Dashlane launches Dashlane 6 with identity monitoring features

ItsMitch

For all transparency, I'm a Dashlane Premium member

S: Dashlane

Dashlane 6 dark web alerts

Dashlane was normally a password manager but now it has since taken a massive leap forward and has now launched its new program, Dashlane 6 which comes with all new Identity protection features.

What exactly does this new stuff come with? 

Identity Dashboard: The new Identity Dashboard is the central hub for digital identity and account security. Its convenient, at-a-glance design lets customers intuitively understand what to improve and how to take action fast

Dark Web Monitoring with personalized security alerts: Monitor up to five email accounts and receive detailed security alerts if any personal information is found on the dark web. This powerful service scans more than 12 billion records attached to hacks and data breaches, with almost a million new records added every day.

Credit monitoring and alerts powered by TransUnion®: You can use the CreditView™ Dashboard to view your credit score and credit history. You’ll also receive email alerts related to events that affect your credit, so you can flag possible fraudulent activity.

They also went on to offer Identity Insurance by TransUnion and full US customer phone support

Identity restoration support: We now offer dedicated, U.S.-based phone support if identity theft occurs. Provided by TransUnion®, an industry leader in credit solutions, this service assists in all stages of identity recovery.

Identity Theft Insurance: Claim up to $1 million in damages* if you experience losses related to identity theft.

CEO Emmanuel Shultz left this final statement on the end of the article. 

We know that our solution can only be successful if we create a simple product that meets your unique needs. That’s why we listened to feedback from people like you to ensure that all the tools and features we’ve packed into Dashlane 6 are easy to understand and intuitive to use. We want you to feel armed to tackle the complexities of digital life, and with Dashlane 6, we’re confident that you will.

Dashlane 6 now has three plan options to fit your life: Free, for secure password management on a single device; Premium, for unlimited password storage across every device and a suite of digital security features; and Premium Plus, that offers added protection. Try Dashlane Premium for free and view our plan and pricing details to see which Dashlane is right for you.

I love this new features from Dashlane as it can be a lot more helpful than almost all the competition, love it. 

2 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Never trust online password manager's.....

Never trust anyone :/

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Thats a little bit overboard... :D Online password managers arent a good idea in this day and age, if you must use one use the ones that store everything locally and does not contain any online feature.

7 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Thats a little bit overboard... :D Online password managers arent a good idea in this day and age, if you must use one use the ones that store everything locally and does not contain any online feature.

The only people I trust are my dog and some of my family. A wise man once said "hope for the best prepare for the worst". 

Typically with a password manager, I don’t mind if syncing happens in the cloud either on their own servers or third party ones like Azure or AWS as long as it remains encrypted in the cloud by the master password and decryption happens locally at the device level and the only thing that can decrypt is the master password. I also consider if they have a bug bounty and regularly patch vulnerabilities when reported. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

17 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

I don’t think you can memorize something like the following below for every account: 

• Z^O:M^M@Tj0NqUEq 
  • ufhXUW)2cnDUtwFP 
  • WBeFGcadq]]J25GD 

7 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

I don’t think you can memorize something like the following below for every account: 

• ufhXUW)2cnDUtwFP 
  • WBeFGcadq]]J25GD 

Passphrases my man.

EDIT: correcthorsebatterystaple FTW

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, captain_to_fire said:

• ufhXUW)2cnDUtwFP 
  • WBeFGcadq]]J25GD 

Thats why i use ones that do not have online functionalities... ;)

2 minutes ago, 2FA said:

Passphrases my man.

EDIT: staplebatteryhorse FTW

There's some irony of being the account "2FA" here.

2 minutes ago, 2FA said:

Passphrases my man.

EDIT: staplebatteryhorse FTW

I either use lyrics and places :P 

3 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Personally I don’t mind if a password manager syncs online across my devices as long as decryption happens locally and it stays encrypted in the cloud and there’s no reset option when master password is forgotten (one reason why I ditched LastPass). Also, most password managers protect data in transit by using 256 bit SSL with a DH key for perfect forward secrecy 

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

There's some irony of being the account "2FA" here.

There is never irony, only two factor authentication.

2eqygn.jpg

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

• ufhXUW)2cnDUtwFP 
  • WBeFGcadq]]J25GD 

On a related note, using ASCII emojis for password components would actually be a good idea.

Which is easier to remember?

-WBeFGcadq]]J25GD

-\(^o^)/>_<^_^

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Never trust anyone of whom you don't know they have interest permanently vested in you.

3 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

I think at this point in time its better to go back to writing your passwords down after using a password generator and putting them in a hidden spot. 

well i have issues with password, i stopped using chrome/firefox for password storage a long time ago, using an online storage but i really dont like this situation its too fucked up, fuck manual password typing and passwords in general, they are stupid, we need a new sort of fingerprint scanner thats cheap and connect to every computer and you only use that to authenticate everywhere, most phones already have fingerprint scanner, all pc's should have one aswell now, they are cheap enough, but who is going to force all websites and softwares to implement fingerprint log in instead of passwords?

8 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

On a related note, using ASCII emojis for password components would actually be a good idea.

Which is easier to remember?

-WBeFGcadq]]J25GD

-\(^o^)/>_<^_^

Unfortunately some websites doesn't support non-alphanumeric characters. 

16 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

How would syncing with several devices work in this case? Do you manually copy stuff from your PC to your laptop and phone or is there some kind of LAN sync?

17 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Or just store passwords you dont use often on paper/disc and keep it in a fireproof safe. Never used a password manager because they can and have been hacked or have vulnerabilities.

https://thehackernews.com/2017/02/password-manager-apps.html

The most important password related opsec is to have 2FA on anywhere you can and keep a physical backup of your recovery codes. 

16 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

emojis

16 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

\(^o^)/>_<^_^

Those are emoticons, vastly superior to emoji.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

19 hours ago, yian88 said:

we need a new sort of fingerprint scanner thats cheap and connect to every computer and you only use that to authenticate everywhere, most phones already have fingerprint scanner,

It’s getting closer with WebAuthn 

Seems like a lot for a password manager. And I don't know how I feel about my VPN and password managers being together.

13 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Unfortunately some websites doesn't support non-alphanumeric characters. 

Sadly there are still sites which require passcode lengths between 6-10 charaters. Those sites will get no further visits from me.

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Those are emoticons, vastly superior to emoji.

Emoticons > emojis > human expressions > animoji