Your most hated meme/ term/ phrase in tech?

Why is your gf posting pictures of herself on an image board? I don't assume she's a slut or anything, though I don't think that there's anything wrong with women behaving that way, I just don't know why anyone would post pictures of themselves on an image board.

Lol assumptions and implying,

I've got a photo of my room which she's in playing video games on her TV, which I happen to use as a picture to upload to this imageboard in threads that justify it :)

This image, lol.

5d8osh.jpg

#!

The thing about those grumpy cats is they may look grumpy but are they really? I mean ive had a grumpy cat or two and theyll let me know they were grumpy in a much different fashion...

I love cats, but not the meme. Those cats are looked like they're grumpy but they're just like any other cats. It's has no point to be a a trend.

Lol assumptions and implying,

I've got a photo of my room which she's in playing video games on her TV, which I happen to use as a picture to upload to this imageboard in threads that justify it :)

This image, lol.

5d8osh.jpg

That makes sense. I thought she was attention seeking on /soc/. Nice room btw. I'm jellous, mine looks nowhere near that cool.

That makes sense. I thought she was attention seeking on /soc/. Nice room btw. I'm jellous, mine looks nowhere near that cool.

Cheers man, it's pretty cool for a uni flat, cheap too! :)

#!

Someone in my software development class at college did not know what a recycle bin does. 

And when you tell a family member to turn it of and on again before they distract me and claim  they already have tried it and then i have to get up and prove to them that it fixed the problem. 

Also when someone says that the computer is not working but does not tell me what is wrong with it. 

And when someone who clearly had no idea what they are doing thinks that they know better. 

What annoys me is when people think they know so much about computers (and technology) because they can use big words like "megabytes" or "gigahertz" :P

I actually hate it when people market a "GAMING COMPUTER for $90" when it has a 1.6ghz p4 and on-board graphics.

Not quite the same price range, but last week I saw a custom built "Gaming Desktop" from a small computer shop.

It was $1799 and had:

i7 Processor with 6GB of RAM, no SSD, a GTX 650 video card, and a 1200 Watt PSU. What a friggin disaster of a PC. The thing would suck at games on max graphics.

I wanted to ask the guy at the counter who built it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Not quite the same price range, but last week I saw a custom built "Gaming Desktop" from a small computer shop.

It was $1799 and had:

i7 Processor with 6GB of RAM, no SSD, a GTX 650 video card, and a 1200 Watt PSU. What a friggin disaster of a PC. The thing would suck at games on max graphics.

I wanted to ask the guy at the counter who built it.

i wouldnt be worries about gaming on the thing that setup just seems wrong a completely unbalanced build.

i wouldnt be worries about gaming on the thing that setup just seems wrong a completely unbalanced build.

It is definitely completely unbalanced, and overpriced. I could build a kickass i7 setup for $1800 CAD.

As for gaming on it. Yes you COULD game on it, but you'd be getting console level graphics (medium settings on 1080p tops for modern AAA games). The GTX 650 isn't a BAD card, it's just so ridiculously underpowered compared to an i7 when gaming. Not to mention an i7 isn't really necessary for top graphics settings.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It is definitely completely unbalanced, and overpriced. I could build a kickass i7 setup for $1800 CAD.

As for gaming on it. Yes you COULD game on it, but you'd be getting console level graphics (medium settings on 1080p tops for modern AAA games). The GTX 650 isn't a BAD card, it's just so ridiculously underpowered compared to an i7 when gaming. Not to mention an i7 isn't really necessary for top graphics settings.

no you dont need a i7 for gaming up until a bit ago you were fine with a dual core i3 for the most part, as long as you had a strong GPU.

My school made a "techy eleadership group" and it ended up just being juniors talking about how to improve cyber safety because they broke the systems we were working on

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

not tech related but when people call soda pop its made of SODA water not POP water SODA water

I'm english and I can live with soda. They pop bit gets me as well :P

I can't stand people who use me as their personal 24/7 tech support and my mum using the computer. Doing things like dragging the scroll bar on the side of a browser, not knowing what a browser is and being generally useless. On top of this, she's a faster typist than me -.-

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

People saying I don't play video games because I don't like them; to me it's as offensive as saying I don't read because I don't like books. Extreme elitist culture is fairly annoying too. Beyond anything else though, is the application of the modern copyright/patent system, especially relating to the digital world. I'm aware these aren't memes or phrases, but I figure this thread is a good place to elaborate on common annoyances in life (relating to tech in some way or another).

Edit: People trying to intimidate you by saying they (or their friend) is a hacker and will fuck up your [insert important part of modern technological life]. Really this goes for all people pretending to be what they aren't to impress or intimidate you; the only reason it really bothers me when it comes to people talking about hacking is that I know clearly they have no idea what their talking about (I'm not saying I do either).

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

One thing that bugs the crap out of me is the fact that i'm the reason you can't bring your chicken wings outside of the designated chicken wing eating area at fry's electronics cause I once spilled hot sauce on a display motherboard....

574285825_e6efb37220.jpg

They now stop you if you try to bring food outside of the restaurant

lazy-dog-cafe-westminster-ca-hot-wings-c

cafe_stndrd.jpg

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I hate when people refer to a lagging connection or a poor connection as a "Wal-Mart connection." Grinds my gears.

Also, people complaining about "lag" when they die or just suck or the connection is just slow.

I hate when people refer to a lagging connection or a poor connection as a "Wal-Mart connection." Grinds my gears.

Also, people complaining about "lag" when they die or just suck or the connection is just slow.

most people use lag incorrectly a good deal of the time too.

My high school librarian/computer lab/research lady calls the computer a CPU, its soooo annoying.

Another is when people say virus whenever a computer is running slowly.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

When people double click stuff they need one press to

when they right click copy instead of ctrl+c

:/

When people double click stuff they need one press to

when they right click copy instead of ctrl+c

hey I right click copy when im chillaxing in my chair and just using my mouse and just need to copy a file or 2.

when people say that you can always just download more ram...

Not really related to this topic, but always enrages me everytime I come across it; I hate those 13 year old spoiled brats who get a ton of money from their parents to buid a computer, without having done a single thing in return. Then they just buy the most expensive components they can find without thinking. And then they start bragging on forums about how great they are. (Especially the ones who explicitly mention their age in the name of the build/description.)

Oh i'm sorry, is someone jealous of my Pentium 4? It's hyperthreaded!

I have some This guyattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375850837.241440.jpg Kid I met "Consoles have better graphics than PC" Me - "They only have 720p" "I went into my Xbox settings and changes my p to 1080, therefor better than PC" My iPhone 4s that I am writing this on "omg ur such a faggot you play cod" when I try and play some BO2 on my PC "go back to console faggot 13 year olds shouldn't be on PC" after I RPG some kids heli in BF3, and a resluting conversation led to it. Those who think that new consoles are better than PC.

I don't even know what you are talking about bro.

Will I have enough RAMs?

Get Nvidia/Intel because they're better. 

The extra headroom makes me feel safer. (courtesy of Corsair's AX series)

I'm only want *Insert Brand* parts because I trust them and they make the best parts.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm only want *Insert Brand* parts because I trust them and they make the best parts.

Once you go Kingston, you never go back.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.