Bethesda E3 Conference News & Releases

ItsMitch

S: E3 Expo & USGamer

Compressing all the new games into one megathread for the sake of simplicity, of course, massive credits go to USGamer and Bethesda for pulling off quiet the show. Have fun and enjoy the new stuff released. 

RAGE 2 finally got a gameplay feature video released

The Elder Scrolls Blades: 

The Elder Scrolls: Blades is a first-person RPG designed specifically for mobile. While it's not quite Skyrim on mobile, but it'll do. The demo on stage showed off the game's handcrafted dungeons and outdoor areas. It'll have three playable modes including "the Abyss," its roguelike, procedurally generated dungeons. You also get a personalized town that you can customize, in addition to being able to visit your friends' towns too. The entire game can be played vertically or horizontally, and was showed off on an iPhone X. It's not stuck on smartphones though. The Elder Scrolls: Blades is being brought to as many platforms as possible, from PC to "high end" VR. The Elder Scrolls: Blades is releasing this fall for free on Android and iOS, with other platforms coming later. 

The Elder Scrolls Online and The Elder Scrolls Legends

ESO will be having some new dungeon DLC named Wolfhunter to be released this year, it'll also have a new DLC called Murkmire, that'll take you to the lands of the Black Marsh.

TES:L will have a new overhauled UI and art style, and it'll be coming to the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and of course, PS4 laster this year. 

Doom Eternal

The first surprise of the night came in a trailer for Doom Eternal, showing Earth overrun by Hell. It had some demons running around and Doom Guy facing it all with a big ass gun, of course. In 2016, id Software's reboot of Doom released to widespread critical acclaim (of its single-player campaign, specifically). Doom Eternal, despite its name sounding a little bit like a multiplayer-focused game, is a proper "sequel" to the 2016 game, only now it's set on Earth instead of Mars. It will have twice as many demons than the previous game. Doom Eternal will make its formal debut at QuakeCon in August. 

Quake Champions

Quake Champions, the arena shooter from id Software, is still kickin'. In fact, it's about to get more accessible than it's ever been before. It's going free-to-play… for just this week, before the actual full free-to-play version launches in the future. Plus if you download Quake Champions starting tonight and login sometime this week, you'll still be able to play the full game even after the trial ends.  

Prey

Prey released back in May 2017, which feels like an eternity ago. The underrated first-person shooter isn't dead yet though, it's getting three big new modes starting tonight: a story mode, New Game+, and a Survival Mode for players who want a challenge. Prey: Mooncrash is the first major DLC for the shooter that's also available starting tonight. It's an arcade-focused expansion, where "every run is different." So basically it's a roguelike, but in the Prey universe. That's not the only expansion coming to Prey this year though. Typhon Hunter is an upcoming multiplayer-focused mode where one player battles against five others. Only there's a very Prey-esque twist: the five opponents are Mimics who can disguise themselves as everyday objects. Prey will also be getting two new VR experiences. 

Wolfenstein Youngblood & Cyber Pilot 

In another surprise, Wolfenstein is getting a standalone spin-off starring B.J. Blazkowicz twin daughters. It takes place well after Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, set in 1980. It's a co-op game (though it can also be played single-player) that "pushes the story forward." It's coming out in 2019. The VR experience Wolfenstein: Cyber Pilot was also announced, where you play as a hacker that hacks Nazi robots.  

Fallout 76

Earlier today during Microsoft's E3 2018 press conference, we got our first trailer for Fallout 76 and learned that it's four times larger than Fallout 4. And now during today's Bethesda showcase, we got more details about what it is. First, it features all new rendering technology, which allows 16 times the detail from previous Bethesda games. Fallout 76 takes players through six different regions, and leans heavily on West Virginian folklore. It also has new monsters, obviously. 

This isn't going to be the typical Fallout experience though. It's going to be an entirely online RPG, though don't expect there to be hundreds of players; there will just be dozens. At the conference, Todd Howard noted that if you want to play the game wholly solo, that is still possible too. However, Fallout 76 does emphasize teaming up with fellow players to build and protect camps. You can also move what you build to any location on a whim too, but you should keep them protected. It will also have nuclear weapon sites across the map where you can acquire a nuke and launch it somewhere on the map. If this all sounds exciting to you, then you're in luck, because Fallout 76 is getting an early beta, though its date is unspecified. It's also getting a fancy collector's "Power Armor" edition that comes with a ridiculous Fallout helmet for your next cosplay or whatever. Fallout 76 will be out November 14, 2018. 

Starfield

Bethesda closed out its E3 2018 conference this year with a surprise reveal for the distant future: a single-player adventure for the next generation of platforms. It's the first "wholly original franchise in over 25 years" for Bethesda

ELDER SCROLLS 6 CONFIRMED

Bethesda revealed that it is indeed working on a new Elder Scrolls, noted to be the game coming "after" Starfield, whenever that releases in the next generation. 

Rage 2 looked good,  And I am curious to see which direction they go in with this starfield.   Was I right in hearing that starfield will be a single player? does this mean no multiplayer?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

"our overworld is X times bigger than the overworlds of previous games"

then, the game comes out and half of it is totally empty and most the side quests are shallow

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

3 minutes ago, minervx said:

"our overworld is X times bigger than the overworlds of previous games"

then, the game comes out and half of it is totally empty and most the side quests are shallow

It's pretty hard these days for anyone to come up with side quests that are new or different.  All the best story lines or variations thereof have been done.  I think Bethseda did a pretty good job in ESO, however even that started to get a little samey samey after a while.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

It's pretty hard these days for anyone to come up with side quests that are new or different.  All the best story lines or variations thereof have been done.  I think Bethseda did a pretty good job in ESO, however even that started to get a little samey samey after a while.  

i understand that side quests by nature are fetchy.   but they do have good opportunities to incorporate story elements.  above all, i want a game with 40 good side quests over a game with 200 bad ones

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

1 minute ago, minervx said:

i understand that side quests by nature are fetchy.   but they do have good opportunities to incorporate story elements.  above all, i want a game with 40 good side quests over a game with 200 bad ones

I want them to make the fights a little harder or require more team work/strategy.  Rather than just gang bash for 30 sec with a healer.

What province is that in the TES VI teaser?

Both Hammerfall and Elsweyr are supposed to have deserts. I've read speculation about it being Akavir.

You missed the best part....

They couldn't have done any more imo, they showed Rage 2, showed Fallout, announced Star Field, Doom 2 & TES IV plus new stuff for Prey & Wolf 2. Plus they had an epic sense of humour.

The only bad part of the entire event was the band that opened everything.

Good job Bethesda

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

27 minutes ago, Granular said:

What province is that in the TES VI teaser?

Camel is struggling to pinpoint a exact location and he knows his ES shit. 

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

Bethesda pulled this off for Alexa and it killed me, so funny. 

I was watching it live and I literally cried laughing when he started playing on the refrigerator. 

I'm interested to see what they'll do with Fallout 76 (Note: NOT interested enough to be a gullible idiot and pre-order so let's make that clear)

They seem to be wanting not to step into the MMO toes of their parent company but on the contrary, copy Rockstar's model of transitioning a previously single player franchise into online with smaller, more manageable lobbies.

Some other things I suspect they'll model after GTA:O will be:

- The semi-persistent world: Persistent in the way of you not being able to really save anything on the world instance and having separate instance for your "properties" (And even some special vehicles).

- The event based nature of some of the activities: Some missions and activities basically take you out of the "open world" roaming world and drop you into a smaller session that can be more easily managed for changes, certain AI scripts, etc. They'll also have free roaming session wide player driven activities with the nukes likely to encourage both PvP and item farming

- Finally the most important that I'm not sure but I think they could copy is the free DLC and pay-to-win nature: Instead of a subscription you buy the game and play it online for free. The game is grindtastic however and encouraging PvP as the main opposition (Instead of just PvE AI) to get in the way of you getting resources for valuable items and such. So you can play for free and earn everything for free provided you can survive being griefed by a bunch of 12 year olds with nothing better to do than to mess with you. The alternative being a "pay to win" system when you can just use your irl cash to buy caps/credits/whatever and go buy the things you want immediately.

You maintain interest in the game and people playing it by releasing 3 to 4 DLCs for free that of course encourage players to resume their grinding to buy the increasingly expensive new toys and waiting for enough of them to break down and just buy in game currency instead.

I am not going on too much evidence to make this assertions but the fact that they did say they're going for smaller lobbies seems to point to this model: Your costs are greatly reduced since it can be mostly P2P and you don't need a huge, monolithic and really expensive online server to have hundreds or thousands of players simulaneous and because of this you probably won't have a permanent world and just have server synchronized player stats so you have persistent items and such but the session is ultimately unchanging. You encourage PvP to raise the difficulty of obtaining said items and push the alternative of pay-to-win.

EDIT: It occurs to me that Destiny 2 is also following this basic model afaik but I don't play that game so anyone feel free to tell me where does it fit and where it does not

What do you guys think?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Really good list. 

DOOM Eternal oh I'm glad more cyberdemons in my life!

Good to see Quake Champions got some showcase and attention.

Fallout 76 seems very interesting, I know some may not like online play, but it seems it will be fun. Reminded me canceled Fallout Online back then.

TES VI after quite some time confirmed, so nice. TESO by it then heh.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Cookybiscuit said:

The Skyrim vid was funny but it's obvious that 76 is going to be non-canon shit.

I think it will be partially canon, it's still a full fleged fallout game. IDK how they are going to explain super mutants existing at that time though...

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Just now, Swatson said:

I think it will be partially canon, it's still a full fleged fallout game. IDK how they are going to explain super mutants existing at that time though...

The east coast super mutants emerged way before the west coast. So it's within canon to have them on the east coast 25 years after the war. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

9 minutes ago, App4that said:

The east coast super mutants emerged way before the west coast. So it's within canon to have them on the east coast 25 years after the war. 

According to the fallout wiki, the master only discovered FEV a few months before Fallout 76 takes place, and was found on the west coast? The west coast mutants then traveled east after the downfall of the master in 2162.

" Super mutants were first created on the West Coast by Richard Grey, also known as "The Master", who led the first human survivor expedition to Mariposa Military Base in 2102."

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 minutes ago, Swatson said:

According to the fallout wiki, the master only discovered FEV a few months before Fallout 76 takes place, and was found on the west coast? The west coast mutants then traveled east after the downfall of the master.

" Super mutants were first created on the West Coast by Richard Grey, also known as "The Master", who led the first human survivor expedition to Mariposa Military Base in 2102."

You want to look into vault 87 in the capitol wasteland, that's where the east coast super mutants come from and it was opened by the great war itself releasing them. 

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_87

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I'm interested to see what they'll do with Fallout 76 (Note: NOT interested enough to be a gullible idiot and pre-order so let's make that clear)

They seem to be wanting not to step into the MMO toes of their parent company but on the contrary, copy Rockstar's model of transitioning a previously single player franchise into online with smaller, more manageable lobbies.

Some other things I suspect they'll model after GTA:O will be:

- The semi-persistent world: Persistent in the way of you not being able to really save anything on the world instance and having separate instance for your "properties" (And even some special vehicles).

- The event based nature of some of the activities: Some missions and activities basically take you out of the "open world" roaming world and drop you into a smaller session that can be more easily managed for changes, certain AI scripts, etc. They'll also have free roaming session wide player driven activities with the nukes likely to encourage both PvP and item farming

- Finally the most important that I'm not sure but I think they could copy is the free DLC and pay-to-win nature: Instead of a subscription you buy the game and play it online for free. The game is grindtastic however and encouraging PvP as the main opposition (Instead of just PvE AI) to get in the way of you getting resources for valuable items and such. So you can play for free and earn everything for free provided you can survive being griefed by a bunch of 12 year olds with nothing better to do than to mess with you. The alternative being a "pay to win" system when you can just use your irl cash to buy caps/credits/whatever and go buy the things you want immediately.

You maintain interest in the game and people playing it by releasing 3 to 4 DLCs for free that of course encourage players to resume their grinding to buy the increasingly expensive new toys and waiting for enough of them to break down and just buy in game currency instead.

I am not going on too much evidence to make this assertions but the fact that they did say they're going for smaller lobbies seems to point to this model: Your costs are greatly reduced since it can be mostly P2P and you don't need a huge, monolithic and really expensive online server to have hundreds or thousands of players simulaneous and because of this you probably won't have a permanent world and just have server synchronized player stats so you have persistent items and such but the session is ultimately unchanging. You encourage PvP to raise the difficulty of obtaining said items and push the alternative of pay-to-win.

EDIT: It occurs to me that Destiny 2 is also following this basic model afaik but I don't play that game so anyone feel free to tell me where does it fit and where it does not

What do you guys think?

They references dedicated servers. I was under the impression that dedicated servers would indicate that it wouldn't be p2p but I could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

They references dedicated servers. I was under the impression that dedicated servers would indicate that it wouldn't be p2p but I could be wrong. 

Nah, has nothing to do with PvP, mostly to do with having control of the server so as to have a higher quality online experience, including less cheating. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nah, has nothing to do with PvP, mostly to do with having control of the server so as to have a higher quality online experience, including less cheating. 

They're referring to peer2peer vs dedicated servers.

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

They did.

so rage is pretty much borderlands

blades is infinity blade with shitty combat but better exploration

doom is doom

nothing new in quake

new great additions to prey

wolfenstein hopefully won't be what the old blood was to the new order

fall... skipped, not interested

starfield, trailer that doesn't tell much much other than space and a spaceship

elder scrolls 6, even less information than starfield other than the theme songs being the same as skyrim so probably a sequel to skyrim?

looking forward for doom cause even if the trailer shows no gameplay, it's hard to deviate from the formula of:

gimme demons

gimme shotguns

gimme metal

gimme gore

Then there's the prey DLC

and that's it for me. Next press conference!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

44 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

It means there's a server that validates the client and distributes lobbies.

Those lobbies however might be entirely p2p and just reports what the session is doing with all of the clients. It's kind of a minimalistic way of running an online game without a huge central server (As popularized by Everquest then WoW).

This is why Howard made it a point to say it would be small lobbies with just a few players.

-------

Current Rig

-------