka.jpg

yYgEYaS.jpg

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

20 hours ago, James Evens said:

Thats some old MX-4.

why so?

i legit have so many tubes of thermal paste at this point.. i just grabbed the one that was on top haha, MX-4 hasn't let me down so far tho

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15