How is a plane safer than a car or whatever ? as in crashing or death

WolfLoverPro

look they say planes are safer

OK TELL ME THIS

IF THE ENGINE CUTS OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEA BTICH YOU ARE FUKED AINT YOU>>??? YEAH EACTLY

Planes are usually considered safer because there's less commercial plane accidents and casualties than there are car accidents and casualties in a year.

Planes absolutely HAVE to be built to, well, actually fly, but also withstand the differences between, say, about an elevation of 1000 feet vs. an elevation of 35000-40000 feet. They're far more intricately designed than cars in many senses.

If you wanted an equivalent of a plane's engines cutting off in the middle of the ocean, say if your car's engine caught on fire or cut off entirely on a fairly busy interstate, but it's not clogged. That's somewhat of an equivalent there.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Planes are safer because you're way more likely to die or be injured in a car crash than in a plane crash based on pure statistic. 

Way more people die in car crashes each year than in plane crashes. Even when they are equivalated. 

Also, if the engines of a plane cuts out mid flight, then the pilot (and even the autopilot) can land the plane in the ocean.

Lastly, you need to check your attitude. That sort of "gotcha" way of acting isn't gonna win you any favors. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

There are less things one can hit in the sky.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

IF THE ENGINE CUTS OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEA BTICH YOU ARE FUKED AINT YOU>>??? YEAH EACTLY

No. Planes that are allowed to be more than 60 minutes from a diversion airport are required to either have more than 2 engines, or to be ETOPS certified. 

If one engine cuts out on a plane with 3 or more engines, that's not an issue. 

For a plane to be ETOPS certified, it has to meet certain requirements regarding the performance, maintenance and reliability of the plane. With some 2 engine planes receiving certifications of about 5 hours, they are allowed to fly pretty much anywhere without issue. If an engine fails, it can safely divert. 

TL;DR: Planer engines don't fail as often as humans, and plane journeys are planned in advance. 

:)

32 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

look they say planes are safer

OK TELL ME THIS

If engine dies, a skilled pilot can glide the plane to land safely. It is usually safer if it lands on water than on land. 

https://disciplesofflight.com/dealing-with-aircraft-engine-failure-in-flight/

Problem is if the pilot doesn't have too much experience and skills.... Well, good luck to everyone on board. You are all gonna die.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

26 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Planes are safer because you're way more likely to die in a car crash than in a plane crash based on pure statistic. 

Way more people die in car crashes each year than in plane crashes. Even when they are equivalated. 

Also, if the engines of a plane cuts out mid flight, then the pilot (and even the autopilot) can land the plane in the ocean.

Lastly, you need to check your attitude. That sort of "gotcha" way of acting isn't gonna win you any favors. 

i mean most people hate me anyway so i guess i might as welll now

3 minutes ago, wasab said:

If engine dies, a skilled pilot can glide the plane to land safely. It is usually safer if it lands on water than on land. 

https://disciplesofflight.com/dealing-with-aircraft-engine-failure-in-flight/

Problem is if the pilot doesn't have too much experience and skills.... Well, good luck to everyone on board. You are all gonna die.

if they land in sea that = drowning or ......... you know get eatonj by a shark lol

Chance of hitting another plane is almost nil whereas in a car you could hit another car, or a guardrail, or a pedestrian, or a cyclist, etc. etc.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

33 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Planes are usually considered safer because there's less commercial plane accidents and casualties than there are car accidents and casualties in a year.

Planes absolutely HAVE to be built to, well, actually fly, but also withstand the differences between, say, about an elevation of 1000 feet vs. an elevation of 35000-40000 feet. They're far more intricately designed than cars in many senses.

If you wanted an equivalent of a plane's engines cutting off in the middle of the ocean, say if your car's engine caught on fire or cut off entirely on a fairly busy interstate, but it's not clogged. That's somewhat of an equivalent there.

Not to mention the training of pilots vs drivers especially help.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

if they land in sea that = drowning or ......... you know get eatonj by a shark lol

Plane will float. Sharks can't chew through metals and enforced aluminum

Sudo make me a sandwich 

8 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

i mean most people hate me anyway so i guess i might as welll now

And how's feeding into that going to help anything?

Perpetuating a circle of hate is ultimately unconstructive and only serves to alienate people coming from the outside.

5 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

The chance of shark attacks in open water is almost infinitly small and planes have rafts, provisions and emergency gear for that situation.

It's not like people are just shoved into the Pacific Ocean if the plane has to do an emergency landing. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The others have mentioned the statistics but I'll add that I think it's easy to overlook how many aircraft fly everyday without issue, take a look at this website that tracks commercial aircraft live:

https://www.flightradar24.com/

When there's a commercial plane crash, it always makes headlines anywhere in the world because it's so rare.

When there's a fatal car crash, it barely makes local news unless it's significant or different as they happen so frequently. 

4 minutes ago, wasab said:

Plane will float

Tell that to the passengers and crew of US Airways flight 1549...

5 minutes ago, seon123 said:

But they all survived, did they not?

If the crew are quick enough and the plane hasn't disintegrated on landing then the escape chutes detach to become rafts. The plane will sink.

Just now, pinksnowbirdie said:

But they all survived, did they not?

Yes? Your claim was

11 minutes ago, wasab said:

Plane will float

And the A320 obviously sank. And that was a very good landing in perfect conditions

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Well, that plane floated and no one died so why would you use that as an example? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Average driver= Probably a dumbass who doesn't maintain their car very often and at best spent a couple years getting their license. And there's lots of them. Doesn't have to be you for it to be a major issue.

Average pilot= Probably has taken of school, training, and has licenses and certifications for their field and the machines they fly are rigorously maintained by people with years of training and certifications of their own. Also, as others have said there are far less things to crash into in the sky.

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Yes? Your claim was

And the A320 obviously sank. And that was a very good landing in perfect conditions

Give me prove? A plane is all aluminum with hollow space inside. It has more than enough buoyancy to float on liquid water.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Yes? Your claim was

no obviously a plane isnt meant to float for a long time. But they are designed to stay afloat long enough for evacuation

Just now, wasab said:

Well, that plane floated and no one died so why would you use that as an example? 

If a plane will sink under ideal conditions, it's very unlikely to float for very long underwear rless than ideal conditions

1 minute ago, wasab said:

Give me prove? A plane is all aluminum with hollow space inside. It has more than enough buoyancy to float on liquid water.

And a plane has no entry points for water?

This is from a quick search. You can find many similar images. 

Spoiler

USAair_20090116_0855_06.jpg

http://bsartist.com/bentwheelclub/gallery/USAir1549/index.htm

2 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

no obviously a plane isnt meant to float for a long time. But they are designed to stay afloat long enough for evacuation

Well, yes. That's what the rafts are for. But staying inside a plane, expecting it to float until rescuers arrive is foolish.