Amazon is confusing me.

Mhmd

ok so I was just about to buy a few pc parts from amazon however iam oustide the US.

I put all the items in the cart and it says the subtotal is 650$ however whenever I click on an Item there is always some small text "This item does not ship to Kfar Manda, Israel. Please check other sellers who may ship internationally" or it will say "+ $31.24 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Israel Details This item ships to Kfar Manda, Israel" (its not necessarily exactly 31.24).

when I calculate the price with the fees and shipping its a lot higher than 650, by a LOT.

so what the heck is going on? what should I do? 

You shouldn't order from a US retailer and expect to ship across the world for their listed prices. You should look for a retailer in your country.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

You shouldn't order from a US retailer and expect to ship across the world for their listed prices. You should look for a retailer in your country.

does that mean I should not buy form amazon and search for a different website?

5 minutes ago, Mhmd said:

does that mean I should not buy form amazon and search for a different website?

If there is no Amazon Israel, yes.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

especially shipping from the US to israel is a very bad idea as these countries dont have the best relationship and no really useful trade agreements.

13 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

especially shipping from the US to israel is a very bad idea as these countries dont have the best relationship and no really useful trade agreements.

US and Israel basically jerk eachother off, so that's not really the issue. It's just the distance between them.

Already shipping from US to Canada is costly. Shipping cost and duty fees, not to mention the long forms to complete, which is why many (but of course not all) US merchant doesn't ship to Canada.

Unless you are buying something special that you really can't get anywhere else, or happens to cost more than you importing the product, paying taxes, shipping and all duty fees (and wait for the shipping time, and understand the risk in getting a box that was totally smashed), it is not worth it. Buy local.

Duty fees and taxes are set by your government, like every other country. The idea of doing this, is that people are discourage to purchase products that are cheaper outside that can hurt the local economy. At least, that is the idea. However, you have politics that can come into play (trade war, trade disputes, etc.)

3 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Yes

Your username basically sums it up. Lol.

3 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Yes

Interesting name, I'm reminded of the quote:

"Man cannot survive on Amazon alone"

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

If you are purchasing from a marketplace seller, they might not allow items to be shipped outside the US and even with Amazon themselves there might be policies in place that block certain items from being shipped outside of the US.

They also won't ship internationally for free and depending on the shipping option chosen will also include extra charges that cover any duties that have to be paid for bringing the items in if the total is above the threshold set for importing goods into the country.

The only solution is to check to see if you can get the items for less on another of Amazons regional sites or find another site that will send the items to you (just remember that you have to factor in shipping and any import duties into your costs first).

11 hours ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

Interesting name, I'm reminded of the quote:

"Man cannot survive on Amazon alone"

I chose it because it is such a destructive and unethical company.

5 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

I chose it because it is such a destructive and unethical company.

Oh? How so?

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

9 hours ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

Oh? How so?

Don't get him started. But just work ethics point of view, when employees pee breaks are timed, when company is circumventing taxes IN TWO COUNTRIES, when CEO thinks they shouldn't pay taxes at all.

As for actual thing. US stores don't list prices with tax as sales tax varies by customers location. So any total you have gets added shipping and import fees. At worst case you will be paying multiple shipping fees to different sellers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Don't get him started. But just work ethics point of view, when employees pee breaks are timed, when company is circumventing taxes IN TWO COUNTRIES, when CEO thinks they shouldn't pay taxes at all.

As for actual thing. US stores don't list prices with tax as sales tax varies by customers location. So any total you have gets added shipping and import fees. At worst case you will be paying multiple shipping fees to different sellers.

Oh, I see. . .

that sounds horrible. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:34 AM, NelizMastr said:

US and Israel basically jerk eachother off, so that's not really the issue. It's just the distance between them.

Or carrier.

Canada Post is full of fat cats.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 8/31/2018 at 7:50 AM, TheClueLessMajority said:

Oh? How so?

Ill be brief. You can read my post history for more in depth analysis.

They use taxpayer dollars to undermine legitimate businesses that play by the rules that Bezos breaks. 

They create perverse economic incentive feedback loops like Walmart: they get subsidized into a market, they dump and undercut while operating at a loss, driving ethical companies to either fold or become scum like Amazon. Eventually, the cheap shortsighted people that buy all their made in China garbage from there in order to "get a good deal" undermine their economy so much that they end up working as a cashier at Walmart or a picker at Amazon, falling asleep standing up and pissing in a plastic bottle.

The ceo is the richest man on Earth but he barely pays taxes, is on massive corporate welfare, bought a newspaper to push his idiotic ideology, and hes also a massive lying bullshitter.

And he ruined my beloved Whole Foods.

36 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Ill be brief. You can read my post history for more in depth analysis.

They use taxpayer dollars to undermine legitimate businesses that play by the rules that Bezos breaks. 

They create perverse economic incentive feedback loops like Walmart: they get subsidized into a market, they dump and undercut while operating at a loss, driving ethical companies to either fold or become scum like Amazon. Eventually, the cheap shortsighted people that buy all their made in China garbage from there in order to "get a good deal" undermine their economy so much that they end up working as a cashier at Walmart or a picker at Amazon, falling asleep standing up and pissing in a plastic bottle.

The ceo is the richest man on Earth but he barely pays taxes, is on massive corporate welfare, bought a newspaper to push his idiotic ideology, and hes also a massive lying bullshitter.

And he ruined my beloved Whole Foods.

I, I see, that, sounds horrible, I have the urge to not buy from Amazon. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

for reference, just shipping a 9 oz packages over seas costs $22. Overseas shipping is very expensive.

Plus Amazon was largely responsible for some new US legislation that will force all online vendors to charge sales tax for the customer's state of residency.  Pretty anti-competitive of them.... can't compete?  Get the government to help!  lame

I still give Amazon a lot of my money.  :-|

To the OP, try to find local suppliers when possible.  Initial prices may seem higher, but probably aren't when you compute shipping/duties/etc.

4 hours ago, Z3R0 CHANC3 said:

Plus Amazon was largely responsible for some new US legislation that will force all online vendors to charge sales tax for the customer's state of residency.  Pretty anti-competitive of them.... can't compete?  Get the government to help!  lame

To the OP, try to find local suppliers when possible.  Initial prices may seem higher, but probably aren't when you compute shipping/duties/etc.

Why give them your money when they help make people poor?

14 hours ago, Z3R0 CHANC3 said:

To be fair that affects all onlije retailers including themselves, and, really, is the way it should have been from the start. Sales tax helps the state you live in function. I'm not sure why people are so sensitive over it. 

9 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

You could say the same about companies that are rapidly moving towards automation. Gotta adapt to the future. Online sales being a huge part of it. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

To be fair that affects all onlije retailers including themselves, and, really, is the way it should have been from the start. Sales tax helps the state you live in function. I'm not sure why people are so sensitive over it. 

You could say the same about companies that are rapidly moving towards automation. Gotta adapt to the future. Online sales being a huge part of it. 

Gotta adapt to the non adaptive behavior and go along with it? I always find it ironic when people use the term adapt to describe that which drives the species further off the optima of its evolutionary fitness.

20 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

They also make people not poor, like any business.  Do you shop at WalMart?

1 hour ago, Z3R0 CHANC3 said:

They also make people not poor, like any business.  Do you shop at WalMart?

No i refuse to set foot in Walmart actually. 

And sure, they make very rich billionaires even richer than they already are.