Jump to content

Is The MSI RMA Process As Bad As I'm Reading On Reddit?

Determined that the top M.2 slot on a motherboard wasn't working and the bottom one caused random unexplained crashes.

 

Sent it to MSI today and know it will take a week or so from the time they get it to update the status so it's not a fast process.  I've read reviews on the RMA status and users in the US are reporting absolutely terrible experiences.  Most products come back or get replaced with other non-working products or a different product altogether.  Spent $19 to ship it today so hoping it's the typical no good reviews on Reddit thing but was curious if anyone here has firsthand experience with RMA'ing with MSI and motherboards in particular?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends. I've seen people in the past praising MSI because they've sent them higher tier or newer model graphics card after they've sent them their old one for RMA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Depends. I've seen people in the past praising MSI because they've sent them higher tier or newer model graphics card after they've sent them their old one for RMA.

I haven't seen that in my searches so that's definitely more re-assuring and promising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WarmEngine said:

I haven't seen that in my searches so that's definitely more re-assuring and promising.

To be fair people tend to get upset and complain a lot more than if everything goes in their favour so you'll mostly just find negative experiences. 

 

From my experience the RMA process was very long... Took over a month to process... But other than that I can't complain. 

 

But that was in roughly 2013/14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, WereCat said:

To be fair people tend to get upset and complain a lot more than if everything goes in their favour so you'll mostly just find negative experiences. 

 

From my experience the RMA process was very long... Took over a month to process... But other than that I can't complain. 

 

But that was in roughly 2013/14

That's exactly why I posted here.  i just had my first RMA experience ever with an AMD CPU that was actually really impressive.  I had a new CPU in less than 2 weeks from sending the defective one in.  A new one was shipped one business day after they received their package from me which they paid for the shipping on.  That's my only complaint about MSI so far, the customer has to pay to ship the defective product to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×