specs

i3 3240

gt 1030 gddr5

6gb of ram

1 ssd 2 hard drives

Oem Dell Mobo

240watt psu

----

So i play gta 5 alot and it runs great for the first 5-10 minutes then it goes from 45-50 fps to 20-30 fps And i can fricking figure out why 

My settings are at high and normal

And im so confused cause if it runs good for abit why does it start dropping frames and then pretty much become unplayable 

1 minute ago, Mattk13 said:

specs

i3 3240

gt 1030 gddr5

6gb of ram

1 ssd 2 hard drives

Oem Dell Mobo

240watt psu

----

So i play gta 5 alot and it runs great for the first 5-10 minutes then it goes from 45-50 fps to 20-30 fps And i can fricking figure out why  

My settings are at high and normal

And im so confused cause if it runs good for abit why does it start dropping frames and then pretty much become unplayable 

Have you checked your temperatures? Try using something like MSI afterburner for statistics to see what you CPU and GPU usage and temperatures are.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

On 10/5/2018 at 4:37 AM, martward said:

Have you checked your temperatures? Try using something like MSI afterburner for statistics to see what you CPU and GPU usage and temperatures are.

my i3 usally at 40 normaly then when gta starts going ive seen it get up to 60 

On 10/5/2018 at 4:37 AM, Shimejii said:

Your vram or computer ram is probably getting filled and after that it throttles hard.

its not the vram cause ive seen people play at 70 at the settings i use and its fine so its the processor or the ram

Just now, Mattk13 said:

its not the vram cause ive seen people play at 70 at the settings i use and its fine so its the processor or the ram

i would bet it is the 6 gigs of ram, or the cpu struggling after a little bit.

my i3 usally at 40 normaly then when gta starts going ive seen it get up to 60 

And your GPU? And what about the usage of your CPU and GPU? If one of them is at 100% while the other is sitting on it's arse than you can figure out which of them is slowing you down.

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

On 10/5/2018 at 4:40 AM, Shimejii said:

i would bet it is the 6 gigs of ram, or the cpu struggling after a little bit.

the processor struggling? how im confused still XD

On 10/5/2018 at 4:41 AM, martward said:

And your GPU? And what about the usage of your CPU and GPU? If one of them is at 100% while the other is sitting on it's arse than you can figure out which of them is slowing you down.

my gpu is usally 45 50 with gaming

my gpu is usally 45 50 with gaming

What monitoring software are you using?

My System:

Spoiler

On 10/5/2018 at 4:44 AM, martward said:

What monitoring software are you using?

Speccy 

Specs.PNG.b61da8963a3613be184069b9a78d30a4.PNG

specs

i3 3240

gt 1030 gddr5

6gb of ram

1 ssd 2 hard drives

I drop frames alot in gta and im thinking its the CPU let me know

Just now, Mattk13 said:

Speccy 

Okay Yeah I can't really help you. If you want people to give you a more useful answer then I'd really suggest you install MSI Afterburner and check at least the following things:

- CPU usage (all cores)

- CPU temps

- GPU core usage

- GPU memory usage

- GPU temps

- Memory Usage

It does sound like a buffer filling up, this should at least give you a good idea of which component it is that is causing the slow down.

My System:

Spoiler

It's the CPU and GPU, but probably the CPU more so tbh, at least in GTA V, assuming you set your settings well

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

lower your settings on GTA, your specs are not that great.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

The title says it all. The i3 is crap, especially a 3rd gen one. Low clocks, low ipc from an old generation, ddr3 instead of ddr4, a low end platform like that is bound to perform poorly

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 10/9/2018 at 11:31 PM, Arika S said:

lower your settings on GTA, your specs are not that great.

At minium its at 30 fps 20 and yet people can play the game at 60 with the settings i use figure that out its the Cpu

On 10/9/2018 at 11:31 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

It's the CPU and GPU, but probably the CPU more so tbh, at least in GTA V, assuming you set your settings well

Not the gpu at all its gets the same performance through all the settings very high to Normal its get 20 -30 fps and it drops and drops over time its my cpu not my gpu at all

On 10/9/2018 at 11:26 PM, Shimejii said:

You have extreemly low end specs, its not going to run well at all to be fair

Not *Extremely Low end * at all look up my gpu in games you will be surprised 

Just now, Mattk13 said:

Not the gpu at all its gets the same performance through all the settings very high to Normal its get 20 -30 fps and it drops and drops over time its my cpu not my gpu at all

Well, I'm saying that it is also fairly low spec and would hold you back, provided you upgrade the CPU or find a solution to this problem that allows the bottleneck to shift to your GPU.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Mattk13 said:

Not *Extremely Low end * at all look up my gpu in games you will be surprised 

the GT 1030 is the lowest end GPU for the pascal lineup, there are also two variants of it, the GDDR5 and the DDR4 variants, both are not great performers, the 2nd being HORRID. The issues above could be the CPU is not able to keep up being a dual core with the game, running out of system meemory, or running against bare minimum game requirements

Just now, Shimejii said:

the GT 1030 is the lowest end GPU for the pascal lineup, there are also two variants of it, the GDDR5 and the DDR4 variants, both are not great performers, the 2nd being HORRID. The issues above could be the CPU is not able to keep up being a dual core with the game, running out of system meemory, or running against bare minimum game requirements

Just cause its the lowest end doesn't mean its bad

Same as gtx 750 Ti

6 minutes ago, Mattk13 said:

Not *Extremely Low end *

Just cause its the lowest end

Bottom line is that the hardware is weaksauce. Now what's really holding you back is the i3. Have you used task manager to see what usage is at?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Mattk13 said:

Just cause its the lowest end doesn't mean its bad

Same as gtx 750 Ti

That's sufficient but about the lowest I'd recommend for that game.  It'll get you a solid 1080p60 experience with decent graphics, so I wouldn't call it "extremely low end" at all.  It's not a bad experience, but it's near the bottom end of what I'd recommend.

Also, -threads merged and moved-

Just now, fasauceome said:

Bottom line is that the hardware is weaksauce. Now what's really holding you back is the i3. Have you used task manager to see what usage is at?

Playing gta takes it to 99 to 100%

Just now, Mattk13 said:

so you're i3 is the bottleneck, you need a new processor

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Mattk13 said:

That right there is the problem. Stuttering caused by insufficient CPU power. 100% load means the little guy is trying his best, it's just not enough

Primary PC:

Well that's pretty clear.  Just out of curiosity though, what is GPU usage like?  I bet less than 100%

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's sufficient but about the lowest I'd recommend for that game.  It'll get you a solid 1080p60 experience with decent graphics, so I wouldn't call it "extremely low end" at all.  It's not a bad experience, but it's near the bottom end of what I'd recommend.

Also, -threads merged and moved-

Okay  can you help me with this

Im thinking of getting something better would a GTX 960 a core i7 2600 or a i7 3770 be a good choice with 16gb of ram

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

so you're i3 is the bottleneck, you need a new processor

I kinda figured that its a 6year old dual core CPU

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well that's pretty clear.  Just out of curiosity though, what is GPU usage like?  I bet less than 100%

50 60