Placing a large to go order at a restaurant...

Xanthe_2871

Some friends and I wanted to get food today. There were 9 of us and I was sent to get the food from a local restaurant. I didn't call ahead because we decided suddenly, and were hungry, but I did stop by 2 locations. The first was busy and the second was dead, so I ordered there. When I walked in there were no orders; I felt that was considerate enough that I drove out to the further less busy location, but only a minute or two in a line started to form behind me. 

There were 3 parties behind me who all coincidentally showed up a few minutes after me, and one person was becoming impatient. Was I in the wrong? I think I did what would be reasonably expected of me in the situation, but I admit I did not call ahead. Being a value mexican restaurant my order did have many individual items, approximately 25. What do you think? 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Why would you be in the wrong? It's the establishment's problem. They should know how to handle these situations.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

if you weren't an asshole who waited in a drive through line with 15-20 orders your fine. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

8 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

local restaurant

What type of food do they dish up?

How many seat restaurant is it?

If you were trying to decide, and holding up the line then that is totally wrong. If you were actually placing an order then I say it was ok.

1 minute ago, GDRRiley said:

if you weren't an asshole who waited in a drive through line with 15-20 orders your fine. 

That is the drive throughs fault, there is a reason McDonalds has drive through parking stalls.

Just now, Canada EH said:

That is the drive throughs fault, there is a reason McDonalds has drive through parking stalls.

I know, I'm saying that'd be the 1 case where you truly were an ass. 

This was an In and Out a few decades ago. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

What type of food do they dish up?

How many seat restaurant is it?

If you were trying to decide, and holding up the line then that is totally wrong. If you were actually placing an order then I say it was ok.

I was reading off my phone, the order was already decided on.

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

13 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Being a value mexican restaurant my order did have many individual items, approximately 25. What do you think? 

Ah mexican, I hope there were no bathroom visits after eating that.

Also restaurants can have very crappy line cooks or very good line cooks, spit out the dishes fast or slow.

Special sauces may take extra time.

Do not discount the service either, some waiters are crappy, just look at McDonalds when you see your order ready to go, sitting on the table. Minimum wage!

so there was a dude behind you getting impatient?

well he can always go fuck himself or to a different restaurant if he doesn't wants to wait like more than 10 seconds for something, why would that be your fault, OP?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

If someone behind you has a problem with waiting then they can leave, that's their problem. Your money is just as good as any other customers' in line. There was this one chinese restaurant in a previous town I lived in that I frequented weekly and their primary form of ordering was take-out, I would be the only person in the restaurant but still have to wait 20 minutes to get my food as several people had usually called in orders before I got there that they had to do first. I understand that I have to wait my turn and that doesn't bother me. If it bothers people then they need to rethink what it is that makes them think they're more special than everyone else...

15 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

No, but I still remember the time some ass in a truck was keeping all the drive through cars waiting at a Taco Bell. He wanted a refund and refused to move until he got it. The restaurant stuck to their guns, because they had already remade his order entirely and given him extra free food.

I remember thinking "Man, I wish I was in one of the Southern States right now. Someone would just shoot through his back window and he'd move ?."

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

He wanted a refund and refused to move until he got it.

That's when the manager should have called the police and had him removed from the premises as he would technically be trespassing if he stayed there after being told to leave. I've had to deal with that shit on more than one occasion unfortunately when I was the night supervisor at a fast food chain during high school. God I love it when I get to see cocky a-holes get their comeuppance xD

16 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

That's when the manager should have called the police and had him removed from the premises as he would technically be trespassing if he stayed there after being told to leave. I've had to deal with that shit on more than one occasion unfortunately when I was the night supervisor at a fast food chain during high school. God I love it when I get to see cocky a-holes get their comeuppance xD

That reminds me of the 5 1/2 years I worked third shift at a convenience store. We got some really delightful characters in there (one of our trainers said third shift was when the scum came out from under their rocks). I had to call the police on trouble makers, especially the privileged characters that didn't think they needed to be carded, shoplifters, beer runners, cigarette bandits, drunks, etc. numerous times. It helped that I'm part Irish, part German, and total bitch.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

13 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

That reminds me

Ah yesssssssss the after midnight crowd, yessssss yesssss yessss

Drooling at the table

Mumbling

Ego's inflated

Chests puffed out

Past out on the seat of the kids table at McD's when the cops nudge 'em and he comes up swinging, love it, thats entertainment until you see on the news puffy chest punching a handcuffed criminal. That is just down right cowardly. No mano-e-mano no more :(

Lippy people are good to fuck with, sometimes I do it if I am in the mood. But when they are drunk or high, its not worth it. The stare down is boring, why not get it on is what I say, let them do the first move and its self defense from there on out.

Shoot in the back and ask questions later, now thats manly. ;)

Texas!

CNN Breaking News pan out from boring Trump news to "Man shot in his back at a Taco Bell"

Anderson Cooper asks why, reporter says "Well he wanted a refund on the bad chicken taco runs" Ooops I thought I saw a gun, no mister that was his bad taco.

42 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

shoot through his back window

40 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Shoot in the back and ask questions later, now thats manly. ;)

Texas!

CNN Breaking News pan out from boring Trump news to "Man shot in his back at a Taco Bell"

Anderson Cooper asks why, reporter says "Well he wanted a refund on the bad chicken taco runs" Ooops I thought I saw a gun, no mister that was his bad taco.

Honestly this is more a Florida Man thing to me

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

7 minutes ago, 2FA said:

Honestly this is more a Florida Man thing to me

FL is crazy man. FL is rated #1 for car accident. You can get killed by walking on the street. 

It really sucks making a huge order without a little warning. 

For all those saying, oh it's the establishments problem, well would you like it if you had to do a huge order out of nowhere? 

I'm not saying it's your fault either, I mean if they weren't too busy it's fine. 

Like at subway, when someone asks for 30 subs well... Wouldn't you be pissed? 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

in the wrong? no

inconsiderate? yes.

if you know you're going to be getting a large amount of food, give the store a call before you get there to make sure there wont be an issue and just to give them some warning

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

16 minutes ago, Arika S said:

in the wrong? no

inconsiderate? yes.

if you know you're going to be getting a large amount of food, give the store a call before you get there to make sure there wont be an issue and just to give them some warning

How is it inconsiderate? They're going to have to cook a large order regardless, I doubt @Xanthe_2871 was yelling at them for taking too long. I don't see the big deal in waiting the restaurant while they cook it versus waiting at home. It's also going to inconvenience the other patrons just as much as the restaurant has the same number of cooks regardless so they'll still have to work around the large order. At least with going in to order it the people know that a large order is the reason things are backed up instead of just not knowing as would be the case with a phone order.

59 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

FL is crazy man. FL is rated #1 for car accident. You can get killed by walking on the street. 

I commuted 64 miles round trip from Fort Lauderdale to Boca Raton for 2 years so I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm still surprised to this day that I never got into an accident. There were numerous close calls but thankfully I actually pay attention when I drive instead of dicking around on my phone like everyone else xD

30 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

How is it inconsiderate? They're going to have to cook a large order regardless, I doubt @Xanthe_2871 was yelling at them for taking too long. I don't see the big deal in waiting the restaurant while they cook it versus waiting at home. It's also going to inconvenience the other patrons just as much as the restaurant has the same number of cooks regardless so they'll still have to work around the large order. At least with going in to order it the people know that a large order is the reason things are backed up instead of just not knowing as would be the case with a phone order.

I commuted 64 miles round trip from Fort Lauderdale to Boca Raton for 2 years so I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm still surprised to this day that I never got into an accident. There were numerous close calls but thankfully I actually pay attention when I drive instead of dicking around on my phone like everyone else xD

I was recently let go from my management job and started working at Pizza Hut as a delivery driver. I'm actually making more per hour, though no benefits. I would say my order today at the Mexican place would be like a 9 pizza order at PH. No need for advanced warning on that unless you needed at a particular time. 

Now, if I wanted 200 pizzas, yeah that should be made in advance. My work doesn't even have 200 of any one crust type preped each day. We'd being in more people and be ready. 

I also worked at a restaurant as a waitress for a year, and again I don't feel my order was large enough to justify advance notice. It was big but it wasn't some $300 order. I spent like $60. 

@Arika S

They are there to provide a service, they are cooking food. You are exchanging money for those services. Not your problem, not your fault, you're not in the wrong.

1 hour ago, imreloadin said:

FL driving is like this

Green light on interstates with no traffic jam: below 35 mph on 40 - 45 mph interstates.

Yellow light on more than 10 meters away on interstates with no traffic jam: step on the gas 60 mph+ on 45 mph interstates. 

These drivers driving like they are asleep at the green light, which is annoying to me because I have to switch to a different lane to pass these slow pokers at the green light, but when they see the yellow traffic light, they step on the gas like " Holy sh*t, I am about to be late for whatever crap I am planning." 

4 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

FL driving is like this

Green light on interstates with no traffic jam: below 35 mph on 40 - 45 mph interstates.

Yellow light on more than 10 meters away on interstates with no traffic jam: step on the gas 60 mph+ on 45 mph interstates. 

These drivers driving like they are asleep at the green light, but when they see the yellow traffic light, they step on the gas like " Holy sh*t, I am about to be late for whatever crap I am planning." 

Yeah, I was thrilled when I was able to go 45 on the interstate. It once took me 3 hours to get home, sooooo glad I'm out of that congested clusterfuck of an area.

5 hours ago, DaPhuc said:

Old

People

7 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

Why would such person be an asshole? He is a paying customer, if he orders 50 items to go, that's 50 items they'll charge for. If things aren't organized though, that's the restaurant problem, not the customer's. At McD, they usually ask you to move ahead in the waiting spot and they bring you the order when it's ready, serving other "lesser" orders (they have a lot of food prepared in advance, the most common items) as you wait. So, in the end it's all down to how restaurant is organized and not customer's fault.