DO NOT OPEN POWER SUPPLY *IN HOSPITAL*

31 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

" power storage boxes "

Yeah, its kinda bullshit because they have no idea what they are writing about.

The point is that the PC was unplugged and the guy working on it is dead.

The Energy in the main Caps must not be underestimated!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Most metal thing i've read on this forum, do it again bro become the chosen one. Meld with the Matrix.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I read about a guy getting killed by a microwave, though it was safe to pull apart due to it being unplugged >.< 

I wish you a safe and speedy recovery.

The title thread in the search bar is funny though. 

"do not open power supply in hospital"

xD.

hi.

Stick this with Linus's latest iMac Pro video

You simply DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH a PSU's capacitor

Good luck with your recovery, and please, NEVER OPEN A PSU if you don't know what you are dealing with

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

2 hours ago, AskTJ said:

I wish you a safe and speedy recovery.

The title thread in the search bar is funny though. 

"do not open power supply in hospital"

xD.

well tbh if someone does choose to open one then it is probably the best place to do it anyway.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:10 PM, cluelessgenius said:

maybe this is different somehow but i di this once an was fine half an hour later or so. same situation fan made rateling noise opened it to change the fan. was just about to test if my replacement fan would work and shocked myself and triggered a fuse.  still.. put it back together after that since the psu still worked perfectly fine. mayb i got less power in my shock? idk

The capacities contain DC power, while if you just poked around a bit you much just touch the AC, before the converter. AC power is designed to be safe (I’ve touched it lots of times and it’s just a wee scare)

because higher end power supplies will have more DC current they will be more dangerous and will stop your heart.

I assume the capacitors store the electricity and that is the reason why my PC didn´t shut down during a very short blackout. My other electronics including my monitor did shut down but instantly went on again. 

"Older-style TVs with the big tubes, there's been a lot of people electrocuted by those," Bradshaw said. "They store a huge charge in them to get the TV tube to fire up."

touching the yoke or LOPT wires with bare hands is sure a nice way to die

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 8/1/2018 at 3:44 AM, LienusLateTips said:

You should read warning labels, they are there for a reason.

Reading is overrated. If it were that good, someone would have made a movie about it. 

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, ygoodhh said:

According to my friend (thank god he was with me) the ambulance came and they used a defibrillator on me. I think after that I was fine but I was still passed out cold they just sent me to the hospital after that.

Ironic in a way, get hurt by electricity then get saved by it. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Thought the title meant to not open a PSU while in the hospital. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

Well, opening a PSU without knowledge of how it works is a very bad idea, but doing so WHILE ITS PLUGGED IN... I guess common sense is not so common after all...

Consider this: would you try to fix a blender or a coffee machine that is still plugged into the mains? Same goes for computers, specially the PSU. 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

3 hours ago, ElZamo92 said:

Well, opening a PSU without knowledge of how it works is a very bad idea, but doing so WHILE ITS PLUGGED IN... I guess common sense is not so common after all...

Consider this: would you try to fix a blender or a coffee machine that is still plugged into the mains? Same goes for computers, specially the PSU. 

It wasn't plugged in, that's the entire basis of the thread, they're still dangerous for a period of time after being unplugged.  Perhaps you should read the cautionary tale before commenting on it lol 

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

it was.

OP said that he started to take it apart, noticed it was still plugged in and then unplugged it, then he got zapped while it was unplugged because of the capacitor holding a charge. 

39 minutes ago, Newenthusiast said:

OP said that he started to take it apart, noticed it was still plugged in and then unplugged it, then he got zapped while it was unplugged because of the capacitor holding a charge. 

correct

Yeah, you really have to be careful when opening PSUs up. 

I'd just have someone experienced do the job. Electrocution is not fun and can be fatal. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I read the title as do not open power supply in hospital, and i thought op was fixing a computer at a hospital, where some how opening the power supply, cause a massive blackout, and all the equipments to shutdown. Now op is in deep doo doo.

Glad you're okay.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list