I keep dropping frames (help)

Mattk13
2 minutes ago, Mattk13 said:

Okay  can you help me with this

Im thinking of getting something better would a GTX 960 a core i7 2600 or a i7 3770 be a good choice with 16gb of ram

On your platform I think you could upgrade to a 3770, which I would recommend and would help, provided it's fairly cheap.  If you can't find one for cheap, don't bother, there's other options.

50 60

Alright well yup this is clear as day.  100% confident it's a CPU bottleneck.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Also, -threads merged and moved-

Huh, that's weird. I was typing a reply on the thread before the merge and I was able to post it (which then took me to this thread), but it seems to have vanished in to the ether...

Anyway,
Now that you've established that your system is not fit for the purpose you are intending to use it for, are you looking to upgrade or replace it? If you're willing to spend some money on it, we can help you pick some upgrades or help come up with a replacement system to suit your budget. Just let us know what your budget would be and what you hope to achieve from the system (ie. playing GTA V at 1080p 60fps)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Huh, that's weird. I was typing a reply on the thread before the merge and I was able to post it, but it seems to have vanished in to the ether...

Anyway,
Now that you've established that your system is not fit for the purpose you are intending to use it for, are you looking to upgrade or replace it? If you're willing to spend some money on it, we can help you pick some upgrades or help come up with a replacement system to suit your budget. Just let us know what your budget would be and what you hope to achieve from the system (ie. playing GTA V at 1080p 60fps)

Yes do you mind helping me ?

Just now, Spotty said:

Huh, that's weird. I was typing a reply on the thread before the merge and I was able to post it, but it seems to have vanished in to the ether...

Yeah that is a bug I've heard reported before.  Sadly no progress I guess :/

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Huh, that's weird. I was typing a reply on the thread before the merge and I was able to post it (which then took me to this thread), but it seems to have vanished in to the ether...

Anyway,

Okay so for now i really just need a  whole new system like a pre build and just upgrade it

maybe spend 100 150 for the system then maybe a used gpu Like a 960 or a 680 or 1050

Okay so for now i really just need a  whole new system like a pre build and just upgrade it

maybe spend 100 150 for the system then maybe a used gpu Like a 960 or a 680 or 1050

you would be better of upgrading what you have.

from one of your previous posts you would be best off with a GTX 960 a and core i7 2600 if you can afford both of them, or if you can go the 960 and i7 3770 would be better

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

13 minutes ago, Mattk13 said:

Yes do you mind helping me ?

Happy to help.

Really have two options as far as I see it.

1) The cheap and temporary fix  ($50-$70?) - Check eBay and local trade websites for someone selling a 3rd gen i7 3770 CPU and replace your CPU. The 3rd gen CPUs that I could see on eBay are still priced pretty high, but you may have better luck with a local seller. Ideally you don't want to be spending too much money since it will only give minor improvements. You will still experience limitations of your RAM and GPU in games.

2) The new build ($400-$500) - Build a new system. New motherboard, new modern CPU, new RAM (DDR4), preferably better GPU. You can  keep your existing HDDs and case, maybe PSU depending on what PSU you currently have. Since you have to purchase new RAM as well as your DDR3 will not be compatible, this will be a much more expensive option, however, it will last you a much longer time and the performance gained will be much higher. If it's within your budget, then a 1050ti will greatly increase your performance in games such as GTA V when paired with a modern quad core CPU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($131.25 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($105.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($224.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.00 @ Vuugo)
Total: $645.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 01:05 EDT-0400

Remove the 1050Ti if it's not within your budget and it comes down to about CAD $420. If you have a semi decent power supply in your existing build, and you just need the Mobo + CPU + RAM, it works out to be about CAD $350.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Happy to help.

Really have two options as far as I see it.

1) The cheap and temporary fix  ($50-$70?) - Check eBay and local trade websites for someone selling a 3rd gen i7 3770 CPU and replace your CPU. The 3rd gen CPUs that I could see on eBay are still priced pretty high, but you may have better luck with a local seller. Ideally you don't want to be spending too much money since it will only give minor improvements, and you will still likely face some, albeit significantly less, CPU limitations. You will also still experience limitations of your RAM and GPU in games.

2) The new build ($400-$500) - Build a new system. New motherboard, new modern CPU, new RAM (DDR4), preferably better GPU. You can  keep your existing HDDs and case, maybe PSU depending on what PSU you currently have. Since you have to purchase new RAM as well as your DDR3 will not be compatible, this will be a much more expensive option, however, it will last you a much longer time and the performance gained will be much higher. If it's within your budget, then a 1050ti will greatly increase your performance in games such as GTA V when paired with a modern quad core CPU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($131.25 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($105.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($224.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.00 @ Vuugo)
Total: $645.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-10 01:05 EDT-0400

Remove the 1050Ti if it's not within your budget and it comes down to about CAD $420. If you have a semi decent power supply in your existing build, and you just need the Mobo + CPU + RAM, it works out to be about CAD $350.

what i have now is a sff pre build with 2 broken ram slots

1 minute ago, Mattk13 said:

what i have now is a sff pre build with 2 broken ram slots

Is it an old Dell or HP pre-built machine?

Go with option 2 then. Save up for a new build.
Since your current build is SFF, you'll also be looking at a new case and new PSU.

Since you're not reusing the case or PSU for the new build, could you potentially sell your existing PC second hand to put some cash towards buying a new PC? (If this is the only PC you have, you might want to build the new one first then sell the old one to make back some money)

Just now, Spotty said:

Is it an old Dell or HP pre-built machine?

Go with option 2 then. Save up for a new build.
Since your current build is SFF, you'll also be looking at a new case and new PSU.

Since you're not reusing the case or PSU for the new build, could you potentially sell your existing PC second hand to put some cash towards buying a new PC? (If this is the only PC you have, you might want to build the new one first then sell the old one to make back some money)

dell

4 minutes ago, Mattk13 said:

dell

Use it now while you can. If the experience in games like GTA V is unplayable, switch to some less demanding games like CSGO, LoL, Fortnite, etc. for the time being. Save up some cash and when you can afford it buy a new PC that will be capable of playing the more demanding titles like GTA V.

When you do have some funds saved up and are looking to build, be sure to check out the New Builds & Planning subforum for some help and advice on what to build to meet your needs and play the games you want to play.

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Use it now while you can. If the experience in games like GTA V is unplayable, switch to some less demanding games like CSGO, LoL, Fortnite, etc. for the time being. Save up some cash and when you can afford it buy a new PC that will be capable of playing the more demanding titles like GTA V.

i'm kinda screwed here i can't really upgrade this one i lost my full size braket for my 1030 UGH

i3 is kind of weak.

is the i3 after market part or did it come with the dell system?

your ram is the stock from the dell system isnt it.

16 hours ago, bebejapes said:

i3 is kind of weak.

is the i3 after market part or did it come with the dell system?

your ram is the stock from the dell system isnt it.

No the ram isnt stock but the cpu is

On 10/5/2018 at 12:46 PM, Mattk13 said:

Specs.PNG.b61da8963a3613be184069b9a78d30a4.PNG

according to this the ram is 665MHz with clock 9-9-9-24

16 hours ago, bebejapes said:

according to this the ram is 665MHz with clock 9-9-9-24

its not stock i had to get more ram for it its

1333 ddr3

On 10/12/2018 at 1:44 AM, Mattk13 said:

its not stock i had to get more ram for it its

1333 ddr3

1333 ddr3 on multiple rams.

Can you upload an image of the ram sticks using cpuz memory section.

Thats still really slow though.

most gaming ram starts from 1600+