Youtube premium + adblock

Good day everyone,

Long time reader, rarely posting stuff,

I'm a YouTube Premium user. For the last 2-3 month I have difficulties with YouTube. Half of the video are fine, some are buffering, some have audio removed for a portion of the video, often, if I skip a segment, the video crash. If the video crash I usually need to reload the video 3 to 10 times to finish it.

For what I read, this is part of the war that google is raging against users of adblock. I admint that I do use an adblock. The thing is that I receive that same treatments from Google as if I "steal" the content ... but I'm a Premium user. I did contact Google (thru chat) and the answer was to stop using an adblock. They say that it is not necessary as a premium user. On an average video, my adblock block about 90 ad/sniffer/tracker, so there is no way for me to willingly remove my adblock. I'm I alone is this situation ? Why I'm I treated like a second class citizen by google even if I'm a paying consumer ?

Ben

Sorry if this is a repeat of the same topic from another thread.

Posted (edited)

ya thats why i didn't get Premium... how many the adbocks is a lie it just ticks a number to make it seem like its doing more then it is. and the number will reset. but i mean its free...so...🤷‍♂️

what other options dose "Premium" get me... i had to get a mod to stop the auto play after video...

too bad there nothing better then youtube..

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

If you're using AdBlock the extension that's part of the problem. I've been a YT Premium sub since 2018 or so and have uBlock Origin (the preferred adblocker) and there has never been an issue. YT is whitelisted and its fine.

If you ask anyone who knows whats up they'll suggest uBlock Origin. 

5 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

If you're using AdBlock the extension that's part of the problem. I've been a YT Premium sub since 2018 or so and have uBlock Origin (the preferred adblocker) and there has never been an issue. YT is whitelisted and its fine.

If you ask anyone who knows whats up they'll suggest uBlock Origin. 

GuiltySpark_, regardless of the name of your adblock extension, if you whitelist YT, it is as if you do not have the extension.

In any way, this is beside the point. I mention that as a paying user, they (Google) should not throttle my service, regardless of my usage of an adblock.

3 minutes ago, BCEG said:

GuiltySpark_, regardless of the name of your adblock extension, if you whitelist YT, it is as if you do not have the extension.

Your point? You're using a known trash extension. If you want your problem to go away, stop using it.

The last time this came up... https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/01/youtube-appears-to-be-reducing-video-and-site-performance-for-ad-block-users/

uBlock Origin developer Raymond Hill says the issue is limited to AdBlock Plus and its spinoffs and that blaming YouTube is "an incorrect diagnosis."

3 minutes ago, BCEG said:

I mention that as a paying user, they (Google) should not throttle my service, regardless of my usage of an adblock.

Neat. Good luck there. 

Anyway, I've given you your solution, enjoy.

7 minutes ago, BCEG said:

In any way, this is beside the point. I mention that as a paying user, they (Google) should not throttle my service, regardless of my usage of an adblock.

YT Premium user here and use Ublock Origin as well and my youtube is not even whitelisted and works perfectly fine so I'm not sure what would be the problem, try just changing your adblocker

56 minutes ago, BCEG said:

Good day everyone,

Long time reader, rarely posting stuff,

I'm a YouTube Premium user. For the last 2-3 month I have difficulties with YouTube. Half of the video are fine, some are buffering, some have audio removed for a portion of the video, often, if I skip a segment, the video crash. If the video crash I usually need to reload the video 3 to 10 times to finish it.

For what I read, this is part of the war that google is raging against users of adblock. I admint that I do use an adblock. The thing is that I receive that same treatments from Google as if I "steal" the content ... but I'm a Premium user. I did contact Google (thru chat) and the answer was to stop using an adblock. They say that it is not necessary as a premium user. On an average video, my adblock block about 90 ad/sniffer/tracker, so there is no way for me to willingly remove my adblock. I'm I alone is this situation ? Why I'm I treated like a second class citizen by google even if I'm a paying consumer ?

Ben

Sorry if this is a repeat of the same topic from another thread.

Been using Adblock Plus on Google Chrome for a very long time, and never bought YT Premium nor will I ever buy it. 
Never had a single problem with playing videos, crashing or anything similar. Haven't seen a single ad in years.