The $69 Gaming PC RETURNS

Technically the $27 gaming PC

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Just now, nicklmg said:

By the time you add the graphics card it's a bit more :) 

Still, testing was done without one

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

Just now, firelighter487 said:

do a follow up playing games on it using Linux. then it will be true to the budget. now you'd have to factor Windows into the budget. 

Many of these PCs will come with Win7 installed

She/they 

can get i5 2400 dekstop for this price off ebay why use core 2 duo its way slower they even have i7 2600 and i7 3770 desktops for around $100-150

14:40
Linus:"This was awesome"
Riley: :)
Linus: "The build value is amazing"
Riley: oh.. :(

Oh, and they mispelled his name there too.

32 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

By the time you add the graphics card it's a bit more :) 

Still, testing was done without one

All of the testing and results shown in the video was done using the GTX 650 which they bought separately.

I wonder what @jonnyGURU will have to say when he sees this video. https://youtu.be/ZAFuawsN-1I?t=341 (5:40)
Suggesting the possibility of cutting off a floppy drive power cable and soldering it to a PCIe power connector to power your GPU? I haven't seen such awful computer advice in a youtube video since The Verge built a PC.

We're going to get someone watch this video then come here to the forums and ask "Guys I have a crappy PC from Dell, Linus said in a video if I cut these wires I could plug them in to my GPU, but when I did it made a bang and now my system doesn't boot". :D

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

This seemed quite blurry, even though I was watching in 1080p. It looked almost like it was displaying 720p but the display was scaling to 1080p.

Was that planned, or just a production bug?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

45 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

do a follow up playing games on it using Linux. then it will be true to the budget. now you'd have to factor Windows into the budget. 

Definitely cheaper. May even have less driver issues. Perhaps Wendell from Level1 can help?

A lot of fun to watch, and a lot of fun to glean ideas from for the sake of a birthday present I need to get soon for a young friend I have.

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

This seemed quite blurry, even though I was watching in 1080p. It looked almost like it was displaying 720p but the display was scaling to 1080p.

Was that planned, or just a production bug?

Sometimes when a video is newly uploaded to youtube it plays in a lower quality.

Recently I've noticed the videos with the new shooter have had a few issues with the camera sometimes being ever so slightly out of focus, or when adjusting the focus it being more noticeable and less of a smooth transition. From what I've seen they've struggled slightly with focusing shots of images on screens, and the transition from focusing on a person to an object that person may be holding at a different depth from the camera.

For example you can see the focus adjustment made at around 7:01, as well as the staggered and slightly blurred zoom out at around 8:15, and subsequent few seconds of refocusing trying to correct. Also at 8:36 when Linus points to the screen there appears to be some struggle to get it to focus on the screen and a bit of camera wobble. Again transitioning back off the screen on to the hosts at 9:21.

Quite a bit of camera wobble throughout the video, so perhaps they weren't using the backpack camera mount (Gimbal?) we've seen LMG/Brandon use before.

Spoiler

image.png.820cd8d0ad2f57d430a0c4ae039d107a.png

image.png.307415ac644ad580ae3d89b1a5ee47c0.png

image.png.03521a8f0f3ccf5706bc66e7d13d838a.png

Realistically you're going to get a bit of focus adjustment blur no matter what, but quite a few times in the other videos I've noticed it in, it appears that they've adjusted for the focus but have then over corrected it, then made a couple of noticeable extra adjustments trying to fine tune it to get it right (sometimes making it worse). It's a little bit more obvious in some of the other recent videos, but I can't remember which ones. Could just be that they're not as familiar with the gear or maybe lacking a little bit of confidence.

They're still new so I'm sure with time they will improve. With more experience with the cameras LMG uses they will get a better feel for the equipment and naturally would improve.

If Brandon(?) is still training the new guy and is looking for areas for them to improve, might be worthwhile reviewing their transitions between focus and zoom and offering some tips or just getting them to practice adjusting the focus/zoom on the cameras a bit more. I'm sure Brandon will have his own standards for what is acceptable and what can be improved.

Also probably takes a while to learn how to predict and adjust on the fly to Linus' energetic hosting style when he's moving all over the place :D

(Lots of love to the new guy and rest of the team at LMG, just something I've noticed in recent videos and trying to offer some constructive feedback to help improve)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

@nicklmg Hey guys, I have an old Radeon XFX ATI HD-545X card from my parents' old 380 that I saved before we threw it out. I never got a chance to really play any games on it because it was never really properly installed.. I'd love to lend it to you for...testing purposes. 

notice me plz

An advice, dont buy an GTX 650, go for the GTX 750, so you dont need to use the pci connector, also you will gain a lot of performance, and cost just 20 bucks more than the GTX 650. (Right now in ebay there is a 750ti at 41 bucks)

3 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Buy gaming PCs on Amazon: http://geni.us/PIxaLq

You said that high school students could get grey market Windows keys. They really should use Linux. Linux is free and the games you showed work on Linux. :)

Loved the gag at the end of the video, but Riley looked so sad, wow Linus you really shouldn't treat your employees so poorly.

Sarcasm, obviously.

Great video, really enjoyed it!

That's some ironical timing. Having never owned a SFF PC before, I got two Optiplex 7010's, both with i5 3570's and 4gb in two dimms, last week for $26 a piece. Looks like Linus via Riley lost a blowout Small-Form-Factor Scrapyard Wars he didn't even know he was participating in, awwwwwwwww yeaah.

When making these videos I would like to see and OSD like msi afterburner so we can see what is bottlenecking. 

I feel like they could of got a Used Gt 1030 for a good price and used that instead

4 hours ago, -Koch- said:

An advice, dont buy an GTX 650, go for the GTX 750, so you dont need to use the pci connector, also you will gain a lot of performance, and cost just 20 bucks more than the GTX 650. (Right now in ebay there is a 750ti at 41 bucks)

I dont see that on fleabay at all, one is $0.01 with 40 watching and s/h of $70 another is $100 inc s/h but from China so its probably a fake. Oh wait, I see now well I always put the list from cheapest to expensive yet ebay doesnt do that, must be ad revenue, same messed up system they do with Kijiji ads from across country when you got it listed for your city. All the $70 ones are from China, cant trust that not at all. Not worth the hassle!

As for cheapest, well there are a few different ways to a cheap if not free solution.

Can anyone tell my what the system was that they built?

In this case a GDDR5 GT1030 would have been a more elegant solution, as no modding would be required to install it, and it would put significantly less stress on the already wimpy PSU (If I remember correctly the PSU on that thing is in the 180 to 220 watt ballpark).

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

Can anyone tell my what the system was that they built?

This build + GeForce GTX 650 GPU they added.

Capture.JPG.678a5dc9aec2908b6f09c668f58d0367.JPG

Motherboard and PSU were all OEM so it's only the CPU, GPU and the 4GB DDR3 RAM.

I beat that by a frigging mile.

i7-920 + X58 + 12GB + CX500 + ATX Case + W7 for $100cdn which is equal to their $70usd

Throw in a X5650 for an extra $20cdn

No gpu tho :(

I come across those deals all the time, so why is it in Vancouver they cant score those?