Chrome 69 adds new Password Manager with Random Password Generation built in

AlTech
7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Chrome 69 adds a new Random Password Generator to its password manager. Chrome now prompts users to sync newly generated passwords across devices by connecting them to their Google Account.

So Safari and iCloud xD 

Good to see Google doing the right things. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Whats written is incoherent cryptograph prompts

Basically a question written in a way that only I can interpret, and cannot be decyphered (because its not a cypher)

And the password is a random association to the question that comes to mind when I see the prompt

So impossible for anyone else to know the password unless they can somehow issue appropriate prompt and read my mind at the same time

Sounds like an awesome system.

Guess I need to step up my game for PWs,.. while I do have a system, it is basic in comparison.

That being said, I am unsure if any of my PWs would be of any value to anyone. So I guess I don't have enough motivation to go that far. Just having a save PW is enough for me, i don't need to have an NSA save PW. ;-)

But still. Your way of doing this sounds amazing.

19 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

So Safari and iCloud xD 

Without doubt one of those features, the industry should copy from apple. I agree.

Just wish they would not have copied that notch,... oh god! It is haunting me in my dreams. The Pixel 3 XL notch is coming!

4 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

Without doubt one of those features, the industry should copy from apple. I agree.

Just wish they would not have copied that notch,... oh god! It is haunting me in my dreams. The Pixel 3 XL notch is coming!

At least Samsung hasn't fallen so far... YET.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

So Safari and iCloud xD 

without the platform restriction, so: better.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

without the platform restriction, so: better.

I mean some see it as a platform restriction. Orthers see it as an 

e C o S y t E m

lmao 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

10 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Tbh, Safari has had this for years (the generation of passwords specifically), across both macOS and iOS. It's interesting to see how long it took to get the same feature in Chrome. 

You say, "it's interesting to see how long it took to get the same feature in Chrome". What do you mean by that? Any insinuations? Haha

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Really? Google 69, and this is what they do with it?

Google 69 now with Ultra HARD DP (Ultra Heuristic Autonomous Readable Dictionary and Digital Password are under Google registered trademark).

Thanks Google, but I have to drive.. Hard pass. Wonder how quick until this is exploited.

Meanwhile, I use LastPass

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Interesting, They say that makes it easy, but honestly my way is easier, I just use the same password for everything and have it saved on my desktop as a txt file called password for all my shit.  I even keep links to my bank and the account numbers in their as well so there all in one easy convenient place.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

This should help improve password security especially amongst non-techies.

Non-techies can't even remember a password they made up themselves let alone something randomly generated. 

20 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

You want me to not take risk and just roll my face over keyboard and then select whatever comes out and copy and use that as password ?

There no way some one is gonna tie a unique generated password to an account i have

Do you really want to be taking risks with the keys protecting things like your bank account?

If you use a website like LastPass or another vendor whose reputation would be annihilated if it where revealed that they took logs then you should be safe, it is in their interest to keep your keys secure.

This feature has to be well marketed and implemented, because a lot of normies wouldn't see the use in it. As long as Google remembers it and the users know how to keep their Google account secure it could be a really good feature.

On 9/6/2018 at 4:37 AM, mr moose said:

Interesting, They say that makes it easy, but honestly my way is easier, I just use the same password for everything and have it saved on my desktop as a txt file called password for all my shit.  I even keep links to my bank and the account numbers in their as well so there all in one easy convenient place.

If it's not sarcasm, that's very sad.

I made up some algorithm by which i generate my passwords. I do not even remember any of my passwords, everytime i need it i regenerate it in my head by using that algorithm :) Very easy and securitywise GREAT solution. I just need to not forget that algorithm :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Handy. I use Opera but oh Google ugly UI everything bubbly and rounded, horrible.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |