Placing a large to go order at a restaurant...

Xanthe_2871
11 hours ago, DaPhuc said:

FL is crazy man. FL is rated #1 for car accident. You can get killed by walking on the street. 

6 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Old

People

Hey! I represent that remark!

All seriousness aside, if you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalk.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...er...back on topic... I frequently make large orders at fast food restaurants for sandwiches to have for breakfast and lunch. I make it a point to hit them between their lunch and supper rushes so the large order will inconvenience as few people as possible. I also make the orders as simple as possible. I've yet to have any complaints from the restaurants (if I did, I'd take my money somewhere else) and most make it clear they welcome my business.

The one exception was Subway; the quality of cutomer service at the stores near me declined to the point I quit going to them.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

44 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Hey! I represent that remark!

All seriousness aside, if you don't like my driving, stay off the sidewalk.

But the fact is you can still get hit on the sidewalk. ?

5 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Why would such person be an asshole? He is a paying customer, if he orders 50 items to go, that's 50 items they'll charge for. If things aren't organized though, that's the restaurant problem, not the customer's. At McD, they usually ask you to move ahead in the waiting spot and they bring you the order when it's ready, serving other "lesser" orders (they have a lot of food prepared in advance, the most common items) as you wait. So, in the end it's all down to how restaurant is organized and not customer's fault.

because if you were even a half decent person you should have realized that, it would hold up the drive through line something that is suppose to be quick.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

That's restaurant's problem, not yours or the customer in front of you. Or do you lot also bitch over shoppers who have a huge cart filled with stuff or do you expect the store to open a new cash register or organize things so they go faster for everyone?

7 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Old Stupid

People

Fixed that for you!

Eh if you were in the drive through yeah you're a bit of a dick.

In store no way

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

5 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

exception was Subway; the quality of cutomer service at the stores near me declined to the point I quit going to them.

Yup, the franchisee hires at minimum wage, plus you have to repeat your simple single order atleast twice or more.

But it is healthier then the alternatives, sure the bags are gassed, the black olives have an added chemical in them so they stay black, the chicken is only 40% chicken, the whole grain is not truly whole grain, the meat slices are very thin. I prefer to go to Mr Sub, as there is a Russian guy who owns that franchise he gets a lot of the drunkards and bums because there are 3 bars a stones throw away, like 100' away, and they are big bars too, plus there is a Christian homeless/addictions place that bought out an old hotel and stripper joint. Well the stripper joint was dying due to city strangulation and the hotel wasnt doing well either. Its a crummy neighborhood.

In the end, it doesnt matter what time you hit the joint for food pickup, they welcome your large order as it makes them money.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:21 AM, imreloadin said:

Fixed that for you!

Boomers are peak ignorance tbh

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 hour ago, HingaDingaDurgen said:

Don't get me started on the boomers...for the most part they're the most entitled generation there is.

I had to deal with sooooooo many of them at the fast food place because heaven forbid they can't use a coupon that expired two months ago!

1 hour ago, HingaDingaDurgen said:

44 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Don't get me started on the boomers...for the most part they're the most entitled generation there is.

I had to deal with sooooooo many of them at the fast food place because heaven forbid they can't use a coupon that expired two months ago!

On the flip side, the ones that gave this old boomer the most trouble when I worked in a convenience store were the young pups who vehemnently objected to getting carded, demanded to buy booze outside of legal sales hours, tried to pass off fake ID, felt they were entitled to use the store phone for their personal use, gave me grief when I wouldn't let them use the restroom (we did not have a public restroom and the employee restroom was in an area where customers were not allowed), threw temper tantrums when they didn't get their way (kids under 30 were the ones I usually wound up having to call the cops on), etc.

I saw many of the job applications submitted by high school graduates and college students. Most got thrown out because they were amonst unintelligible due to poor spelling, poor grammar, almost nonexistent punctuation, excessive use of texting abbreviations, etc. A lot of the kids I trained had trouble giving change because they couldn't add worth beans and couldn't even count back the change. What are they teaching these kids in school?

The kids (under 40) we employed, for the most part, were lazy louts who didn't understand the concept of work. They felt entitled to a paycheck without having to work for it. I was three times their age and handicapped and I still worked circles around most of them.

Don't you young pups complain to me about boomers being entitled when younsters today act like the world owes them a living without having to work for it and are too lazy to get a good education.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

51 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

On the flip side, the ones that gave this old boomer the most trouble when I worked in a convenience store were the young pups who vehemnently objected to getting carded, demanded to buy booze outside of legal sales hours, tried to pass off fake ID, felt they were entitled to use the store phone for their personal use, gave me grief when I wouldn't let them use the restroom (we did not have a public restroom and the employee restroom was in an area where customers were not allowed), threw temper tantrums when they didn't get their way (kids under 30 were the ones I usually wound up having to call the cops on), etc.

I saw many of the job applications submitted by high school graduates and college students. Most got thrown out because they were amonst unintelligible due to poor spelling, poor grammar, almost nonexistent punctuation, excessive use of texting abbreviations, etc. A lot of the kids I trained had trouble giving change because they couldn't add worth beans and couldn't even count back the change. What are they teaching these kids in school?

The kids (under 40) we employed, for the most part, were lazy louts who didn't understand the concept of work. They felt entitled to a paycheck without having to work for it. I was three times their age and handicapped and I still worked circles around most of them.

Don't you young pups complain to me about boomers being entitled when younsters today act like the world owes them a living without having to work for it and are too lazy to get a good education.

Hate to break it to you but you're not going to get the cream of the crop of humanity applying to work in a convenience store. Also you can't really complain about Gen X'ers as the boomers are who raised them. Same thing goes for your "what are they teaching these kids in school?" remark, ask a boomer as they're the ones who basically crafted our current dysfunctional  education system. Not to mention the fact that 90% of the teachers I had growing up were boomers.

Now lets look towards the future! For instance I won't be able to draw social security benefits EVER despite my paying into the system because boomers never enacted any tax increases to offset their portion of the burden and actually cover the costs of the program when they all go dogpiling into it. Not to mention that the boomer generation has royally screwed the entire planet by continuing to let anthropogenic climate change go unchecked (or even acknowledge that it's occurring).

But yeah let's get pissy over some high schoolers who are lazy and aren't good at math...I can honestly see why kids today aren't motivated to work or do much of anything as for me some days it takes all I have to not become completely nihilistic due to the thought of having to pick up the pieces of the shithole world your generation is leaving us.

6 hours ago, imreloadin said:

...Now lets look towards the future! For instance I won't be able to draw social security benefits EVER despite my paying into the system because boomers never enacted any tax increases to offset their portion of the burden and actually cover the costs of the program when they all go dogpiling into it. Not to mention that the boomer generation has royally screwed the entire planet by continuing to let anthropogenic climate change go unchecked (or even acknowledge that it's occurring).

But yeah let's get pissy over some high schoolers who are lazy and aren't good at math...I can honestly see why kids today aren't motivated to work or do much of anything as for me some days it takes all I have to not become completely nihilistic due to the thought of having to pick up the pieces of the shithole world your generation is leaving us.

Actually, the reason SSI is running out of funds is funds collected for it were moved to the General Fund where there was no longer any accountability for how it was spent. Otherwise, it would be adequately funded. Also, SSI was intended to be a supplemental retirememnt fund but has become more of a welfare program.

The convenience store wasn't the only place where I saw the decline in basic skills and work ethic. The company I worked at for 32 years prior to working at the convenience store (and now get my pension from) had the same problem with the younger people they were hiring when I reired from there. And it was considered one of the best employers in the State.

I've also seen the decline online in forums like this where the younger the posters are, the more atrocious their written language skills become. 

Before you go blaming boomers for all the problems with this country, what are you doing about it? Do you actually go out and vote? Have you voted in the upcoming mid-terms yet (or even intend to: younger generations have the lowest percentage of voters)? When was the last time you wrote to politicians to let them know what you expect from them (I'm probably on the FBI's watch list due to the number I've written)?

Jeannie

3 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Actually, the reason SSI is running out of funds is funds collected for it were moved to the General Fund where there was no longer any accountability for how it was spent. Otherwise, it would be adequately funded. Also, SSI was intended to be a supplemental retirememnt fund but has become more of a welfare program.

The majority of congress is boomers, so once again blame your own generation for any changes that have been made.

The convenience store wasn't the only place where I saw the decline in basic skills and work ethic. The company I worked at for 32 years prior to working at the convenience store (and now get my pension from) had the same problem with the younger people they were hiring when I reired from there. And it was considered one of the best employers in the State.

What company was that?

I've also seen the decline online in forums like this where the younger the posters are, the more atrocious their written language skills become. 

Because online forums are the places where formal language is written the most...what you have here is mostly casual language, hence the frequent use of abbreviations and "text speak" as I like to call it.

Before you go blaming boomers for all the problems with this country, what are you doing about it? Do you actually go out and vote? Have you voted in the upcoming mid-terms yet (or even intend to: younger generations have the lowest percentage of voters)? When was the last time you wrote to politicians to let them know what you expect from them (I'm probably on the FBI's watch list due to the number I've written)?

Once again the majority of the members of congress are boomers so yes I vote every election hoping to get those ass clowns out of office before they break more shit. Writing doesn't do much since they're just going to vote for whatever their corporate overlords want anyways but I did in regards to net neutrality. You're right though in that the older generations vote more (hence why everything is so fragmented and broken). Our best bet honestly is to just wait for them to die off and then run for election as it's not like older voters ever vote for younger candidates as they always say "they lack experience" and "they're too young for office".

On 10/22/2018 at 4:44 AM, RejZoR said:

Why would such person be an asshole? He is a paying customer, if he orders 50 items to go, that's 50 items they'll charge for. If things aren't organized though, that's the restaurant problem, not the customer's. At McD, they usually ask you to move ahead in the waiting spot and they bring you the order when it's ready, serving other "lesser" orders (they have a lot of food prepared in advance, the most common items) as you wait. So, in the end it's all down to how restaurant is organized and not customer's fault.

Simple: Drive Thru has a very specific purpose: Quick service, moving people through as fast as possible. In fact, most major chains will typically have an order number cap - eg: 2 separate orders at most.

Sure, one person could still make one big order that has the same food as 10 small orders, but even in that case, 1 big order is easier to deal with.

And in both cases, they would almost certainly tell you to park your car and the wait would likely be 10-15 minutes or longer anyway.

If you have 50 items to go, go inside and order. It'll be easier for everyone.

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

The majority of congress is boomers, so once again blame your own generation for any changes that have been made.

What company was that?

Because online forums are the places where formal language is written the most...what you have here is mostly casual language, hence the frequent use of abbreviations and "text speak" as I like to call it.

Once again the majority of the members of congress are boomers so yes I vote every election hoping to get those ass clowns out of office before they break more shit. Writing doesn't do much since they're just going to vote for whatever their corporate overlords want anyways but I did in regards to net neutrality. You're right though in that the older generations vote more (hence why everything is so fragmented and broken). Our best bet honestly is to just wait for them to die off and then run for election as it's not like older voters ever vote for younger candidates as they always say "they lack experience" and "they're too young for office".

You need to stop lumping all Boomers together. Yeah, some of them are definitely responsible for our current economic and sociopolitical environment, but @Lady Fitzgerald is not responsible for that.

In the same token, @Lady Fitzgerald, Gen-Z/Millennial aren't all stupid either. In basically every point in history, older generations looked down on younger generations, and thought they were lazy, stupid, less informed, worse educated, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Xanthe_2871 said:

Some friends and I wanted to get food today. There were 9 of us and I was sent to get the food from a local restaurant. I didn't call ahead because we decided suddenly, and were hungry, but I did stop by 2 locations. The first was busy and the second was dead, so I ordered there. When I walked in there were no orders; I felt that was considerate enough that I drove out to the further less busy location, but only a minute or two in a line started to form behind me. 

There were 3 parties behind me who all coincidentally showed up a few minutes after me, and one person was becoming impatient. Was I in the wrong? I think I did what would be reasonably expected of me in the situation, but I admit I did not call ahead. Being a value mexican restaurant my order did have many individual items, approximately 25. What do you think? 

You worry to much about what people think. 

Your order was likely a large portion of the income for that hour.  They need people just like you.  Just like they need the onsey twosey orders behind you.  As said above, its the establishments problem, not yours.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

On 10/22/2018 at 8:26 PM, Canada EH said:

Old

People

Try tourists here in NZ. I’ve seen people go 40 under the speed limit, or on the other side of the road, give way to people unnecessarily, fail to indicate. Most awful drivers are Germans/Dutch and Americans, as well as Asians.

One time had someone go 60km/hr all though a 100km/hr stretch of highway. First car I gave the finger too and a big shouting.

12 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

people go 40 under the speed limit

Yes well the speed limit is just that, a speed limit. Unsafe conditions like fog, snow, rain or anything else deemed unsafe then going 1kph maybe necessary in a 1000kph zone. This day in age, everyone has a cell phone so they could rat them out.

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Yes well the speed limit is just that, a speed limit. Unsafe conditions like fog, snow, rain or anything else deemed unsafe then going 1kph maybe necessary in a 1000kph zone. This day in age, everyone has a cell phone so they could rat them out.

It's actually illegal to go more than 20km/h under the speed limit unless driving a vehicle that requires it here. Not to mention it was in perfect conditions in a RAV4 lol.