Motherboard won't boot/sometimes boots, Z370 Aorus.

Bitter

Applying pressure or flexing around the CPU socket with a plastic rod, flexing the cooler side to side slightly, and changing tension on the ILM bolts seems to cause the system to boot, not boot, or partially boot. CPU cooler is mounted with an especially rigid backplate for the cooler so I don't think the cooler flexed the motherboard, doesn't seem to be shorting anything but I'll double check later, system was up and working for several days testing a GPU I bought without problems. I dropped in a RAID card to tinker with it and that's when the issues started, however I think that may just be coincidental, but now the system will not boot or show any life with the card installed. Initially it was up and working with the card, I was in the card settings inside the UEFI when the system suddenly shut down, then would POST loop with the card installed then eventually nothing. I pulled the card, same POST looping then dead. I found that wiggling the GPU caused some signs of life so I pulled the GPU and wasn't able to get it to post, put the GPU back in and it worked for a boot but wouldn't come back up from shut down. That's when I found that if I slightly applied pressure to the cooler it would POST. Since then the amount and frequency of needing to bend/flex the board via the cooler, change CPU pressure via ILM bolts, or just press on the board near the socket has increased rapidly, to the point now I can't get a complete POST out of it anymore. I suspect an issue with the socket soldering to the board may be to blame for the issues since flexing/bending changes the issues, I'll do a closer visual inspection once it's off the test bench. I only have one CPU to test with it, so I'm swapping it to a H370 board to verify the CPU is good along with the RAM and video card. I'll also make sure the RAID card is working in the H370 board.

The board was bought 2nd hand a while back. Is there anything specific I should look at that might definitely tell me what the issue is? I have a small hot air solder, should I try heating the socket area from the backside? What's the best way to keep the socket and components near it from moving around if I do try to heat it?

Edit with solution: WOW I must have dropped that board into the test bench with my eyes closed in the dark. I had a misplaced standoff under a section of PCIe lanes, caught it when I pulled the board off to swap in a H370 board. I had already ordered an i3 8100T for testing purposes, thankfully only a $20 CPU which I guess will end up built out in the H370 board which is probably going to be the home to the LSI card anyway.