Shows like the WAN show?

anoor9000

I like having the WAN show on in the background while I get other things done. Are there other shows like the WAN show?

Thanks

What about Awesome Hardware?

It is a 2-part show (one on paul's hardware channel, the other one on bitwit) and is similar to the WAN-show.

Here are the latest ones

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Jayz2cents and Barnacules used to do one

plenty of old episodes to go back and watch there.

3 hours ago, samcool55 said:

What about Awesome Hardware?

It is a 2-part show (one on paul's hardware channel, the other one on bitwit) and is similar to the WAN-show.

Here are the latest ones

I like Paul and Kyle, but 3 hours is too much to sit through all at once. And I hate the split episodes. If they want to share the show between channels just alternate week to week.

Level1 does news 2-3 times a week. 50min shows after which you want to dress up in tin foil and disconnect from internet. If you live in US and are over-paranoid type, that is. TechTalk is another one on my list.

I've also started to listen "This is only a test" from Tested, but I listen their old shows atm. I don't know how tech it's in recent ones as content has shifted quite bit from pure tech.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Apart from those listed, there are many more podcasts online, it just depends what subjects you are looking for. I personally listen to Rebeltaxi's 'Pizza Part Podcast', because I firstly enjoy the regulars and the guests they have on (basically the most important thing about podcasts) and secondly the stuff they talk about (animation, film, YouTube, little bit of gaming.. Etc. related).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

15 hours ago, geo3 said:

I like Paul and Kyle, but 3 hours is too much to sit through all at once. And I hate the split episodes. If they want to share the show between channels just alternate week to week.

Could you not just watch 1 half at one point, then the other half at another in that case? Neither of the halves are usually particularly linked. Also, its not split on their twitch channel.

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I don't know how tech it's in recent ones as content has shifted quite bit from pure tech.

I’ve got a feeling that this is the case with most “big” tech channels these days. The more they grow, the more general their overall content becomes. Obviously, when you want to appeal to a bigger audience, this might be inevitable I guess.

38 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

I’ve got a feeling that this is the case with most “big” tech channels these days. The more they grow, the more general their overall content becomes. Obviously, when you want to appeal to a bigger audience, this might be inevitable I guess.

With Tested it's not that, actually quite far from it. Since Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman (not anymore) got into partnership with them, content shifted from tech to doing all kinds of stuff more geared towards making cosplaying stuff, film props, and more hobby electronic style projects.

As the podcast from 2011 I listen now consist much talk of GPUs, CPUs, phones, tablets, TVs, cameras and games. Currently their tech is mainly VR related.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, geo3 said:

I agree :D

I don't watch them for exactly the same reasons.

What i do watch however are the news videos and ask GN videos from GamersNexus. Not exactly long (15-30 minutes) but they contain quite a lot of information.

I linked their latest ask GN and news video in case you are interested :P

GN is quite technical, not as insane as Level1 (it does get close sometimes tho) but it's not the average tech guy either like Linus or Paul.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I also like the fact that WAN Show is in a podcast format, I wish I could listen to Awesome Hardware while in the car as well.

On 01/07/2018 at 9:43 AM, Daniel644 said:

Jayz2cents and Barnacules used to do one

plenty of old episodes to go back and watch there.

They still do, it's when they both have the time. Jay is extremely busy & the Thursday night they streamed was literally his one free night away from work, and he was sacrificing family time for it.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

also wendell's channel, he used to be on Tek Syndicate before. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker