Walmart employee reports getting cases for the new iPhone early, dubbed "New iPhone 6.5" "

Dafydd
3 minutes ago, Dafydd said:

I wonder if Apple's ditching the numbered approach? 

I guess if they keep putting higher numbers on every new iPhone it wouldn't be long until we would see an iPhone 15 :D 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We know already the names of the new iPhones. 

iPhone, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs+

(Although bigger screen might be called iPhone Excess lol, IDK why people prefer larger phones when pockets are still a thing)

3 minutes ago, Dafydd said:

Unfortunately there's no comment to copy to the thread since it's a Reddit post.

Probably because a store that stocks accessories for phones stocking accessories for a phone is not news. Online news sites are desperate for "new iphone" clicks, but even they draw the line at writing an article each time a department store receives stock of a random phone accessory.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

The new iPhones were leaked ages ago by several sources and covered by EverythingApplePro.

hi.

Even Apple is widening their pH ne selection now. Soon they will have 4 phones that are "new" in sale including their older models (im counting the SE as a "new" device dince it doednt have an replacement)

Does the Quality over quantity argument still count? 

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

We know already the names of the new iPhones. 

iPhone, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs+

(Although bigger screen might be called iPhone Excess lol, IDK why people prefer larger phones when pockets are still a thing)

Phone sizes have always been quoted in the LCD size, now days we have a much larger screen to body ratio, so a 6.5” won’t actually be as large as you think. I would expect the 6.5” Xs Plus to be about as physically large as the iPhone 8 Plus (5.5”).

2 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Phone sizes have always been quoted in the LCD size, now days we have a much larger screen to body ratio, so a 6.5” won’t actually be as large as you think. I would expect the 6.5” Xs Plus to be about as physically large as the iPhone 8 Plus (5.5”).

I'm very well aware of the rumours I wrote the news article on here myself. The iPhone Plus's are just too impractical for me. I don't watch movies on my phone so I don't see the point of a big screen. Just txts, calls and a few apps. 

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

I don't know what kind of pants you wear but I usually have pockets big enough to fit any phone. Besides, at least half an inch will be barely usable because of the notch and the rounded corners and it will be where the bezels would have been.

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Does the Quality over quantity argument still count? 

Haven't you heard? Everything Apple does is just perfect until they stop doing it. The iPhone's screen was the perfect size and shape... until they started changing it every other release. Apple phones cost a lot of money because they'd never compromise quality for a cheaper device... until they did with the 5C and later with the SE. Apple only sells three models because that's all they need to cover everyone's needs while maintaining a high level of support... until they stop doing that.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

I don't know what kind of pants you wear but I usually have pockets big enough to fit any phone. Besides, at least half an inch will be barely usable because of the notch and the rounded corners and it will be where the bezels would have been.

I wear nice levi slim jeans. Can't wear the skinny ones as my calfs (among other things) don't fit. I like to breathe a little down there. Same with my fitwear, really adds a cool beeze down below when you are running. Larger phones are just cumbersome and I don't see the point in paying more. I think the iPhone X is probably the biggest phone I'd like to get, but no point in upgrading just yet from the 7. Pocket-wise its front pockets for phone and keys, back pockets for wallet. 

The notch is a bit silly, but you need to look at it more like how Samsung did the edge. It's an extension rather than taking up the screen. It doesn't interrupt the media in any way, so not much to lose by removing it but screen estate. 

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The notch is a bit silly, but you need to look at it more like how Samsung did the edge. It's an extension rather than taking up the screen. It doesn't interrupt the media in any way, so not much to lose by removing it but screen estate. 

Samsung's approach really gives you more usable screen though, the rounder corners and notch on the other hand basically render that part useless. It's only good for notification and battery icons.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Samsung's approach really gives you more usable screen though, the rounder corners and notch on the other hand basically render that part useless. It's only good for notification and battery icons.

Gives those icons a place where otherwise they would be on top of the app. It seems pretty redundant and a little silly I know, maybe Apple are trying to get back to where their small detail was great. 

6 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Gives those icons a place where otherwise they would be on top of the app. It seems pretty redundant and a little silly I know, maybe Apple are trying to get back to where their small detail was great. 

The way I see it, Apple (and they're not the only ones) are desperately trying to justify the existence of a premium phone that costs over 800$ in a world where for 300$ or less you can do 99% of the same things just as well for the vast majority of customers. Not only that, they also need to convince people like you, who have an older model, that they have a reason to change it - what's the point of getting a new phone when the old one does everything you need perfectly already?

Since they can no longer do that with the claim of better responsiveness and noticeably better specs, they have to resort to inventing new "features" that nobody really asked for. It may be better to have the notch there than just a plain bezel, but I don't think anyone really felt the need for that extra space, and samsung did it better by making the phone a little taller and the bezel thinner. In the end they're just looking for something that catches the customer's attention.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

8 hours ago, Sauron said:

The way I see it, Apple (and they're not the only ones) are desperately trying to justify the existence of a premium phone that costs over 800$ in a world where for 300$ or less you can do 99% of the same things just as well for the vast majority of customers. Not only that, they also need to convince people like you, who have an older model, that they have a reason to change it - what's the point of getting a new phone when the old one does everything you need perfectly already?

Since they can no longer do that with the claim of better responsiveness and noticeably better specs, they have to resort to inventing new "features" that nobody really asked for. It may be better to have the notch there than just a plain bezel, but I don't think anyone really felt the need for that extra space, and samsung did it better by making the phone a little taller and the bezel thinner. In the end they're just looking for something that catches the customer's attention.

Catching a customer's attention is like 50% of marketing though. We are talking about it here after all, and no such thing as bad publicity. 

14 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Catching a customer's attention is like 50% of marketing though. We are talking about it here after all, and no such thing as bad publicity. 

Sure, I don't have to like or buy it though :P

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Sure, I don't have to like or buy it though :P

I still wish I could. I really love the design, not so much the notch, but the glass back :o. If it was in red too! Gotta give it to Apple, their products do look quite nice (apart from the notch). That said their past designs are much better firmware-wise. Not a fan of the flat look.